• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the Cavs reign of terror in the East end this year?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading this...

Can Any East Team Take LeBron’s Crown?

and figured we could chat about it.

This is the most vulnerable Lebron team to getting to the finals since he left Cleveland. Which isn't to say that they aren't still the favorite to make it to the finals. Lebron is still Lebron.

Which team do you think has the best chance of doing it?

The Raptors have been the best regular season team but they have shown some serious chinks in the armor of late and their depth is less useful in the playoffs as benches get short.

The Celtics are arguably the best team in the East. When healthy. But they aren't. I can't imagine there is any way that Hayward comes back but if Kyrie can return and everyone else is healthy, they could be a real problem. Especially with Tatum really finding his own.

The Sixers have arguably the best starting 5 in the East, if not basketball. But that's with Embiid being healthy. Assuming he returns, the Sixers will really need their bench to continue to improve, which it has done. And Ben Simmons will need to prove that he can still be highly effective with his style in the playoffs.

The Pacers seem to me to be a team playing much better than a sum of their parts would suggest they could. Oladipo has tailed off some of late but the Pacers keep winning games. It's hard to see them being able to beat Lebron & Co. but stranger things have happened.

The Wizards are an enigma. Wall has missed so much of the season(1 game in the last 3 months) so it is hard to know what they will wind up doing in the playoffs. The team is so top heavy that I think it will be really tough for them to overcome the Cavs.

The Bucks look like a one and done team this year. The Greek Freak is carrying them on his back he won't be able to do that in the playoffs. Hard to imagine either the Raptors or Celtics not making short work of them.

The Heat are a wild card team that might break the hearts of the Celts or Raptors or maybe even the Cavs. Not sure they have the consistency to beat one of the top teams but if they can find that, they could surprise some folks.

Thoughts?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my list of teams who can take out the Cavs in a series in the east.

1) Boston Celtics-With the way they're playing now and if he can get Kyrie and Smart back......Look out

2) Toronto Raptors- Probably their best team ever. All depends on if their top 2 actually show up in May.

3) Philadelphia Sixers- Great young team hitting their peak with the playoffs around the corner

The other 4 teams don't stand a chance of beating Cleveland 4 out of 7

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with the Celtics and 6er's having a shot. Toronto is kinda in the same place as Houston in my mind, meaning i'll believe it when i see it...

the LeClown monkey's been on their backs for a while, bitten down, and hit an artery...

i'd love to see 'em overcome it, just not sure if they can...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington could be scary now that they're healthy and rested.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my list of teams who can take out the Cavs in a series in the east.

1) Boston Celtics-With the way they're playing now and if he can get Kyrie and Smart back......Look out

2) Toronto Raptors- Probably their best team ever. All depends on if their top 2 actually show up in May.

3) Philadelphia Sixers- Great young team hitting their peak with the playoffs around the corner

The other 4 teams don't stand a chance of beating Cleveland 4 out of 7

This year I think all of the top 6 teams in the East could theoretically make a run, but there are too many variables in play for each team to predict the one most likely to beat the Cavs.

End of the day, I think the Cavs go back to the Finals, but it won't be pretty once they get there.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that this Cavs team looks the most vulnerable of any LeBron team in a while. But I will believe it when I see it. Basketball is about match ups and I have not seen anyone in the East who can stop LeBron when he sets his mind to it. He may have to work harder than he has in past seasons to get to the finals, but if he can get any help from his team so he only has to win 1 or 2 games per round himself instead of all four the Cavs will be in the finals again. My money would still be on the Cavs versus the field to come out of the East.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron finds a way. I also think that if the Cavs get taken out, it will be before the ECF. If they get there, I think Lebron gets them to the finals even if he has to average 40 points 12 rebounds and 10 assists.

I could see the Celtics taking them out if they are healthy. They have arguably the best coach not named Popovich and the defense to frustrate Lebron.

Talent-wise, the Sixers could do it. But they are very young and the playoffs are a different animal. I think their inexperience will be their undoing. Next year or more likely the following year though, if they stay healthy...look out.

I see the Raptors and Wizards the same as CL67...I ain't believing it until I see it.

Don't think anyone else has a shot.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pacers fan I would much rather face Philly than Washington. We've proven we can beat Philly on their floor. They have won ten in a row and their last loss was - You guessed it...to the Pacers at home.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics then the Raptors have the biggest chance of dethroning the Cavs in the East. To me the other teams have no shot at dethroning the Cavs.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is more amazing to me is this may be the last time, for quite some time, that we discuss Cavs and winning the east playoffs. Barring ping pong balls

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet, unfortunately, is no.