• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Final - Sens vs Pens

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little weird you have an erection while you're cheering, but to each his own.

You have to cheer and let your penis know you are there for it, otherwise don't be surprised when it isn't there for you.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a deflection. Kunitz just mishit it and it floated in, a little knuckle baller off the top of his blade. But yeah, certainly not the goalie's fault.

And the kind of puck luck Pittsburgh always seems to get.
Okay, I swear it hit one of the Ottawa players before it went in, but my eyes aren't as good as they use to be.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I swear it hit one of the Ottawa players before it went in, but my eyes aren't as good as they use to be.

Oh, no worries. One of the TV announcers said the same thing. And it gave me an opportunity to slag off Chris Kunitz. So all good here. :thumb:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that puck fluttered home like Kunitz hit it with his purse. Okay, that's not fair, he played a fine game tonight,

Man, what a series.
Yeah, all the talk about the Pens-Caps game should've been the Conf. Final (myself included), didn't know that the real exciting/competitive conference championship series would be this one. ;)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schultz had an impact tonight. Mostly unspectacular, but stepped up in big moments. Good to have a guy with skill back on the blue line.

Kunitz was also big. And Scott Wilson had a tremendous game. Dumoulin was outstanding in the OT, and Sid, Phil, and Geno all three took over plays when they had the puck on their sticks.
Boninininino is saving his heroics for the SCF.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder gentlemen, if your erection lasts longer than four hours you should seek medical care. Mazel tov, but still...hospital.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, onto hockey.

I'm honestly shocked they got to the final. Shocked. Without Letang I didn't see it happening. And then losing Schultz? I mean, crikey, Ron Hainsey and Ian Cole are the backbone of our D core (erection joke goes here). This run is super impressive, and it doesn't really have a common theme like so many tend to. I credit Sully for that. They're not simply riding a hot goalie (although they did at some points), no single player has taken over (though Geno has at times), just...finding a way.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame a man if the post season gets his blood pumping.
Good thing the game didn't go beyond 2OT...don't want to be calling your doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, congrats Pens fans. Good show.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Yeah, what a slap in the face to Leafs' fans.
How so? Assuming we're talking about PK and Kessel, one is making an archrival look downright stupid and the other's a guy who caught a pile of unwarranted bullshit from the media and is now playing in his second straight Cup final.

Good on both of em! Hope one of them wins.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the two players I desperately wanted to see traded or dropped were Fleury and Kunitz. They have both trolled me hard this post season!

What's next, Hall Gill and Guerin out of retirement for the finals?? GONCHAR?

It is amazing how that worked out.
When Kunitz got hurt in the regular season I seriously hoped that was the last time he ever played for the Penguins. Now with that he did no one will want him to leave and now will get a contract extension.

At least with MAF he will be getting shelled in Vegas.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed too many men on Ottawa. Lots of great chances for the Pens here, though. And Dumoulin has been outstanding in the overtime.

Hockey Gods payback for Twinkle Toes Kessel

I have to pee, but I can't leave during overtime. What a conundrum.

78f489f68e9316b94599068d5c51e5c1.jpg

Man, Anderson was near perfect. And it took two perfect screens to beat him.

!

Anderson stopped at least three he never saw. Like in OT when he was clearing the stick from the crease. I was really pulling for him to win. Good guy, horrible year personally. Feel so bad for him.

I think Sens fans have a little bit to be upset about. Kessel's dive/PPG and then play being stopped when he went down and the Sens were attacking. As a Blue Jackets fan who watched Werenski bleed for 25 seconds while the Pens possessed the puck and scored, I can't help but notice that TWICE these playoffs the Pens had guys go down when the opponents had the puck and play was whistled immediately. :/

But then I remember that Melnyk owns the Sens, and he will have crazy conspiracy theories and it will make me laugh. Plus, if you leave the game in a position where a Zebra fuckiup can decide it...

It's Ironic though, in nature Penguins dive to *avoid* Predators.

Congrats Pens fans. Team owned large swaths of that game and Sens had absolutely nothing (except Anderson) in OT.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, if you leave the game in a position where a Zebra fuckiup can decide it...

Yep. Not advisable.

Really enjoyed watching this Silver Seven run, though. How many people had them losing in the first round? Would have been cool to have seen Sens-Preds.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey Gods payback for Twinkle Toes Kessel

78f489f68e9316b94599068d5c51e5c1.jpg

Anderson stopped at least three he never saw. Like in OT when he was clearing the stick from the crease. I was really pulling for him to win. Good guy, horrible year personally. Feel so bad for him.

I think Sens fans have a little bit to be upset about. Kessel's dive/PPG and then play being stopped when he went down and the Sens were attacking. As a Blue Jackets fan who watched Werenski bleed for 25 seconds while the Pens possessed the puck and scored, I can't help but notice that TWICE these playoffs the Pens had guys go down when the opponents had the puck and play was whistled immediately. :/

But then I remember that Melnyk owns the Sens, and he will have crazy conspiracy theories and it will make me laugh. Plus, if you leave the game in a position where a Zebra fuckiup can decide it...

Congrats Pens fans. Team owned large swaths of that game and Sens had absolutely nothing (except Anderson) in OT.

I'd have to watch it again but do you really think that Kessel "dived"? It looked to me like a case where the guy went down because he was just moving fast and wasn't expecting it. And it's not like interference is canceled if the guy doesn't go down anyway and Phaneuf did nothing illegal.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. There are a few Senators I generally like, and Andersen is one of them. After a tough year, it would've been special fir him.

If only the Caps weren't such chokers, I could've gone #allin on the Sens!

Lol, there's no way Columbus fans will ever let that go. I honestly think that after Werenski's injury, and with possible concussion lawsuits incoming, the NHL probably told refs to call injury stoppages more often, in cases of pucks to the head. They should have just announced that, but it would have meant admitting a refereeing mistake, the ultimate NHL no-no....

Kessel might have gone down easily - he does his best to avoid contact all the time anyway, so maybe he just jumped - but what was Phaneuf thinking? After 2 power plays for the Sens and none for PGH, everyone knows what's coming, and he must have remembered the soft Hainsey interference call. Just a real unnecessary play by him. I'd be pissed if Dumoulin or whoever had done the same thing in a reversed context.