• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Bloodbath

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that help with the content itself... if it wasn't complete shit, if it was just sports, if it was in depth, if it wasn't just nonsense opinions, if i could see the hockey highlights from the night before, or any basketball beyond 4-5 teams.
I wasn’t talking about the commentary of the modern sports center. I was talking about the various highlight packages you can grab from Tweets and YouTube. A lot of them are commentary free or you can turn down the volume.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said that. I was comparing the traditional sports center presentation to what is available on social media.

I’m doing my best to avoid you as a favor to Harold who asked me to be the bigger man and to avoid interacting with the oldest dumbest most miserable son of a bitch that posts here.
@PDay8810 is a good poster. I could drink a beer with him.
I'm one of the few that thinks you are a good poster. Your problem is you think your laast word is the most important!
You need to learn to "read the room" Then we could have a beer.....

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screamin A embodies the modern sports media. He is a hot take artist. More people tune in because they hate the guy than people tune in because they appreciate others. Smith is one of their more valuable commodities.
He could be telling the winning lottery numbers. I would flip his voice off before he got out the second number. I can't stand that voice. Reminds me of old WWF interviews.

Not macho man... he was cool
Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I bailed on ESPN during year 3 of the Barry Bonds steroid saga. Couldn't tell you who their on air personalities are at this point. I'm a sports fan in the ideal demographic and they assumed I'd stay loyal regardless of what shit they presented. People ditching cable is obviously the main driver of this but they've been shooting themselves in the foot for 15 years now.
I used to listen to their morning show while getting dressed. Haven't done that in so many years. I tried switching to the FOX morning show. But it failed as well.

Now I click a few buttons on phone and see about my team in seconds or catch a highlight. Only rumors about my team I see are from here. Filters so much garbage out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so not true. Disney is posting record profits and revenue. And their theme parks are still the major driver of their revenue and profits. It is actually their digital and media arm that are losing money right now. And this move reflects that.

With so many people switching to streaming, fewer and fewer eyes are seeing ESPN. Thus they are generating less revenue in this one area. And they are just cutting their costs to reflect the current environment. Nothing more, nothing less.
Today's news:

"The Walt Disney Company, plagued by trouble in its streaming business, TV networks, and studios, now faces problems at its mighty theme parks. According to The Wall Street Journal, "Data from a travel company that tracks line-waiting time at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., shows that the Independence Day weekend was one of the slowest in nearly a decade." The deep problems CEO Bob Iger faces grow more troubling by the month.
Disney’s stock has been down 50% in the last two years while the market is flat. Iger replaced Bob Chapek in November 2022, but the two-year-old slide covers the period during which Iger restructured Disney."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so not true. Disney is posting record profits and revenue. And their theme parks are still the major driver of their revenue and profits. It is actually their digital and media arm that are losing money right now. And this move reflects that.

With so many people switching to streaming, fewer and fewer eyes are seeing ESPN. Thus they are generating less revenue in this one area. And they are just cutting their costs to reflect the current environment. Nothing more, nothing less.
More news for you!

"Disney CEO opens door for unloading TV assets as business is struggling"

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More news for you!

"Disney CEO opens door for unloading TV assets as business is struggling"

Yeah I am not surprised that they are trying to move parts from their media side. Places like ESPN and channel 5 are getting slaughtered in the new environment.

But again. This is just like the NFL and people pointing out a natural slowdown and thinking it reflects some political reality that they are trying to create. It doesn't. Disney Parks are still incredibly strong. A slowdown in people visiting Florida in the middle of summer during a huge inflationary period?!? Cant be tied to anything in that sentence.....has to be political. :crazy:

Check back in a year or two on this and Disney Parks will show massive revenue and profits. Again just like people talking out of their ass on the NFL's demise in ratings during the kneel down era and trying to make political hay that didnt exist. But hey....if you want to continue to think Disney is in trouble because it panders to a political belief knock yourself out. Just be prepared to be disappointed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am not surprised that they are trying to move parts from their media side. Places like ESPN and channel 5 are getting slaughtered in the new environment.

But again. This is just like the NFL and people pointing out a natural slowdown and thinking it reflects some political reality that they are trying to create. It doesn't. Disney Parks are still incredibly strong. A slowdown in people visiting Florida in the middle of summer during a huge inflationary period?!? Cant be tied to anything in that sentence.....has to be political. :crazy:

Check back in a year or two on this and Disney Parks will show massive revenue and profits. Again just like people talking out of their ass on the NFL's demise in ratings during the kneel down era and trying to make political hay that didnt exist. But hey....if you want to continue to think Disney is in trouble because it panders to a political belief knock yourself out. Just be prepared to be disappointed.
What the fuck is with all your bloviating?
I said Disney is having some financial distress and you are talking politics, NFL kneeling, and dissing on conservatives.
Pull your inflated head out of your ass before it does more damage!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're living in a time when millions of people would rather listen to a Joe Rogan podcast or watch a Youtube channel about your favorite hobby than buy tickets to a "event" movie in theaters.

The problem for all these networks/studios with overinflated stock value is hosting streaming content has been hit and miss in terms of profitability.