• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Lee in, Cassius Marsh Out

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No time to get the playbook down.
I see him rushing the last-place offense's passer.....
AS long as he can keep containment I'd be happy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need a defensive playbook. DE is pretty standard........don't let anyone in the other uniform run around you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need a defensive playbook. DE is pretty standard........don't let anyone in the other uniform run around you.

Especially from Miami Dolphins last place offense!
See Cutler? Hit Cutler!!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get up at 5:00 AM every day.........I make the coffee, feed the dog and sit down to watch programs that I DVR'd the night before. Nothing ever gets DVR'd on Saturday night, so I watch DVR'd Patriots games.
This morning I watched the Chargers game. Here's what I saw.

Cassius Marsh played pretty much the whole game. He had one tackle and that was a hit on Gordon 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage. The only time his name was mentioned the whole game. He might have been credited with one tackle assist. I watched him pretty close and he just didn't ever seem to be in position to make a play. Very often he was out in space, hopping up and down doing nothing. I can honestly see why B was frustrated with this guy. Never in a on a play directly, horrible pursuit. Hope he has a better career with the Jets.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get up at 5:00 AM every day.........I make the coffee, feed the dog and sit down to watch programs that I DVR'd the night before. Nothing ever gets DVR'd on Saturday night, so I watch DVR'd Patriots games.
This morning I watched the Chargers game. Here's what I saw.

Cassius Marsh played pretty much the whole game. He had one tackle and that was a hit on Gordon 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage. The only time his name was mentioned the whole game. He might have been credited with one tackle assist. I watched him pretty close and he just didn't ever seem to be in position to make a play. Very often he was out in space, hopping up and down doing nothing. I can honestly see why B was frustrated with this guy. Never in a on a play directly, horrible pursuit. Hope he has a better career with the Jets.

Had not heard that he signed with the Jets.
thanks BK.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But Lee played, and he made a huge difference. He notched a sack, four tackles and was on the field for 41 percent of New England's defensive snaps. He provided a spark for a defensive line that sorely needed one, especially after Trey Flowers went down with a rib injury. It was a crazy week for Lee, but all of the preparation he put in seemed to have paid off."

Eric Lee makes an impact in first game with New England Patriots

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Lee's contract with Patriots extends through 2018 season

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- When assessing the contributions of recently signed defensive end Eric Lee (25 snaps, four tackles, one sack) in Sunday's win, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was complimentary in saying, "I think given the circumstances that he played in, he did a really good job for us. We'll see if he can build on that this week and see where that takes us. I'm not sure, but it was good to have him."

Using Belichick's remarks as a springboard, it is timely to highlight the contract Lee signed with the Patriots last Tuesday when he was plucked off the Buffalo Bills' practice squad.

Signing bonus: $0

Base salary: $465,000
Split salary (in event of injury): $348,000
Salary-cap charge (prorated): $164,118

Base salary: $555,000
Split salary (in event of injury): $378,000
Workout bonus: $15,000
Salary-cap charge: $570,000

This is a modest deal reflective of a player who was on a practice squad and now gets a significant financial increase -- but more important than that, gets a chance to play. Because he is considered a first-year player in NFL accrued seasons, Lee would have been an exclusive-rights free agent after this season, and the Patriots would have controlled his rights with the ability to tender him. By adding a second year to the contract now, and including a $15,000 workout bonus, it's a good-faith gesture of sorts from the Patriots and shows that the team has some long-range vision in mind with Lee.

Said Belichick of Lee's performance Sunday: "First of all, I think Eric worked hard this week to try and catch up in a lot of areas. Defensively, there were a number of things -- first down, second down, third down -- it's not all the same. He made a play at the end of the game. He really had a lot to do with the sack that Trey Flowers got down in the red area where Flowers was actually unblocked, but Lee powered [Sam] Young on the other side and kind of collapsed the pocket. He was in on a couple of running plays. ... I thought he gave us some contributions that we needed."