• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fun, not necessarily that Boston is up double digits...but fun in the fact that FINALLY GS/CLE looks a TAD vulnerable. Now, I find this game interesting no matter the result. Either Cleveland flexes their muscle and comes storming back, or Boston pulls off the unthinkable.
Another thing I noticed is that Lebron seeks out that PG pick with Kyrie, and while it's still effective, it's not as effective when you have a bigger guy like smart, that can just switch out on Lebron

LOL. I guess Isaiah Thomas contesting a shot at LeBron's waist just wasn't getting the job done.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fun, not necessarily that Boston is up double digits...but fun in the fact that FINALLY GS/CLE looks a TAD vulnerable. Now, I find this game interesting no matter the result. Either Cleveland flexes their muscle and comes storming back, or Boston pulls off the unthinkable.
Another thing I noticed is that Lebron seeks out that PG pick with Kyrie, and while it's still effective, it's not as effective when you have a bigger guy like smart, that can just switch out on Lebron

Boston won't win this series, but IT being out negates the PR with Kyrie you just mentioned. This more heavy defensive approach is actually what's bringing Boston within a competitive series with Cleveland - could've sworn I've heard this concept before......can't put my finger on it.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly both Cleveland and the C's look better without their leading scorers. The b-ball just moves around much better.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs will win the game but its good to see the Celtics finally play with nuts. Figured they would of got swept without putting up even a fight.

Good to see fight in the team. Something that hardly exists in most teams today.

Celtics just dont have the offensive firepower to go the long haul. But Its impressive what they have done in Cleveland

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I agree with Chuck on is this:

The big deal with LeBron having 4 fouls is it makes it almost impossible for him to be aggressive in any manner in the second half. Defensively (jumping passing lanes, going for blocks, closing out, 1 on 1 D) and on offense (getting to the rim). He will be essentially neutered defensively and offensively he will have to rely on jump shots and very intelligent drives to the rim. Not being able to do these things takes away what really makes LeBron a special player. It was a huge mistake (and i thought at the time... this isn't hindsight) to keep lebron in the game. If it was a ten point game and lebron had three fouls rather than four the game seems very different from the cavs perspective.

Going forward for LeBron: switches on small guys are not favorable because historically they get a crazy amount of charges drawn on him (lot to do with the size differential and they can usually beat him to his spot). Needs to be more 1/3 pick n rolls with Kyrie that get lebron the ball facing the court as a passer and a penetrator from elbowish down. They ran a lot of this type of stuff in games 1 and 2 but have since stopped (coincidence?). The one thing he can't do is stand in the corner as a spot up shooter as a means to avoid fouls, that will make Boston's life easy.

Either way, I think at this point it is a long shot that the cavs win. Hard to believe a team that was so fully in control (huge win in games 1 and 2 and up 21 in game 3) is suddenly on the ropes. The whole team looks like they just lost focus, intensity, and passion which is completely inexplicable at this point in the playoffs.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been obvious for quite some time.
Warriors in 5.

Since about January I have thought that if the cavs even make the finals they'll be swept. GS is on a completely different level talentwise. It is way beyond anything we've seen the past 20ish years

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston won't win this series, but IT being out negates the PR with Kyrie you just mentioned. This more heavy defensive approach is actually what's bringing Boston within a competitive series with Cleveland - could've sworn I've heard this concept before......can't put my finger on it.
Oh by "pulling of the unthinkable", I meant winning this game alone. And as for the defensive approach, I totally agree.
Plus on a side note, this is more good news for Boston in that they may be able to justify not giving IT 200 Mil now

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, @WiggyRuss? WE NEED SOME GOD DAMN ANSWERS!!!! THE CAVS ARE GOING TO CHOKE AWAY A 2-0 LEAD AFTER WINNING 2 ON THE ROAD AND NOW LOSING 2 AT HOME? FUCKING SERIOUSLY?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking lay 15 points.....when the fuck am I gonna learn?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness I have pizza on the way. And beer, plenty of fucking beer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, @WiggyRuss? WE NEED SOME GOD DAMN ANSWERS!!!! THE CAVS ARE GOING TO CHOKE AWAY A 2-0 LEAD AFTER WINNING 2 ON THE ROAD AND NOW LOSING 2 AT HOME? FUCKING SERIOUSLY?

This game is FAR from a Cavs loss, and in general he hasn't posted during games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're not going to choke away a 2-0 lead (would love for it to happen). But we all know his nature by now. This is nothing new.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking lay 15 points.....when the fuck am I gonna learn?

Never.
Celts were the play tonight cause everyone thought the Cavs were.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grantee they will not foul out Lebron. I'll put Lebron's house down that bet.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible non-box out by Crowder there. Here's where Cleveland comes back.