• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ellsbury out with strained nostril ..

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or whatever it is , oh yeah a calf. Anyway, just as we all assume Ellsbury is out already. Yeah yeah save the slight strain,yankees being cautious bullshit. THIS is Ellsbury and this is what the yanks can expect a lot of

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or whatever it is , oh yeah a calf. Anyway, just as we all assume Ellsbury is out already. Yeah yeah save the slight strain,yankees being cautious bullshit. THIS is Ellsbury and this is what the yanks can expect a lot of

Yeah and what the hell does he care he has been paid a guaranteed ML contract. I would be surprised if he averaged 100 games per season for the length of that contract.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geeesh, man.. it's SPRING... would you prefer Ellsbury play through a calf strain in spring, only to have it turn into a torn hamstring, or Achilles?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His speed is what makes him a distinct player. He needs to have that, so rest is the key

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got a better player than you reallize.....

Funny how Sox fans are pumping up Ellsbury and NY fans are tearing him down. He'll never hit 30 HR again, and won't steal 50, but he'll be a perennial All-Star with 4-5 WAR each season.

The Yankee fans will be very pleased with his production.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of his power is by pulling. Its a small stadium notably in right. Separating discussions on how much he is getting paid he is a solid player. Must pitch him outside though and offspeed. Inside fastballs is a no no

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Sox fans are pumping up Ellsbury and NY fans are tearing him down. He'll never hit 30 HR again, and won't steal 50, but he'll be a perennial All-Star with 4-5 WAR each season.

The Yankee fans will be very pleased with his production.

I don't know about that. Especially after his 52 steal season last year (and he was caught only 4 times (!!)).

I'm glad the Sox didn't give Ellsbury such a contract, and I'm still pretty high on Bradley, but I can't see him replacing Ellsbury's production.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason that the Sox fans defend Jacoby is that we developed him, he was a key contributor , is exciting, etc. He is certainly not the first sox farm system player to be acquired by the Yankees....thats been a pattern before. But, his payday was so large that it made all the sense for Jacoby to take it...we all would take that deal. Good for him. Hard guy to see in pinstripes for sure

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Especially after his 52 steal season last year (and he was caught only 4 times (!!)).

I'm glad the Sox didn't give Ellsbury such a contract, and I'm still pretty high on Bradley, but I can't see him replacing Ellsbury's production.

He could come close to 50, but I don't see the Yanks letting him loose.

The Sox are not looking for Bradley to replace Ellsbury's production.... They will be relying on Boegarts and Middlebrooks to pick up the difference...

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to make a poll: Who will miss more games for the Yankees, Jacoby Ellsbury or Brian Roberts.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got a better player than you reallize.....

Most certainly:10:

Cmon don't be bitter about the ALCS, if you think Ellsbury isn't a stud then I don't know if you just haven't watched baseball the last 7 years or what.

All that being said who knows if the yankees get 4 full seasons out of the 7 year contract, he is slightly frail and the older he gets, it's certainly possible that his legs break down. That would be baaaaad news for the Empire

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone already pointed out in another threat, Jacoby Pavano :|

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and what the hell does he care he has been paid a guaranteed ML contract. I would be surprised if he averaged 100 games per season for the length of that contract.

me too , I just like breaking the guy's balls becuz he's made of glass. I'm a Yankee fan but no fan of this guy. Just having a little fun at his expense is all.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geeesh, man.. it's SPRING... would you prefer Ellsbury play through a calf strain in spring, only to have it turn into a torn hamstring, or Achilles?

LOL no I really do understand why they're sitting him. But we all know if anyone was gonna have a little pussy ache or pain it would be Jacoby Pavano. As previously stated I'm just having some fun becuz I view this guy as such a candy ass - a modern day player is all.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree with you about Bradley. I simply don't see him as "that" kind of player. If I had to bet I would say he's got a better chance of being a career 4th outfielder than anything else

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone already pointed out in another threat, Jacoby Pavano :|

that someone would be me. I'm just trying to beat the NY sportswriters to it becuz that's exactly where they're going the second this guy hits the DL. Those guys are fuckin brutal and will go after Ellsbury like we probably haven't seen before - it's what they do best