• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Bloodbath

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.gottagoorlando.com/post...fits-budgets-are-cut-and-projects-pushed-back

Disney Revenue 2010-2023 | DIS

Projection is not reality. Record revenue. Record profit. And it mostly being driven from park experience rather than the media arm of Disney.

Just because some right wingers are afraid of gay people doesnt make what you are saying true. Amazing how absolutely divorced from reality right wingers can become when it comes to telling simple truths if those truths even in the smallest ways conflict with political ideology.

This reminds me of all the talk on here about all the trouble the NFL was in over kneeling players and how it "was going to destroy the league and revenue". If there are two businesses that are going to be just fine and will continue to be just fine, it is the NFL and Disney.
1688592386994.png

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I bailed on ESPN during year 3 of the Barry Bonds steroid saga. Couldn't tell you who their on air personalities are at this point. I'm a sports fan in the ideal demographic and they assumed I'd stay loyal regardless of what shit they presented. People ditching cable is obviously the main driver of this but they've been shooting themselves in the foot for 15 years now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so not true. Disney is posting record profits and revenue. And their theme parks are still the major driver of their revenue and profits. It is actually their digital and media arm that are losing money right now. And this move reflects that.

With so many people switching to streaming, fewer and fewer eyes are seeing ESPN. Thus they are generating less revenue in this one area. And they are just cutting their costs to reflect the current environment. Nothing more, nothing less.
No one watches espn after graduating college. Because they grow out of that lame shit. It's the product that sucks. I'd gladly buy a whole cable package and start my day with sportscenter every morning if it wasn't complete shit.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.gottagoorlando.com/post...fits-budgets-are-cut-and-projects-pushed-back

Disney Revenue 2010-2023 | DIS

Projection is not reality. Record revenue. Record profit. And it mostly being driven from park experience rather than the media arm of Disney.

Just because some right wingers are afraid of gay people doesnt make what you are saying true. Amazing how absolutely divorced from reality right wingers can become when it comes to telling simple truths if those truths even in the smallest ways conflict with political ideology.

This reminds me of all the talk on here about all the trouble the NFL was in over kneeling players and how it "was going to destroy the league and revenue". If there are two businesses that are going to be just fine and will continue to be just fine, it is the NFL and Disney.
They can be racist cunts on air if they want to be. That's what you get with monopolies. But their little star kneeler bitch is extinct.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salaries are ridiculous for the production.

My wife was bitchin' the other day about everything on Prime Video asking you to pay to join. Advertisers look at viewership and people watching their phones don't count. Or on their iPad or their computer. With all of the streaming, within the next ten years, every single game will be PPV. The cost of adding Apple TV, Starz, ShoTime etc. have all gone up because of streaming. Now those programs and movies can't be streamed because the networks are not giving them away free.

Cheapest solution? Buy YouTue TV and dump your cable. It has a base price of $72.99 and has all of your local big networks as part of the package. Now make a decision about what you want to watch. $13.99 a month for the sports pack, HBO Max (MAX)at $10.99 and you get the complete HBO pack. Apple TV at $6.99. If you pay for Amazon Prime ($139 annually), you get it free. Add a couple more and your TV will cost you about $115 a month average. If you want Sunday Ticket add another $259. Netflix and every other pay channel is now checking how many TVs are connected to any paid subscription and they're charging the subscriber for any TV not on their agreement. So if you gave your cousin or son-in-law your password and he/she lives three states away, watch out.

If you watch TV 16 hours a day or every minute you're not on the Hoop, You're going to have to pay more to let the guys that don't pay, keep watching on your nickel.

I am pro-chord and will never change to streaming. Mostly because most everything we want to watch is recorded so we can skip through the commercials. Maybe we have an old box but the apps are incresidly slow to respond when compared to the cable channels.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one watches espn after graduating college. Because they grow out of that lame shit. It's the product that sucks. I'd gladly buy a whole cable package and start my day with sportscenter every morning if it wasn't complete shit.
Sports Center has become obsolete with social media. You can find a single tweet with a 3-4 minute video of the highlights of any game almost immediately after the game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is a debate.

These young super football fans watch 5 to 10 clips of key plays and catch stephen A's or cowturds hot takes AND NOW they know the insights of football.

Add in the faceless and nameless part...LOL.

Best part for me?
They can't return the hate volleys and complain to the mods.

Ron Washington just laughs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Center has become obsolete with social media. You can find a single tweet with a 3-4 minute video of the highlights of any game almost immediately after the game.
Like I said I would buy a whole cable package to put that on my tv regularly... if it wasn't complete shit, if it was just sports, if it was in depth, if it wasn't just nonsense opinions, if i could see the hockey highlights from the night before, or any basketball beyond 4-5 teams. Phone screens are under 8 inches. TVs are over 50 inches.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is a debate.

These young super football fans watch 5 to 10 clips of key plays and catch stephen A's or cowturds hot takes AND NOW they know the insights of football.
Nobody said that. I was comparing the traditional sports center presentation to what is available on social media.
Add in the faceless and nameless part...LOL.

Best part for me?
They can't return the hate volleys and complain to the mods.
I’m doing my best to avoid you as a favor to Harold who asked me to be the bigger man and to avoid interacting with the oldest dumbest most miserable son of a bitch that posts here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I would buy a whole cable package to put that on my tv regularly... if it wasn't complete shit, if it was just sports, if it was in depth, if it wasn't just nonsense opinions, if i could see the hockey highlights from the night before, or any basketball beyond 4-5 teams. Phone screens are under 8 inches. TVs are over 50 inches.
I can watch YouTube and access Twitter content from my Smart TV.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger man is clearly you.

Last person to get my attention like you was a mod about 8 years ago. Thankfully this place has you.

Now sit your fake ass down
IMG_3012.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can watch YouTube and access Twitter content from my Smart TV.
How does that help with the content itself... if it wasn't complete shit, if it was just sports, if it was in depth, if it wasn't just nonsense opinions, if i could see the hockey highlights from the night before, or any basketball beyond 4-5 teams.