• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fales

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard no boos at all dickface

Oh..... but you had to..... My buddy who bought my tix to the game last weekend said the fans cheered Jay as he walked off the field with that injury....

Sorry, but I don't have to lie to kick it. :shrug:

And even the announcers on TV said it....:wash:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Fales time. That is all.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad can he be if he was kept off the field today?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh..... but you had to..... My buddy who bought my tix to the game last weekend said the fans cheered Jay as he walked off the field with that injury....

Sorry, but I don't have to lie to kick it. :shrug:

And even the announcers on TV said it....:wash:
So they cheered ? You truly are fishing........

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best place to give him his first start would be against the best....

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well., Seattle got their black heart back with their hold out safety who was still a captain. It would have been good for Fales to get some time against the best, it might have kept the bears from talking to Tebow again this week.

C

cubzzzfanincali

You guys do realize there's no way they are going to bench Clausen this week right? I don't know how obvious this was on the TV broadcast, but there were virtually no open receivers yesterday. Actually the Bears didn't play that badly all in all...the defensive line definitely had it's way with the Seattle line. But far and away the worst position group were the receivers. Clausen certainly didn't make anything great happen, but he didn't make any serious mistakes either. He's your starter for now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree Cali. JC is 1-10 under Fox. Goodbye Jimmy.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole point is see what you have and move on. If he plays well, you lose Claussen down the road if Jay gets healthy. IF he doesnt, you get Zac back and let Gase have his old QB in waiting. Its just as bad not playing him and wondering what you have than playing him and allowing him to fail. If Jimmy has 50 yards passing first half sunday, we should all hope Fales gets a look. For all we know, Jimmy will be concussed again anyway, he usually gets one per game and did take a late hit to the head.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Fales gets his shot. It just won't be this week as a starter.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff is not fking around. Fales will get his shot. Why the fk would he not? Is it because Clauson is so good?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
175% chance. 75% chance he starts 100% chance he finishes.

He never found his way into yesterday's blowout in the 4th. This Sunday the Bears could actually keep it somewhat close with Oakland. Doubt they pull Clausen for an undrafted guy with no experience in a game that they're somewhat within striking distance in.

Would be utterly stunned if he's named the starter. Stunned. Intrigued... but stunned.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never found his way into yesterday's blowout in the 4th. This Sunday the Bears could actually keep it somewhat close with Oakland. Doubt they pull Clausen for an undrafted guy with no experience in a game that they're somewhat within striking distance in.

Would be utterly stunned if he's named the starter. Stunned. Intrigued... but stunned.
I would be stunned if they don't. But I'll forgive them as I know they will bring Fales in quickly. Jimmy if starting will be on a short leash. We can't win if we can't throw downfield.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is practicing this week with the No.1s ? This staff is so closed mouth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I borrowed this post from a different board.
icon1.png Jim Harbaugh on David Fales calls him Top 5 QB in 2014 NFL Drat
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sjsu/20...4-draft-class/

Count Jim Harbaugh among those who is impressed with former San Jose State quarterback David Fales.

Fales worked out Friday at the 49ers’ training facility in Santa Clara during their local pro day and Harbaugh raved about him afterwards.

“I’m a big fan,” Harbaugh said of Fales. “My personal quarterback evalutation of this class has David in the top five.”

“I think he sees the field. I think he throws the ball downfield. A lot of quarterbacks are doing what they’re taught in their systems. He’s a guy that is an example of a quarterback who throws to the outside lanes. He throws the ball in the seams and gets it downfield and sees the field well. He’s got a real savvyness about the position.”

Harbaugh spoke about Fales’ winning qualities.

“Big difference in the San Jose State win-loss record when he’s the quarterback as opposed to before he was the quarterback,” Harbaugh said. “It’ll be a true test to how they do after he’s the quarterback. He’s risen with the program and brought wins, so those are some of things I really like about him.”

The common knock on Fales has been that he has a good, but not elite arm. Harbaugh was asked to evaluate Fales’ arm strength.

“You see a very compact throwing motion today, more compact than I saw during his career,” he said. “But he was still throwing the ball 50-55 yards downfield, throwing the deep comebacks, the outside lanes like he threw in college. Easily, accurately and on a line. We talked a little after the workout. I don’t see any deficiencies that way.”

General manager Trent Baalke, who attended San Jose State’s upset of Fresno State, also spoke highly of Fales.

“I like a lot of things about David,” Baalke said. “He’s very composed. He’s a very smart football player. You look at him statistically, he’s won a lot of games. He won a shootout at Fresno which I happened to be at. He’s got good arm talent. He can make all the throws. He’s very accurate, especially in the short to intermediate game. There’s a lot to like about him.”

Fales wore No. 11 during the workout, which brings up two ironic points. His normal No. 10 was occupied by Vanderbilt’s Austyn Carta-Samuels, a former SJSU commit who was a major reason the Spartans didn’t recruit Fales out of high school. But it also happens to be the number of Fales’ workout partner the past month, Alex Smith.

“Yeah, it was kind of funny,” Fales said of donning Smith’s No. 11. “That was an honor being able to train with him while he’s back home. That was a great experience.”

Having spent most of his life in Northern California, what would it mean to the Salinas native and Palma High product if he were drafted by the 49ers?

“Growing up in the Bay Area, that would be awesome. A dream come true,” Fales said. “You’ve got all the Bay Area fans and local fans where I’m from, growing up, everybody’s a Niner fan so that would be a dream come true.”

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be stunned if they don't. But I'll forgive them as I know they will bring Fales in quickly. Jimmy if starting will be on a short leash. We can't win if we can't throw downfield.

If I was a sports book, I would be willing too give you fantastic odds on Fales both being the starter, and then a bet on whether or not he gets in. Barring injury.

I actually think Cutler starts this week though.

If not, I really do hope you're right. I'd like to see what we have in Fales.