• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric crouch

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Crouch and Frost are better at it, I just don't agree that Martinez shies away from it if he needs to get that extra yard. The real problem is that when he fights for that extra yard he often fumbles, i.e. Penn State at the one yard line.

He fumbles bc he wasn't built for it and you see it in how he protects the ball....

Some of the strips were simple contact no major truck stick or big boom

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I understand your point

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fumbles bc he wasn't built for it and you see it in how he protects the ball....

Some of the strips were simple contact no major truck stick or big boom

Yep, I don't think i've ever seen a kid that fast and that inflexible at the same time.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would prefer Frost over Crouch with the offense we run now. Crouch IMO would have played WR in our current offense. He would have have been the perfect slot reciever in Beck's offense. Crouch was a good football player at Nebraska but he wasn't the best QB on the team. Remember Bobby Newcombe beat Eric out twice untill he threw a fit and quit the team. Solich brought him back still to this day it pisses me off and we all know what he was in the NFL. Newcombe was night and day a better passer than Crouch.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing I will say is that I think T-mart is more like a sprinter and Frost like a dozer. I also think that in one of the lifts It might have been the clean and jerk or something like that that was a big part of Husker FB back then that Frost set a record of 450 lbs. You were not going to stop him very easy throwing or running. And I think that the earlier Husker QB's were used to basically running like RB;s and almost competing with them on rushing yards. I think T-Mart is quicker but not even close to as strong as a runner as Crouch or Frost. And I do think that they both would be as good or better at running the new O cause they didn't have so much to learn just to be a QB. I think they would do a better job over all in leading the team. T-Mart showed what I think he did in HS was if the play is not going right, right away he would duck and run. And its been a two year on the job training that finally brought about last year. And Yes I do think guys that were brought up as mostly QB's would have been more productive and done better with the same OC's. To his credit T-Mart did not quit and did things to get better. So now I am finally happy with what he is doing as a QB he has def. come a long way. And I wish him the best.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would prefer Frost over Crouch with the offense we run now. Crouch IMO would have played WR in our current offense. He would have have been the perfect slot reciever in Beck's offense. Crouch was a good football player at Nebraska but he wasn't the best QB on the team. Remember Bobby Newcombe beat Eric out twice untill he threw a fit and quit the team. Solich brought him back still to this day it pisses me off and we all know what he was in the NFL. Newcombe was night and day a better passer than Crouch.

you have to be kidding me. Newcombe got beat out by Crouch because he was not as good at moving the ball down the field. Look at the game both played... offense moved when Crouch was under center and didn't when Newcombe was under center.

Crouch was just as good a QB as Martinez, maybe he would be like a Jamal Turner too, but Newcombe was not the better QB.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree that. T-Mart does fumble too much and at the worst of times. I think again that goes back to how he has been used in HS just to get to the next level and I think many have said he has small hands. If that is so it does not help, Roslesberger has that problem and it proves that small hands at QB are hard to cover up and that you can make the highest level even with small hands. Plus I have to wonder how much diff. there is in the protection of the ball from a mostly running team going to a more passing or balanced team.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to be kidding me. Newcombe got beat out by Crouch because he was not as good at moving the ball down the field. Look at the game both played... offense moved when Crouch was under center and didn't when Newcombe was under center.

Crouch was just as good a QB as Martinez, maybe he would be like a Jamal Turner too, but Newcombe was not the better QB.

Then why did the coaches choose Newcombe over Crouch in Crouch's RSF year and as a sophmore. Many forget Newcombe was the starter untill Crouch quite the team and Solich went to Omaha and had a talk with Mom. Say what you will but Solich and Gill picked Newcombe. Go back and watch the tape on Newcombe he had just as much talent and Crouch and he could spin the ball. Crouch IMO was a horrible passer.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is not a knock Eric. In the NCG a friend of mine on the Canes told me after a run he got chased down on. He jumped up and said,"Shit you guys are fast"