• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex Ducks Player: "Oregon fans suck."

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other though on this is that it was strange that this was his only contact with fans ever. There are fan days and the players at least seemed to enjoy those. So instead of recalling all the great interactions he's had he chooses to hone in on this one incident and then write about it to Clownzano

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has these... The more successful the team, the more you have...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long time since I've been able to get to a game but my tickets are in section 14. The dumbest thing we had is the guy that had a noose around opposing players mascot stuffed animals and after every score would beat it and the railing.

Yep, sit right across from him. And everyone would count along. I dont think he does it anymore or maybe I just dont notice him.

I did see him at the Wisconsin Rose Bowl as well in his hard hat get up dragging a Badger.

THey must have put the ban hammer on his Autzen antics.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other though on this is that it was strange that this was his only contact with fans ever. There are fan days and the players at least seemed to enjoy those. So instead of recalling all the great interactions he's had he chooses to hone in on this one incident and then write about it to Clownzano

maybe ol Colt read the tweets and is just bitter.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a mess this article stirred up on OregonLive. Over 600 comments already. My favorite are the ones from other teams claiming that this doesn't happen in their house. Bullshit. It happens everywhere. Don't let Wizardhawk fool you, he hates duck fans, mostly for good reason, but I have seen the same shit from Huskies, Cougars, Beavers, Bears, Buskeyes, everyone.

I heard Husky fans cussing out their players this year, saying fire Sark, arguing with each other, calling the players fegs, etc. Wizard says, "Huskies reserve their hate for the other teams." Bullshit. I have been up there plenty and seen just exactly where the hate goes. In fact, I could really argue that when a team is down (UW the last 10 years for example), the hate goes inward more than outward, which is the case at UW right now. I watched a group of Huskies right next to me stand up and boo ASJ and call him a drunk. After the game we were having drinks with several packs of Husky fans and I must have heard, "Fuck Sark" like 100 times, and "Price sucks" just as much. It happens, its called being a passionate fan.

It is everywhere. Its called being a fan. You have to be able to deal with it when you are in the stands. There are always idiots, its not just in one area. Plenty of idiots at Oregon, but trust me, they are all over the US. I have been to sporting venues all over the country and when you mix competition with fans and top it off with alcohol you get all kinds of shit. You have choices in your entertainment, if you cant handle it and you are going to bitch about it, go watch a movie or a concert instead.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck any pampered fucking prima donna athlete who wants to compare his life to slavery.

You want slavery? Let's pack this piece of shit up and drop him off somewhere like Sudan and then he can truly find out what slavery really is.

Any pampered athlete who compares his life to slavery automatically loses credibility.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is certain, love him or hate him, Canzano does one HELL of a job. His job is to create pieces that inspire opinions and reaction. This he does on a daily basis. One of the best at his trade, even though I constantly find myself cussing him, lol.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If education was possible, they wouldn't be ignorant.

I hate hearing people say players suck etc. But it happens. Some people are over the top with it, that dumbass ElTexan makes a thread about a player been gone 10 years and still posts to it. I neg the shit outta him for it, and I don't even care about the team/player.

:agree:

:lame:

:L

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck any pampered fucking prima donna athlete who wants to compare his life to slavery.

You want slavery? Let's pack this piece of shit up and drop him off somewhere like Sudan and then he can truly find out what slavery really is.

Any pampered athlete who compares his life to slavery automatically loses credibility.

Exactly. What a misguided, arrogant POS this "former player" is. Don't like getting free college, housing and food? Don't fucking play football. Drop off the team and become a normal student like many of us did. Take on the student loan debt, pay for your own books and meals, and lose all of the other irreplaceable advantages that come from playing for a big time college football program. What a little bitch.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt even read entire article. Stupid ass fans all over including the former player it sounds like.

Gonna be some Squatch slappin up in Autzen next game I am thinkin.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a mess this article stirred up on OregonLive. Over 600 comments already. My favorite are the ones from other teams claiming that this doesn't happen in their house. Bullshit. It happens everywhere. Don't let Wizardhawk fool you, he hates duck fans, mostly for good reason, but I have seen the same shit from Huskies, Cougars, Beavers, Bears, Buskeyes, everyone.

I heard Husky fans cussing out their players this year, saying fire Sark, arguing with each other, calling the players fegs, etc. Wizard says, "Huskies reserve their hate for the other teams." Bullshit. I have been up there plenty and seen just exactly where the hate goes. In fact, I could really argue that when a team is down (UW the last 10 years for example), the hate goes inward more than outward, which is the case at UW right now. I watched a group of Huskies right next to me stand up and boo ASJ and call him a drunk. After the game we were having drinks with several packs of Husky fans and I must have heard, "Fuck Sark" like 100 times, and "Price sucks" just as much. It happens, its called being a passionate fan.

It is everywhere. Its called being a fan. You have to be able to deal with it when you are in the stands. There are always idiots, its not just in one area. Plenty of idiots at Oregon, but trust me, they are all over the US. I have been to sporting venues all over the country and when you mix competition with fans and top it off with alcohol you get all kinds of shit. You have choices in your entertainment, if you cant handle it and you are going to bitch about it, go watch a movie or a concert instead.

Boy you "kids" haven't a fucking clue do you? Back in the late 70's we went to the games AND brought the bar with us too, in form of a FULL KEG in 3 collapsable 5 gallon containers. Walked those babies right into the stadium without a care. Now mind you, being caught up in a 28 consecutive year losing streak dictated such feats. What the hell else could we do I ask. I can say, by halftime it was time for a "re-fill" and the backup's were already on order and in the house by the 2nd half.

Point is...

We had full blown parties going on in the student sections @ every home game and nothing ever happened except a good time by all. After losing the game, we simply "moved the party" to an off campus house that was roasting a pig in the ground since the night before. Gawd those Hawaiians knew how to cook-n-party.

Looking back at it all. We as a crowd enforced our own "crowd control" and had fun doing it all the while.

Carryon (no pun intended)....:suds:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone to OU games all over the country and the best fans have been at Alabama, Nebraska, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, Washington, Florida State and Cincinnati. The worst? Most LSU fans are totally classless. Colorado fans are beyond ignorant about how to act in public. But Oregon fans are the rudest people I have ever seen: cussing, mocking and acting childish. I've seen OU get beat in a bunch of places but Oregon was the absolute worst case when their fans could not/would not admit their victory was due to bad calls. They wanted to beat OU so badly they let good sportsmanship get in the way. The saving grace at Oregon was their coach (Nick Belloti) called Bob Stoops that night and apologized for what had happened. I'm around Oregon fans all the time and it's embarrassing how damn stupid most of them are. They simply don't understand the game very well but they are full of themselves because they win a lot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok bs'er, you don't see a difference between fans venting about their team during another loss to a team they flat out hate and haven't beaten in a decade and douche bag fans fighting with each other and downing on their own team when they are following the team with the best overall record in college over the last 4-5 seasons? :L

I never said Uw fans haven't bitched about their own team, I said they don't fight each other over it like what that player described. Every single base bitches about their team when they are failing and it can get bad when they are failing over and over. Lots of booing in the stands over willingham's era and for good reason.

Did you see UW fans bitching and fighting with each other over it? No. Case closed.

As for booze and games they were far more liquored up in the hay day of our team. You'd go into the bathrooms at the old stadium and there would be lines of empty pints and airplane bottles in all of the stalls. Everyone put their empties there and they piled up quickly. They had vendors selling soda in the isles back then and they'd all run out each pass down the isles. Don't need to tell you why soda was so popular. There were fucked up fans all over and yet there weren't fights or problems in the stands. Some would be loud and at least slightly obnoxious, but it didn't cause any problems. Today they have 'the zone' right outside the stadium for people to drink at and it's open until the 4th quarter. I hate it because it always leaves the stadium half full coming into the 3rd quarter as the drinkers take forever to come back. Still, they don't act like what that player saw.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fucking like that player, his comments rub me the wrong way.

First of all, the dick didn't give other duck fans a chance, he just says fuck them all. Second, read this shit...

I remember walking in from fall camp practice and talking to my teammates about how similar our lives were to the TV series Spartacus. We were slaves. We were paid enough to live, eat, and train... And nothing more. We went out on the field where we were broken down physically and mentally every day, only to wake up and do it again on the next. On the outside, spectators placed bets and objectified us. They put us on pedestals and worshipped us for a short time, but only as long as we were winning. In the end, we were just a bunch of dumbass (racial slur) for the owners to whip, and the rich to bet on.

What I described is a business, I know. It's how it works, and it is something we understand as athletes entering the system, as (expletive) up as it is. For many people entering that system, it's better than what life has to offer elsewhere. So they take it. But having been on the outside now, to witness this disgusting display of "support", I know that I want no (expletive) part of it. I will never attend a duck game as a spectator again. I am disgusted by duck fans and I will sit back and observe from afar with high hopes for the player's success and understanding of their sacrifice, without having to hear the spoiled woes of ignorant fans.

Really bro? You're like a slave? You play a goddamn GAME! Go fuck yourself. I'd like to lock in a guillotine choke on this fucker.

I understand it's hard to go to practice everyday in the hot sun, and hardly have any money, but too many people undervalue a free college education and it just pisses me off. I had to go to community college you asshole, I wasn't gifted enough to earn a scholly to a big university and I damn sure don't have the money to pay my way.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad this guy had to sit right next to OD and Shoktart.

Would never happen.

This player was obviously too ignorant to realize that you only have 26 seconds to get to OD's seat

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone to OU games all over the country and the best fans have been at Alabama, Nebraska, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, Washington, Florida State and Cincinnati. The worst? Most LSU fans are totally classless. Colorado fans are beyond ignorant about how to act in public. But Oregon fans are the rudest people I have ever seen: cussing, mocking and acting childish. I've seen OU get beat in a bunch of places but Oregon was the absolute worst case when their fans could not/would not admit their victory was due to bad calls. They wanted to beat OU so badly they let good sportsmanship get in the way. The saving grace at Oregon was their coach (Nick Belloti) called Bob Stoops that night and apologized for what had happened. I'm around Oregon fans all the time and it's embarrassing how damn stupid most of them are. They simply don't understand the game very well but they are full of themselves because they win a lot.

You live in Washington, have played Bellotti teams being an Oky fan.

But call him Nick Bellotti.

:laugh3:

Its Mike Bellotti

And you generalize Oregon fans as the dumb ones. Well played.

:suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

h31482E29

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live in Washington, have played Bellotti teams being an Oky fan.

But call him Nick Bellotti.

:laugh3:

Its Mike Bellotti

And you generalize Oregon fans as the dumb ones. Well played.

:suds:

Good catch on the typo. Typing while answering a phone leads to mistakes. :) But the rest still stands. Don't take it personal. Most Oregon fans are delusional and poor students of the game. Perhaps not you but at least 90% of them. And the fact is Mike Bellotti did do the classy thing which was a nice surprise after what happened in the stadium.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good catch on the typo. Typing while answering a phone leads to mistakes. :) But the rest still stands. Don't take it personal. Most Oregon fans are delusional and poor students of the game. Perhaps not you but at least 90% of them. And the fact is Mike Bellotti did do the classy thing which was a nice surprise after what happened in the stadium.

I couldnt tell what happened during the game until I got home and saw the game replay.