• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of season avatar bets - Time to pay up

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone had a bet with him outside of Heatles and Shaqdaddy. But it's Cane and he has nothing better to do with his life/time than scour tHoop looking for any hint of someone slighting his team.

The poor guy is wrong so often, gotta let him have his brief moment of sunshine.

Too be fair. I had three things going in my favor:

1) It's the Pacers
2) The Pacers have McMillan
3) The Heat were predicted to win more (injuries fucked us)

It's okay though. Pacers are looking at Cleveland in the first round. We all know how that'll work out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have a bright future of being a 4/5 seed for the next 3-5 years. Congrats.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do have to say- one of the nice things about trading for Oladipo is he has 3 more years left on his deal...

Ah, that he does. At $21 mil per year. Not exactly a bargain. But, not a horrible contract either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's TT doing this year?
pretty shitty actually--- i think his husband chopped his balls off to be honest.

but thats a long way from crying in the media and publicly wondering if he wants to stay where he is on a deal that is both longer and more expensive.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say- this is the one i got the most kick out of---- especially considering even when Whiteside isnt hurt he hasnt gotten off the bench much.

tlance said:
Question,

Since the Heat win without Whiteside and are the vastly superior team to begin with, how long until we can call this bet? I am thinking the Heat will have an insurmountable lead by the end of January. They are 10-15 games better than the Pacers.
......annnnnnnnd your back....lol

You didn't even last a week!!!!!

:lol:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's TT doing this year?
latest

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have a bright future of being a 4/5 seed for the next 3-5 years. Congrats.
probably...all though ya never know.....thad young gets paid 12M next year on a player option and will prob pick that up---- but if they could get rid of him somehow and open up some serious cap room or use his expiring deal to bring in one more guy to add to Oladipo and Turner it could be a pretty interesting young nucleus.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty shitty actually--- i think his husband chopped his balls off to be honest.

but thats a long way from crying in the media and publicly wondering if he wants to stay where he is on a deal that is both longer and more expensive.

TT and Whiteside's contract both end the same year. Team's will take on Whiteside's contract, can't say the same for TT.

Speaking of meltdowns, can you give me any inside info on the over/under on the next one you have that leads to a long exodus again?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't even recall the context of what I wrote. Probably about the overall PG trade value?

If so, Pacers definitely came out ahead. Congrats to you.

But the amount of research you put into a "I told you so" thread is hilarious.

I was a bit more supportive of the Pacers making the PG trade because I thought that there was logic in taking a couple of young players who could still develop into something than a couple of capable role players but no way did I think that Oladipo was going to turn into an All-NBA type player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT and Whiteside's contract both end the same year. Team's will take on Whiteside's contract, can't say the same for TT.

Speaking of meltdowns, can you give me any inside info on the over/under on the next one you have that leads to a long exodus again?
i dunno about that...if the Heat could just cut whitesode i kind of think they would--- I mean- Bam and Onlyk actually fit what the NBA does now adays. Its hard to play a guy like Whiteside in todays league....well...nevermind you guys all know it- ive said it- and weve watched it all year.....not getting dragged into this again. lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit more supportive of the Pacers making the PG trade because I thought that there was logic in taking a couple of young players who could still develop into something than a couple of capable role players but no way did I think that Oladipo was going to turn into an All-NBA type player.

I liked the value of Crowder and Bradley as potential guys to flip during the deadline. Acquire more picks to rebuild that way. Thought Oladipo, because of his contract hamper some free agent flexibility, but Oladipo has played his way into an all-star.

My thoughts on the trade were merely from a rebuild standpoint. I thought the best way would have been to acquire as many assets as possible and keep financial flexibility. Wasn't on talent.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably...all though ya never know.....thad young gets paid 12M next year on a player option and will prob pick that up---- but if they could get rid of him somehow and open up some serious cap room or use his expiring deal to bring in one more guy to add to Oladipo and Turner it could be a pretty interesting young nucleus.

They are stuck in Pretty Good Purgatory, otherwise known as Nuggetsville.

They aren't good enough to lure in an elite talent and they aren't going to likely hit on any draft picks because of where they are drafting. So their GM will continue to do what he can to make them competitive but he just won't be able to bring in the horses to really compete against the elite teams.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do have to say- one of the nice things about trading for Oladipo is he has 3 more years left on his deal...
Yeah, I remember us talking about him during the draft.

This is what we hoped he would be.

But, Orlando tried to turn him into a pass first pg and that experiment failed spectacularly.

Then, they doubled down on the stupid and paired him with a guy that shoots even worse...lol

Funny that they kept Payton. But, that crashed and burned as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the value of Crowder and Bradley as potential guys to flip during the deadline. Acquire more picks to rebuild that way. Thought Oladipo, because of his contract hamper some free agent flexibility, but Oladipo has played his way into an all-star.

My thoughts on the trade were merely from a rebuild standpoint. I thought the best way would have been to acquire as many assets as possible and keep financial flexibility. Wasn't on talent.

Which is logical. But that presumes that the Pacers want to rebuild and go through the process of doing that. Clearly that wasn't their intention.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno about that...if the Heat could just cut whitesode i kind of think they would--- I mean- Bam and Onlyk actually fit what the NBA does now adays. Its hard to play a guy like Whiteside in todays league....well...nevermind you guys all know it- ive said it- and weve watched it all year.....not getting dragged into this again. lol.

Won't disagree with you. It's clear as day that Whiteside's not in the Heat's long term plans as evident by his lack of minutes lately. Olynk was a decent signing, but he's been the Heat's third best player. After digging into Bam when the Heat drafted, I came around quickly to the pick.

But yeah, I'd be shocked if Whiteside is back on the Heat's roster next year.