• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ellsbury out with strained nostril ..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too , I just like breaking the guy's balls becuz he's made of glass. I'm a Yankee fan but no fan of this guy. Just having a little fun at his expense is all.

I suppose ignorance is bliss...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that someone would be me.I'm just trying to beat the NY sportswriters to it becuz that's exactly where they're going the second this guy hits the DL. Those guys are fuckin brutal and will go after Ellsbury like we probably haven't seen before - it's what they do best

And the Boston media isn't any brutal? You been living under a rock or something?

You're acting like he played in San Diego or Florida where nobody cared nor paid attention to him before coming to NY.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose avg. 94 games a yr for the last 4 yrs is fact but don't let that get in the way of your nonsense

Care to tell me about the nature of those injuries, cupcake? Or do you not watch non-Yankees games?

and yeah, that Boston media sure is soft. LOL holy christ.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose avg. 94 games a yr for the last 4 yrs is fact but don't let that get in the way of your nonsense

His two major injuries were both things that can happen to anyone....a collision with a teammate where he ended up being kneed/kicked in the ribs and fracturing them, and Reid Brignac falling on him and dislocating his process.

It's not like he's pulling hamstrings left and right or straining his back or something of that nature..these are freak accidents if anything. If you honestly think that most (if not all) players wouldn't be injured in those two plays, you're an idiot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Kk0bgXp-o"]2010/04/11 Ellsbury and Beltre collide - YouTube[/ame]

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His two major injuries were both things that can happen to anyone....a collision with a teammate where he ended up being kneed/kicked in the ribs and fracturing them, and Reid Brignac falling on him and dislocating his process.

It's not like he's pulling hamstrings left and right or straining his back or something of that nature..these are freak accidents if anything. If you honestly think that most (if not all) players wouldn't be injured in those two plays, you're an idiot.

Meant to include "shoulder in the" process. Damn no-edit function.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Boston media isn't any brutal? You been living under a rock or something?

You're acting like he played in San Diego or Florida where nobody cared nor paid attention to him before coming to NY.

Boston media can be brutal but it ain't the NY media and never has been. Besides this guy comes to NY as a high ticket free agent who will be treated differently. The rules for home grown talent is starkly different for high priced imports. He will face the kind of scrutiny he never saw in Boston. That's just how it is. As for his injuries and "it could happen to anyone" , that's irrelevant. Are you saying some people get hurt on purpose? My point is simply he has a history and that is that. As soon as he hits the DL in NY he's gonna get fuckin hammered just watch. Not saying its right or wrong just saying it is going to happen and he better be ready for it. My own opinion is he'll be crying for that Red Sox jersey by August

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston media can be brutal but it ain't the NY media and never has been. Besides this guy comes to NY as a high ticket free agent who will be treated differently. The rules for home grown talent is starkly different for high priced imports. He will face the kind of scrutiny he never saw in Boston. That's just how it is. As for his injuries and "it could happen to anyone" , that's irrelevant. Are you saying some people get hurt on purpose? My point is simply he has a history and that is that. As soon as he hits the DL in NY he's gonna get fuckin hammered just watch. Not saying its right or wrong just saying it is going to happen and he better be ready for it. My own opinion is he'll be crying for that Red Sox jersey by August

:noidea:

By August, every Yankee will be wishing he were on the Red Sox.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if a player gets stabbed one year and shot the next and hit by a car the next, and misses significant time each season, is he made of glass or injury prone? With your logic it seems like you'd say yes.

His big injuries aren't a result of poor conditioning or anything of that nature (like Griffey for example). They're freak accidents (which collisions, being hit by pitches are).

Last edited by a moderator:

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will be his nickname? Carl Pavano had Carla. It'll be much harder with Jacoby Pavano. I can't wait for him to be out several months with a bruised buttocks.