• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elliotte Friedman 31 thoughts

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: New NHL rules and summer news - Sportsnet.ca

really strange seeing this on sportsnet now and not CBC

3. The first example the NHL showed in its diving video was Tomas Plekanec’s head-snap in the Eastern Conference Final. The league wasn’t so sure about publicly naming those warned or fined, but the players pressed for it. Montreal’s centre is going to be closely watched at the start of the season.

Bout damn time they cracked down on those dirty diving Habs.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: New NHL rules and summer news - Sportsnet.ca

really strange seeing this on sportsnet now and not CBC

yah i saw that commercial sportsnet is running and its still a mindbending proposition

talking about the one where strombo is collecting on bets with Kypreos by going to the players for the straight dirt ... he talks to PK, Domenic Moore and than a Phil Kessel who looks like he is ready to be milked with some mosquito bites poking out his chest

I couldnt find the video but saw this ...

ÇM ‏@Heavyrums 17h

Kessel looks like a fat animal in that #sportsnet commercial

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just try and find a Canarduckian with even the slightest idea where their tax dollars are really going (screw the bogus pie charts) - even the Auditor General hasn't received an answer yet, to his almost year-old question; where did the $3.5 Billion discretionary departmental spending actually go? Or, even better, where did the $52 Billion dollars that the Cretins Liberated from the Employment Insurance fund (a surplus created by employers' and workers' contributions, ie belonging to them (not the Government, or the Country), actually go? Just saying that it was used to 'balance' the budget, doesn't really cut it, does it.

I see that the Big Rs is asking almost 25% more ($199.95) than last year's CI price (for exactly the same product, with the same ridiculous conditions) - and no one else, including the Nat Ho League itself, has even posted their price yet - 20 days before the season starts. Great business model, eh?.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one thing I always thought CBC did better than the networks is sports, though. I can't stand their dramas, but HNIC, Olympics, World Cup, etc... were all top notch.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I always thought CBC did better than the networks is sports, though. I can't stand their dramas, but HNIC, Olympics, World Cup, etc... were all top notch.

Don't agree on the World Cup - in 2010, they had many games on "CBC Bold" which absolutely nobody subscribed to. But the rest, yeah they did pretty good for a while. HNIC went down the shitter the last few years with guys like Healy and PJ Stock on.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for Friedman to go postal on one of those HNIC panels and just beat the crap out of Healy.

Oh man there was one moment this season it came so close. Healy mentioned something about Friedman being cozy with the NHL owners or something or another and it was with such a dipshitty tone that it must've taken Friedman everything to not get up and pummel him, make fun of PJ Stock's awful suiting, high-five Maclean and walk off with fingers in the air Stone Cold style.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for Friedman to go postal on one of those HNIC panels and just beat the crap out of Healy.

I don't know Healy is quick and hard to hit.

Just ask an NHL puck.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ole boy Ronny is still employed by sportsnet eh? but we'll only see him wearing bad sweaters at small town hometown hockey events ... he'll be in burnaby ... 5 minutes from my home

I may strategically lose control of my car going down kensington that day :noidea:

Burnaby To Celebrate "The Game" with Rogers Hometown Hockey and Ron MacLean

He lived two streets over from me for about 5 years while I was growing up.

He gave granola bars for Halloween.

Make it a truck.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave granola bars for Halloween.

misc-burn_him.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^Kind of odd that he didn't mention Ryan Murray. That contract is up in 2015. It will never get there - he will be extended long before then (I hope).

5. Boston and Buffalo did talk quite seriously about Chris Stewart, but it doesn’t appear at this time to be a match. According to other teams, the Sabres want two young players (or a young player and a draft pick) for the winger and couldn’t reach an agreement with the Bruins. Buffalo won’t make the move early unless it gets what it wants.

Is Jared Boll young enough? Tim Erixon is. Heck, I'd give those two AND a pick for Stewart.

26. Underrated aspect about Carey Price: he really knows the rules and is acutely aware of how to use them to his advantage. Tuesday night, Pavel Datsyuk’s beautiful spinning backhand goal was waved off, because Price leaned into Justin Abdelkader, whose skate was in the blue paint. He did the same thing in last year’s playoffs with Alex Killorn. Rule 69.3 says a goalie must be able to move in his crease as he feels necessary. If you’re in there, he’s going to “bump” you — and it’s your problem, not his.

Yup.