• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN bumps Lakers-Rockets for Suns-Timberwolves

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lose money? No matter how irrelevant the Cowboys are they still garner money. Maybe that's why the NBA is 3rd in popularity.

16 game season compared to 82.....big difference.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 game season compared to 82.....big difference.

No, not really. It's the Yankees, Cowboys and Lakers. Any particular order but they all make money worldwide, dude. Lebron has been better than Kobe for a few years now but Kobe still got more votes than him last year. There is a reason for that. It's not only Kobe but the history of the Lakers. There is history with this team. Jerry West, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Mikan, Baylor, Kobe, Shaq and a myriad of other HOF'rs.

Not all people in this world front run and forget about relevance. A new champagne might be good and relevant at the moment but it will never compare to a nice bottle of Dom Perignon. It's not aged and proven to be great over time.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers Blazers is must see tv as of today.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a money making standpoint it makes not so much sense, from a basketball standpoint it makes me think the NBA is going to drown out some of that he said she said BS and actually focus on basketball.

Dude, we are talking about ESPN here, they love drama and story lines. That's what get people to watch.

Superdonk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not understand the LA-HOU game, the Cavs Wiz game I can not believe was to be shown to begin with.

This is how I feel too.

The Portland Indy game earlier this year was fantastic. So I can understand bumping two crap eastern teams for that. But I'm surprised they ditched the Houston Lakers game, pleasantly surprised though.

It would be nice to see the Lakers be irrelevant for a few seasons, they deserve it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I feel too.

The Portland Indy game earlier this year was fantastic. So I can understand bumping two crap eastern teams for that. But I'm surprised they ditched the Houston Lakers game, pleasantly surprised though.

It would be nice to see the Lakers be irrelevant for a few seasons, they deserve it.

Why?

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider, I'd rather watch Suns-Wolves instead of Lakers-Rockets....because they're two of the most exciting teams that rarely play on national tv. I've seen enough of the Lakers and Rockets this year already. But dumb for espn, b/c they'll get lower ratings for sure.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lakers-banners.jpg

Superdonk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable.

Nice win over the Clippers last night. Who would have thought Portland would have the record they do.

Not me. I thought Portland would be a low seeded playoff team. They were in the playoff running for 3/4ths of last season and improved their roster over the summer.

But I would have never guessed LaMarcus would go into MVP mode. I don't know how it happened but something clicked with Aldridge over the summer and he came ready to play this season. Lopez was a huge pickup and guys like Mathews have been playing their roles to almost perfection.

At this time the only team I would not give Portland a shot against in a seven game series in the west would be OKC, but that might change if Portland can pull off the upset on Tuesday.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see LaMarcus getting it done. Always been a fan of his game. About time more of the country is aware of him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because recent success wipes out historical success?

NBA Championships: Summary of Winners

There, now maybe you will grasp reality. Newer teams don't really garner the historic appreciation.

What does this have to do with their record this season? ESPN ALWAYS does this every year. They don't care about how great your franchise is. If you're having a down season and they can replace your game on ESPN with a matchup of 2 good/upcoming teams they will do that.

Lakers fans love bringing up their past like it is ever relevant to the current nba season

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this have to do with their record this season? ESPN ALWAYS does this every year. They don't care about how great your franchise is. If you're having a down season and they can replace your game on ESPN with a matchup of 2 good/upcoming teams they will do that.

Lakers fans love bringing up their past like it is ever relevant to the current nba season

They didn't get bumped because of their record, they got bumped because of no Kobe.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's hurt and people in Houston would rather wait in line for cheeseburgers and ice cream. To sum it up. I wouldn't watch those shitty announcers on ESPN anyway, it's gotten to the point where people think Van Gundy is a good announcer? What has the world come to lol.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, you think the Lakers history has nothing to do with it? You dont think the history why the lakers have a huge fanbase? You dont think that huge fanbase is the reason why networks love the Lakers, cowboys, and the Yankees? History has a lot to do with it.