• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN SEC BIAS STRIKES AGAIN

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 14 SEC teams in the top 89. That's the most of any league. A clear sign of SEC dominance

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is financially in bed with the SEC and Texas. They are obligated to hype them.

It is futile to hype Texas this year so they have to go to the SEC for anything positive to hype. They are protecting their investment and don't really have to obey the rules of fair and unbiased journalism. Might cost 'em some coin.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a further look at it I'm not sure one game is worthy of 14 spots. This is a team that beat Tennessee by a point at home. Tennessee has 0 wins against power 5 conferences. Struggled vs Eastern Carolina whom was blown out by navy. And I won't even touch the 14-9 win @ Kentucky.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a further look at it I'm not sure one game is worthy of 14 spots. This is a team that beat Tennessee by a point at home. Tennessee has 0 wins against power 5 conferences. Struggled vs Eastern Carolina whom was blown out by navy. And I won't even touch the 14-9 win @ Kentucky.
Going into the game do you think Ole Miss was rated too high, Florida to low or both.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is financially in bed with the SEC and Texas. They are obligated to hype them.

It is futile to hype Texas this year so they have to go to the SEC for anything positive to hype. They are protecting their investment and don't really have to obey the rules of fair and unbiased journalism. Might cost 'em some coin.

ESPN is a national network and those side networks draw fans of the teams themselves. It makes absolutely no financial sense at all to hype the SEC which have smaller networks than areas like the Big10 area. If ESPN was hyping conferences for ratings/money, it would be the Big10.

ESPN does NOT own tier 1 rights to the SEC. CBS does. CBS gets to pick the SEC games it wants to broadcast every week. The only limit is CBS is only allowed to show the same team a maximum of 5 times a year. ESPN gets whatever is left over. That is why all the bigger SEC games are not shown by ESPN, but are instead shown by CBS.

As for what ESPN owns, they also own the rights to televise all the bowl games, and they televise probably 90% of all the college football games across networks. The SEC network makes the majority of it's money from the states that have SEC schools in them, and it's only about 20% of the price in the rest of the country. The same for the Longhorn network.

The truth you conspiracy theorists don't want to hear: - ESPN is the biggest "bandwagon fan" in the world. They pump whoever is on currently on top. I can remember when it was all USC all the time, when it was all Oklahoma all the time, when it was all Texas all the time, and when it was all Alabama all the time. Whoever is hot - ESPN is on their nuts. Because that is what brings ratings.

It's rather obvious in this case they included Florida due to how much they jumped, which is a story in itself.

But hey, people will almost always believe a lie if you claim money is involved. So you got that going for you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the game do you think Ole Miss was rated too high, Florida to low or both.

What difference does it actually make? What kind of benefit is anyone getting here really?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought ole miss gained an advantage from beating Alabama who shouldn't have been ranked so high. That trend continues with them beating Georgia. Nick chubbs is a top 10 back but combine that with poor qb play and you get what happened to Georgia. I think Florida's performance in other games should have impacted polls just as much as beating old miss

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought ole miss gained an advantage from beating Alabama who shouldn't have been ranked so high. That trend continues with them beating Georgia. Nick chubbs is a top 10 back but combine that with poor qb play and you get what happened to Georgia. I think Florida's performance in other games should have impacted polls just as much as beating old miss

Be honest, how many of these games have you actually watched?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is the biggest "bandwagon fan" in the world. They pump whoever is on currently on top. I can remember when it was all USC all the time, when it was all Oklahoma all the time, when it was all Texas all the time, and when it was all Alabama all the time. Whoever is hot - ESPN is on their nuts. Because that is what brings ratings.

^^^THIS^^^

I agree that ESPN overhypes the SEC, but it's just the SEC's turn. During the Pete Carroll era, ESPN was hyping USC up so much that I was getting sick of hearing about us.

I think the only thing that makes the SEC hype different is that it's the first time we've seen this with an entire conference rather than just 1 or 2 teams.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, SEC bias, whatever will we do. If they keep showing the top 11 all year and keep an SEC team in that spot, they might just make the layoffs. :scared:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be honest, how many of these games have you actually watched?

Most of them. I probably didn't see much of Florida vs eastern Carolina. It's clear they struggled.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, SEC bias, whatever will we do. If they keep showing the top 11 all year and keep an SEC team in that spot, they might just make the layoffs. :scared:

Id be willing to bet we don't see a top 11 rest of season with another conference in that spot

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, makes no diff to me. Nothing to see here.

They ain't won shit for a couple of years now. It's over.

If ESPN wants to waste twits, blogs tv time and webspace pimping out something that isn't what they "report" it to be...that's on them and what little journalistic integrity they have remaining.

If you hang on ESPN for your CFB entertainment, they must be putting out something you like. ;)