• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors need Valanciunas back asap or there's zero point in watching. The Cavs have too much size and will rebound everything. Without him, the Cavs could win all 4 games by 15+. With him, they'll still probably win but at least they'll put up a fight

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man what a cake walk to the finals. The West is so brutal.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man what a cake walk to the finals. The West is so brutal.

Brutal for the Thunder.

No one else has really had it rough, even the Warriors (aside from having to win games without Curry).

Combined Reg Season Wins by playoff opponents:
Thunder: 182
Raptors: 150
Cavs: 148
Warriors: 140

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal for the Thunder.

No one else has really had it rough, even the Warriors (aside from having to win games without Curry).

Combined Reg Season Wins by playoff opponents:
Thunder: 182
Raptors: 150
Cavs: 148
Warriors: 140
if the Thunder win the title- they will have EARNED it...thats for sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just hope the Cavs shake the rust off early- all though- Game 1 vs. Atlanta the "rust" showed up as fatigue in the 4th quarter.

If the Cavs can get going and take Game 1- this series will be very short....If Toronto can surprise the Cavs off the bat maybe it becomes a series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are underestimating Toronto

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“LeBron is letting the game come to him,” Lue said after practice Saturday. “When he wants to be aggressive and he sees fit to be aggressive when the teams have a good run or whatever they may have, then he just takes over the game … And with Kyrie (Irving) and Kevin (Love) playing at a high level, he can take a lot of mileage off of his body, reduce his (usage) rate and just kind of seeing and figuring out the flow of the game.”

James has a career postseason scoring average of 28 points per game in 11 trips to the playoffs. He is averaging a career low 23.5 points in this postseason thus far and doesn’t even lead the Cavs in scoring, as Irving is averaging 24.4 points through the first two rounds.

Despite the fact that James played with two likely future Hall of Famers in Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh during in his time in Miami, Lue said he believes the four-time MVP has never been afforded such help around him during a playoff run.

“I don’t think he’s been in this position before where he can just sit back and see the flow of the game, see where he has to take over the game and it’s been great for him,” said Lue. “I mean, to average 23 points or 24 points and sweep both series is big for us because now our other guys are stepping up, they’re playing well and we know LeBron always can play well.”

Lue sounded as if he was assessing James at this particular stage of his career and the way he’s made it a priority to serve Irving’s and Love’s games. With Miami, most of the expectations still were on James – the Mt. Rushmoriest of the Heat’s three stars – to produce titles in his prime, with Wade and Bosh figuring out their places around him.

McMenamin goes on to note that, compared to a year ago when Irving and Love were hurt and ultimately sidelined in the postseason, James is playing much more efficiently this time. He felt he had to be a volume shooter last year and was, averaging 27.2 field goal attempts to get his 30.1 points in the playoffs. This time around, James is averaging 19.1 shots. Both his minutes and his usage rate in the Cavs’ attack are down.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are underestimating Toronto

Yeah, they were right there with CLE and OKC all season long. Lowry has already torched the Cavs a couple of times.

I think the Pacers and Heat did a good job of muddying up the game. That combined with the injuries and some bad shooting by DeRozan/Lowry has dramatically changed the perception.

I'm a little worried that Lowry seems to be peaking right back into form.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they were right there with CLE and OKC all season long. Lowry has already torched the Cavs a couple of times.

I think the Pacers and Heat did a good job of muddying up the game. That combined with the injuries and some bad shooting by DeRozan/Lowry has dramatically changed the perception.

Yeah that's when I knew the Heat were done. Once I saw Lowry got hot, I knew winning this series would be tough. If DeRozan can pick up his game (he's been playing a little better) to Lowry's level and they also get JV back early in the series, this can be a long series.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's when I knew the Heat were done. Once I saw Lowry got hot, I knew winning this series would be tough. If DeRozan can pick up his game (he's been playing a little better) to Lowry's level and they also get JV back early in the series, this can be a long series.

I could see the Cavs selectively sitting Irving at key times to have Shumpert/Delly on Lowry. There isn't a good player for Irving to guard on defense. (Curry -- for example -- will be guarding Roberson)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK I think you guys win if you had Whiteside. Raptors were getting too many easy baskets and rebounds.
2 players I saw look their age was Deng and Johnson. Both just ran out of gas.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK I think you guys win if you had Whiteside. Raptors were getting too many easy baskets and rebounds.
2 players I saw look their age was Deng and Johnson. Both just ran out of gas.

I agree. Deng was fine. His wrist injury took a toll on him. I agree about Johnson

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good Lowry > Good Kyrie

LeBron>>>>then any Raptor

Good Raptors were the 2nd best record for a reason
Hopefully JV is back sooner than later

Raptors will put up a much bigger fight then Pistons, Hawks but it won't be enough to get past game 6.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors need Valanciunas back asap or there's zero point in watching. The Cavs have too much size and will rebound everything. Without him, the Cavs could win all 4 games by 15+. With him, they'll still probably win but at least they'll put up a fight

Biyombo can keep Tristan off the glass

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors need Valanciunas back asap or there's zero point in watching.

Could not possibly disagree with this more. I will be watching every single game of this series as an excuse to get out of whatever chores, etc. my wife wants me to do. Seems like plenty of reason to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.