• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN: How the 2016 All American team will look.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard > Jake Butt
Everything else looked good.
In what capacity? Not only has Butt been the more consistent player over the same 3 years but he's also done it on worse teams.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what capacity? Not only has Butt been the more consistent player over the same 3 years but he's also done it on worse teams.
I predict OJ Howard has a better chance of being 1st team all american after the 2016 season. Butt leads in recpetions by 33 and tds by 3, but Howard has more yards in that time so it's not like Butt is overwhelmingly more consistent and I'm not even sure something like your consistency over a 3 year period is a factor in voting for All Americans, but I could be wrong. Like I said earlier, it's my prediction....

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

below:

I was thinking more along the lines that it'll be damn near impossible to cover Howard with a TE and Bama already has a projected all american WR, so they will be a three headed monster if you add in the run game. Alabama will be able to spread the field or play how they normally do. I'm not sure how good bama's qb will be, but Michigan is in that same boat. We'll see, just a prediction.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict OJ Howard has a better chance of being 1st team all american after the 2016 season. Butt leads in recpetions by 33 and tds by 3, but Howard has more yards in that time so it's not like Butt is overwhelmingly more consistent and I'm not even sure something like your consistency over a 3 year period is a factor in voting for All Americans, but I could be wrong. Like I said earlier, it's my prediction....
Howard has 31 more yards...total. The two's stats are incredibly similar and Butt has been on the worse team and Butt has, as you said, 3 more TD's during that time. Howard went through the entire 2014 season without a single one, despite an increase in receptions from the year before.

not sure why you quoted my same post twice and then reposted this same response?

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard has 31 more yards...total. The two's stats are incredibly similar and Butt has been on the worse team and Butt has, as you said, 3 more TD's during that time.(1) Howard went through the entire 2014 season without a single one, despite an increase in receptions from the year before.

(2)not sure why you quoted my same post twice and then reposted this same response?

1. I'm not disagreeing with you about Butt being more consistent, I'm giving you my prediction for who I think will be the 2016 1st team all american tight end. If stuff like your 2014 season factors into being a 2016 all american, then my prediction will obviously be a fail.

2. I didn't, dumbass.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis offseason can just huff my nutz.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I'm not disagreeing with you about Butt being more consistent, I'm giving you my prediction for who I think will be the 2016 1st team all american tight end. If stuff like your 2014 season factors into being a 2016 all american, then my prediction will obviously be a fail.

2. I didn't, dumbass.
You did, in fact, quote the same thing twice. What I didn't notice is that the odd quoted part of your second post was different.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did, in fact, quote the same thing twice. What I didn't notice is that the odd quoted part of your second post was different.

I know I quoted the same thing twice........ Half way through the first post I realized you got so bent out of shape when seeing that I predicted Howard to be the 2016 1st team all american tight end that you didn't read where I explained my opinion, so yes you were a dumbass for making this comment.....

not sure why you quoted my same post twice and then reposted this same response?

In both situations if you would have just read instead of being so fucking defensive, you wouldn't look like an asshat for getting worked up over a prediction in June.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even an OU long snapper on the list?

KDDyhr5.gif

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even an OU long snapper on the list?

View attachment 126366

These lists don't mean shit. The last time Oklahoma won a National Championship we didn't have anybody on the preseason All-American list either. Then guys like Josh Heupel, Rocky Calmus and JT Thatcher proved everyone wrong by becoming consensus All-Americans during the season and earning NC rings.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad thing is at first I thought about trolling, and was gonna throw out there that Jabrill Peppers is too small to play LB in the B1G, but thought that would derail the thread :L.

That would have been funny.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These lists don't mean shit. The last time Oklahoma won a National Championship we didn't have anybody on the preseason All-American list either. Then guys like Josh Heupel, Rocky Calmus and JT Thatcher proved everyone wrong by becoming consensus All-Americans during the season and earning NC rings.

That was damn near 20 years ago-makes me feel old.

I was in college and went to Bedlam that year. Driving from my parents to Stillwater I got pulled over for speeding. Cop asked where I was headed and after I said Stillwater he mentioned he was an ou fan. He asked who we were playing this weekend. I can't remember what I said but all I could think was "you dumbfuck". Got off with a warning at least.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that 2000 team was special. That Torrance Marshall pick 6 late in the 4th at College Station with OU seemingly on the ropes was something else. Saved the season and the title.

Maybe it's happened before but that was one of the craziest stats I can ever remember with OU not sustaining a single injury to one starter and, I believe a backup as well, all season. Amazing.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question on Howard is if Bama wants to use him. He was mostly ignored last year. He is the better NFL prospect.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was an odd one. You want guys on the list. To get on the list you generally have to be on a team the media cares about, ie top 20, and have talent. You can do it without a lot of preseason all-Americans, but the chances are better with them