• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN: How the 2016 All American team will look.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Michigan players on the list

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is once again king -- Alabama's 2015 national title was the league's eighth in 10 seasons -- but it can surely see a challenger coming in its rearview mirror. The Big Ten boasts more of my All-Americans (eight) than any other conference.

OFFENSE
228.png
QB Deshaun Watson, Jr., Clemson

The first FBS player to ever have 4,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards in a single season is back ... and may do it again.
RB Leonard Fournette, Jr., LSU

Despite only 18 starts, Fournette has 2,987 rushing yards, 15 100-yard games and 32 touchdowns.

RB Dalvin Cook, Jr., Florida State

Finished seventh in the Heisman balloting, and is FSU's offensive key heading into 2016.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, Jr., USC
Smith-Schuster lit up secondaries in his first two years, including 1,454 yards in 2015, third most in USC history.

WR Calvin Ridley, So., Alabama
Ridley set a Crimson Tide freshman record with 1,045 receiving yards on 89 catches with seven touchdowns.

TE Jake Butt, Sr., Michigan
The Wolverines' NFL-ready receiver passed up the draft after catching 51 balls in Jim Harbaugh's offense.
C Kyle Fuller, Sr., Baylor
After 26 consecutive starts on a dominant line, Fuller will have four new starters alongside him this season.

T Zach Banner, Sr., USC

The former Trojans basketball player stands 6-foot-9, 360 pounds and will start for his third year at USC.

T Roderick Johnson, Jr., Florida State
Johnson won the ACC's Jacobs Blocking Trophy in Dalvin Cook's school-record 1,691-yard season in 2015.

G Pat Elflein, Sr., Ohio State

The Buckeyes' versatile standout has played both guard positions in Columbus, and returns as one of the Buckeyes' top team leaders.

G Dan Feeney, Sr., Indiana
Feeney is so dominant he didn't give up a sack on 475 pass plays in 2015 and has allowed only one in 37 starts.

DEFENSE
245.pngDE Myles Garrett, Jr., Texas A&M
Warning to QBs: Garrett said his 12.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss in 2015 added up to a "sophomore slump."

DE Jonathan Allen, Sr., Alabama

The Tide's senior star opted to return to Tuscaloosa, where he ought to again be one of the SEC's most dominant backfield disruptors.

DT Malik McDowell, Jr., Michigan State
McDowell (6-6, 275) has the size and strength to play in the middle of the line and the speed to play on the edge.

LB Jabrill Peppers, Jr., Michigan
Peppers started 12 games at DB, played a little offense, returned punts and kickoffs in 2015 and now moves to LB.

LB Ben Boulware, Sr., Clemson

The Tigers' top returning tackler (135 stops in 2015) should be even better in 2016.

LB Raekwon McMillan, Jr., Ohio State
McMillan led OSU with 119 tackles in 2015. This season he'll be the unquestioned leader of the defense.

LB Reuben Foster, Sr., Alabama
The Alabama player with the Auburn tattoo was second in tackles for the Tide last season with 73.

CB Desmond King, Sr., Iowa

Easy pick: King had eight picks as a junior en route to unanimous All-American honors.

CB Jourdan Lewis, Sr., Michigan

First-team All-Big Ten pick in 2015 as a junior, should make a big jump as a senior.

S Derwin James, So., Florida State

James won't be 20 until August, but he has already lived up to massive recruiting hype after a dominant freshman season (91 tackles, 4.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries).

S Jamal Adams, Jr., LSU
At 6-1, 211, and with 60 tackles and four INTs in 2015, Adams is bigger and maybe better than Tyrann Mathieu.

SPECIAL TEAMS
K Andy Phillips, Sr., Utah
The former U.S. ski team Alpine racer has made 84 percent of his field goals, including a perfect 4-for-4 on kicks of 50 yards or longer.

P Hayden Hunt, Sr., Colorado State

A Ray Guy finalist in 2015, Hunt may break through the Tom Hackett award blockade as a senior.

KR Adoree' Jackson, Jr., USC
The Trojans' do-it-all star was excused from spring practice to focus on trying to qualify for the 2016 Olympics as a long jumper.

AP Christian McCaffrey, Jr., Stanford

What else can you say about arguably the most versatile player in the country? A lot, actually. McCaffrey put up those monstrous numbers (3,864 total yards) in 2015 despite a paltry 114 rushing yards in his first two games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks about right. Interesting that the B1G would have the most of any conference, though homeboy needs to dial it back on the Jabrill Peppers hype.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks about right. Interesting that the B1G would have the most of any conference, though homeboy needs to dial it back on the Jabrill Peppers hype.
I agree to a certain extent. He's a dynamic player with tons of ability, but he isn't the best at any one single position yet. But his ability to do all sorts of things depending on the situation does help out a lot.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard > Jake Butt
Everything else looked good.
Man. I had kinda forgot about him all year till he got unleashed in the Title game. You would have to think he'd be utilized way more this year in the passing game.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. I had kinda forgot about him all year till he got unleashed in the Title game. You would have to think he'd be utilized way more this year in the passing game.
I think Saban made some comments about how he was under utilized and that played a roll in him coming back. He's a beast. If they don't use him more they are fools.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a certain extent. He's a dynamic player with tons of ability, but he isn't the best at any one single position yet. But his ability to do all sorts of things depending on the situation does help out a lot.
Yeah I would agree about most of that, but dynamic athlete doesn't = All-American at a new position.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard > Jake Butt
Butt is the better pick for AA at this point. The NC was really the only big game Howard had, which spiked his statistics dramatically. Butt is an all-around better player when you factor in the other aspects of the TE game. I hate saying it as an OSU fan, but at least the kid is from Columbus.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butt is the better pick for AA at this point. The NC was really the only big game Howard had, which spiked his statistics dramatically. Butt is an all-around better player when you factor in the other aspects of the TE game. I hate saying it as an OSU fan, but at least the kid is from Columbus.
I read the "will look" as a prediction to who will be the 1st team all american's after the 2016 season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard > Jake Butt

I honestly agree with this. I think OJ Howard is a better TE than Butt is, but Butt will probably be more productive because of the system he's in. Terms of pure talent, Howard is better.

Reactions: 006

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly agree with this. I think OJ Howard is a better TE than Butt is, but Butt will probably be more productive because of the system he's in. Terms of pure talent, Howard is better.
I was thinking more along the lines that it'll be damn near impossible to cover Howard with a TE and Bama already has a projected all american WR, so they will be a three headed monster if you add in the run game. Alabama will be able to spread the field or play how they normally do. I'm not sure how good bama's qb will be, but Michigan is in that same boat. We'll see, just a prediction.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Eflein still be an All American at guard when he is being moved to center?