• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT Suspension Upheld

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of us that have no clue what the injunction means... Does he still have a chance to get the suspension reduced?

Reduced? No.

At this point, one of two things will happen... if the District Judge grants a TRO.

Either the courts will rule in his favor and invalidate the suspension, or the courts will rule in favor of the league. Just like with Brady. This will take awhile. Just like with Brady.

IF - the District Judge grants the TRO.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs this six game suspension. I don't have him......uh......it's for his own good.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he can play tis week,,,,how does that happen....Dallas doesn't need Zeke to beat the lowly Giants....wouldn't it be better to take the first 6 weeks off rather than play 2 weeks then have a 6 game suspension?

also...Michael Irving is an ass on NFL network...he needs to go back to doing post game interviews over the phone with hookers and cocaine in the room....I CAN NOT STAND THIS GUY....just a personal view

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reduced? No.

At this point, one of two things will happen... if the District Judge grants a TRO.

Either the courts will rule in his favor and invalidate the suspension, or the courts will rule in favor of the league. Just like with Brady. This will take awhile. Just like with Brady.

IF - the District Judge grants the TRO.
So if I understand this correctly, it's either 6 games or 0 all depending on the TRO ruling? If the TRO is granted that forces the NFL to dismiss the suspension?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still bet he plays this whole season as I imagine he will be granted the injunction. Just thinking it goes down similar to what went down with Brady.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I understand this correctly, it's either 6 games or 0 all depending on the TRO ruling? If the TRO is granted that forces the NFL to dismiss the suspension?
No, the injunction just halts the suspension until a judge can rule on it.

Could take weeks, months, or all year. Kind of like with Brady.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the injunction just halts the suspension until a judge can rule on it.

Could take weeks, months, or all year. Kind of like with Brady.
Somehow even more confused now lol

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Judge grants the Temporary Restraining Order, then the case starts working its way through the court system like Brady's case. Zeke and his lawyers will have to convince the courts that the league didn't follow proper procedure in determining he should be suspended 6 games.

If the Judge doesn't grant the TRO, his suspension starts Week 2.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Goodell suspended him.

NFLPA appealed the suspension AND filed for an injunction baring Elliot from being suspended incase the appeal was lost.

NFL upheld the suspension.

Judge will now rule on the injunction Friday. If granted, it will allow Elliot to play while the case is reviewed by a judge. If denied, Elliot will be suspended while the NFLPA files their case through the court.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need s a lawyer

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Judge grants the Temporary Restraining Order, then the case starts working its way through the court system like Brady's case. Zeke and his lawyers will have to convince the courts that the league didn't follow proper procedure in determining he should be suspended 6 games.

If the Judge doesn't grant the TRO, his suspension starts Week 2.

LOL

Goodell suspended him.

NFLPA appealed the suspension AND filed for an injunction baring Elliot from being suspended incase the appeal was lost.

NFL upheld the suspension.

Judge will now rule on the injunction Friday. If granted, it will allow Elliot to play while the case is reviewed by a judge. If denied, Elliot will be suspended while the NFLPA files their case through the court.

giphy.gif

Thanks for writing it out in crayons for me gents...

:suds:

Where's the damn useful rating at?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke has filed to fight the suspension in court. NFL filed to have that dismissed because the Brady case already established they got the sole right to decide what's good for the league....been their, done that, frivolous suit.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke has filed to fight the suspension in court. NFL filed to have that dismissed because the Brady case already established they got the sole right to decide what's good for the league....been their, done that, frivolous suit.
Yup, and while I don't know all the ins/outs, I have to agree with the NFL in this instance. Not saying I like it (I don't) but the precedent has already been established that the NFLPA gave Goodell the power to decide right/wrong and is the sole distributor of punishment.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you don't think they will grant it?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe maybe not
lots of difference than Brady case
NFL still has to follow proper procedure which NFLPA claims they did not
both sides are doubling down
Im hoping that this case cripples Goodell and the New York Gang but we will have to wait and see

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the court will dismiss the Zeke case. Brady case has set a precedent and set it stone.

That actually makes sense too. Guess we will see, I didn't really follow the Brady thing much and figured it might be something considered by each situation. Sure I glad he didn't make it to me in my fantasy draft Sunday.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Respect nothing is set in stone
We shall see. If they dismiss Zeke case, doubt you see anymore players filing lawsuits to fight Godell rulings. I'm actually surprised Zeke went this route, the odds are stacked against him.