• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Euro 2016

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is trying to elude to the fact Portugal might not even had been in the position to win it all.

Still stupid. Groups would have been different if there were 16 teams. Also teams would have a higher sense of urgency in game 2 than they had in the current formula.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still stupid. Groups would have been different if there were 16 teams. Also teams would have a higher sense of urgency in game 2 than they had in the current formula.

i know, just saying why he probably said it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I love is the idiots on ESPN hating on Portugal style of play because it isn't exciting or flashy. Last time I checked the goal is to win games. You don't have to look pretty while doing it once you get the job done. Heard the same BS from the espn guys during the Champions League about Atletico Madrid boring style of play

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did what they had to do to win. Any argument to the contrary is ridiculous.

For everybody who detested what the Greeks did to win in 2004, nobody in Portugal was blaming their two losses on shitty Greek football. They blamed the Portuguese and their inability to do what was needed to win. Croatia, Poland, Wales and France all were given the opportunity to break down what has been since Santos took over in qualifying the most well-organised and tactically-efficient team in Europe. None of them could do it despite each team having more than enough attacking talent to do so.

Any whining to the contrary at this point is just petty.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I love is the idiots on ESPN hating on Portugal style of play because it isn't exciting or flashy. Last time I checked the goal is to win games. You don't have to look pretty while doing it once you get the job done. Heard the same BS from the espn guys during the Champions League about Atletico Madrid boring style of play
You'd think there would be a little more admiration for having to play 120' three times and still coming out winners.

If this were any other sport they would be called "clutch".

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Twellman is from ESPN but he didn't agree with ESPN he understood

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that Ronaldo won something for Portugal. This will put to rest the comparison between him and Messi as Messi can't get it done on the International stage. Cries and then quits.....what a pussy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that Ronaldo won something for Portugal. This will put to rest the comparison between him and Messi as Messi can't get it done on the International stage. Cries and then quits.....what a pussy.

No way is he really done with Argentina. I will be shocked if he isn't at the 2018 Russia

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

technically Ronaldo didn't do it either. But yes he actually won and Messi did not. Then again it's a team sport and Messi did all he could

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically Ronaldo didn't do it either. But yes he actually won and Messi did not. Then again it's a team sport and Messi did all he could

Technically? Did Portugal win the Euro 2016?

Messi didn't do "all he could". He missed his penalty at a very crucial moment. He flopped in last summers final. And the summer before that he didn't show up in the WC final.

DOn't get me wrong, I think Messi is great when surrounded by superior talent. But when forced into a "leadership" role, he just doesn't have it. Ronaldo, on the other hand, lives to be a leader.

Ronaldo > Messi

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically? Did Portugal win the Euro 2016?

Messi didn't do "all he could". He missed his penalty at a very crucial moment. He flopped in last summers final. And the summer before that he didn't show up in the WC final.

DOn't get me wrong, I think Messi is great when surrounded by superior talent. But when forced into a "leadership" role, he just doesn't have it. Ronaldo, on the other hand, lives to be a leader.

Ronaldo > Messi

He didn't win it for Portugal. he only played 25 minutes. So, YES Technically he did. But in reality the defense did...

Ronaldo was jumping up and down off the pitch and I thought for sure he was going to run onto it and beat his teammates up and yes that's more the Messi would but again, he didn't win it for Portugal.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't win it for Portugal. he only played 25 minutes. So, YES Technically he did. But in reality the defense did...

Ronaldo was jumping up and down off the pitch and I thought for sure he was going to run onto it and beat his teammates up and yes that's more the Messi would but again, he didn't win it for Portugal.

Yes, yes he did. He got them there and his teammates weren't going to let him down. They up'd their game as their wounded leader cheered them on. He won it for Portugal and that's how history was written.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes he did. He got them there and his teammates weren't going to let him down. They up'd their game as their wounded leader cheered them on. He won it for Portugal and that's how history was written.

Maybe but are probably right. The 2nd half sub won it though, lol :pound::heh: