• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious if anyone out there still thinks Love will be dealt if the Cavs lose the Finals. I would say there is between no chance and zero chance hes dealt at this point.

Much better question to ask after the Finals, isn't it?

IF they win, obvious answer.

If they lose, it depends how and why.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 122843
i think anyone who has been paying attention would agree that firing Blatt and promoting Lue was the right move. You have to give Griffin credit for such a ballsy move. He stuck his neck out but knew what was the right thing to do.

We don't know that yet. Cleveland would've went to the Finals this year regardless of who was coach. Blatt got you to the Finals last season as well, didn't he? In fact, he had to deal with more given the players that had to get acclimated to his system. As well as not having Love for a majority of the playoffs and Irving being hobbled the whole way through.

Edit: The acclimated portion is guys like Mozgov, Shumpert, and JR Smith getting traded midway through the year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't know what happened," James said as he made his way out of the Air Canada Centre after sucking all the air out of it with his masterful 33-point, 11-rebound, six-assist, three-block performance. "It's just a feeling. I just remember last year, understanding the tough situation that we were about to get ourselves into with Ky [Irving] being hobbled, Kev [Kevin Love] being out, Shump [Iman Shumpert] being hobbled, Delly [Matthew Dellavedova] being hobbled -- I knew it was just going to be a tough, tall task.

"And this moment right here, I've been in this league for 13 years and I can't continue to not appreciate what I've been able to accomplish, what my guys have been able to accomplish and I guess that's what came over me. So I just got very emotional about it."

There was good reason for him be overwhelmed. Here he was, two championships, four MVP trophies and more than a thousand games played already to his name, unlocking a level of play that in some ways was better than he has ever played before.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't know what happened," James said as he made his way out of the Air Canada Centre after sucking all the air out of it with his masterful 33-point, 11-rebound, six-assist, three-block performance. "It's just a feeling. I just remember last year, understanding the tough situation that we were about to get ourselves into with Ky [Irving] being hobbled, Kev [Kevin Love] being out, Shump [Iman Shumpert] being hobbled, Delly [Matthew Dellavedova] being hobbled -- I knew it was just going to be a tough, tall task.

"And this moment right here, I've been in this league for 13 years and I can't continue to not appreciate what I've been able to accomplish, what my guys have been able to accomplish and I guess that's what came over me. So I just got very emotional about it."

There was good reason for him be overwhelmed. Here he was, two championships, four MVP trophies and more than a thousand games played already to his name, unlocking a level of play that in some ways was better than he has ever played before.

You apparently didn't watch the '13 Finals or '12 ECF against the Boston Celtics. Those were some of Lebron's best performances.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

***********GAME of Thrones spoiler alert**********

Are we sure Lyanna Stark is really dead?

I'm getting vibes off that chick Arya is supposed to take out.

Who do you think the returning character thought dead will be?

The Hound or Benjen?

Would they have the balls to turn Hodor into a wight?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hound or Benjen?

People need to get over it! Hodor is dead and gone!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hound or Benjen?

Well thanks Mecca ya just ruined it for me. Wait a minute...I haven't watched an episode of that show. Never mind.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to get over it! Hodor is dead and gone!

Come on, that was some cold shit.

Bran needs to get his head out of his ass.

Time to grow up...like it or not, he has the power.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hound or Benjen?

no...i dont know who that is but i think we can count on lyana stark being dead.

I think Benjen will save Bran and Meera--- i am DEFINITELY thinking more and more that meera is jons sister...I think the hound will be back as well-- i think the theory on that one is that he eventually fights his brother in cerseis trial by combat- the hound representing the faith, and zombified mountain representing the crown.

the margeary stuff is weird. itll be interesting to see what that is about...is seh gonna renounce her title like the high sparrow talked to her about? is that why her heads not shaved?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no...i dont know who that is but i think we can count on lyana stark being dead.

I think Benjen will save Bran and Meera--- i am DEFINITELY thinking more and more that meera is jons sister...I think the hound will be back as well-- i think the theory on that one is that he eventually fights his brother in cerseis trial by combat- the hound representing the faith, and zombified mountain representing the crown.

the margeary stuff is weird. itll be interesting to see what that is about...is seh gonna renounce her title like the high sparrow talked to her about? is that why her heads not shaved?

Margery....that Bitch went rogue.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened with margaery? did she make a deal to save loras? or is she truly brainwashed?

I think the Bitch is making a power play to isolate Tommen from his family and to save her brother.

She should have just let her Grandma get Gangster.

I was very disappointed cause I wanted to see the Sparrow get fucked.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was out of town for most of this series but managed to catch most of the 2nd halves of games.

Congrats to the Cavs for getting it together in 5 and 6. Genuinely hope they bring a title to Cleveland this year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Toronto, there was a lot of fun this spring and there have been some smaller and medium-sized moves made over the past few years (trading Gay, signing Carroll) but this summer is the one Masai Ujiri was hired for. He will be judged far less as a GM for what the Raptors have done in the past 2 years than he will be for how they do over the next two. I wish him luck.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Toronto, there was a lot of fun this spring and there have been some smaller and medium-sized moves made over the past few years (trading Gay, signing Carroll) but this summer is the one Masai Ujiri was hired for. He will be judged far less as a GM for what the Raptors have done in the past 2 years than he will be for how they do over the next two. I wish him luck.

Drafting a scorer to help DeRozan and Lowry is the first order of business. Can't drop the ball with that top 10 pick you guys have

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting a scorer to help DeRozan and Lowry is the first order of business. Can't drop the ball with that top 10 pick you guys have
I could see them trying to trade up to get Jamal Murray. That would probably mean the end for DeRozan here but they might not be so keen to give him max money and he can probably fetch it elsewhere. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.