• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles/Ravens

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch or listen to the game yesterday, had too much else going on.

Looking at some of the highlights, and there are encouraging and frustrating things on tape.

This game would've been a 20 point loss last season. They stayed in the game and battled back.

The INT and the blocked 2-point conversion pass were mechanical mistakes by Wentz. The INT was probably also a missed read with the LB underneath the route, but he threw off his back foot and it was a duck. He rushed the 2-point throw (off his back foot) and got it blocked.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy's LG Ronald Leary (who's had a great year) is a free agent this off season. There's a guy whom I'd love for the Eagles to add.

I'm a little "leery" on Leary - he's looked good IMO because he's surrounded by Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick. If it weren't for La'el Collins injury earlier this year, I don't think he would even be starting right now. Plus I read somewhere he has a degenerative knee condition that could affect him at some point in his second contract.

Warford and Zeitler IMO would be better options if we were going after a FA guard. Warford could be a bit like Brandon Brooks, solid, not spectacular and Zeitler would be the flashier signing, both good players and would allow Barbre to move to the second unit as a versatile backup.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little "leery" on Leary - he's looked good IMO because he's surrounded by Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick. If it weren't for La'el Collins injury earlier this year, I don't think he would even be starting right now. Plus I read somewhere he has a degenerative knee condition that could affect him at some point in his second contract.

Warford and Zeitler IMO would be better options if we were going after a FA guard. Warford could be a bit like Brandon Brooks, solid, not spectacular and Zeitler would be the flashier signing, both good players and would allow Barbre to move to the second unit as a versatile backup.

Zeitler will be expensive and he plays RG, maybe we can move Brooks to LG if we were to bring him in. Warford's the more realistic option price wise. I did not know of Leary's knee condition.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement on going for two at the end. You are in last place and had a chance to shock a good team. Not a fan of the specific playcall. But I don't take issue with going for the win.
I agree with you here. I would have liked to see a run or something based on how well we had been moving the chains all day, but I can't fault them for going for the W. That was a ballsy move and it could have paid off big.

They played well all game, as far as I am concerned. We know we have needs and I hope they fill them in the coming years.

I don't know where Byron Marshall came from, but he had some good plays in there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info n the potential free agent Guards, but I would not move Brooks, as he seems very effective at RG. Good info re: Leary. I'd pass. We don't need any more injury prone players. We must lead the league in that. We just need to add depth at G and T, and move Seumalo to C, and cut Kelce.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info n the potential free agent Guards, but I would not move Brooks, as he seems very effective at RG. Good info re: Leary. I'd pass. We don't need any more injury prone players. We must lead the league in that. We just need to add depth at G and T, and move Seumalo to C, and cut Kelce.

I too, really wish Pederson and co. would move Seumalo to C - he seems perfect for the position but they seemed determined to play him at Guard. How do you feel about Elfein from Ohio State?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seumalo will be a good Center. I like Elflein, but he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick, and I think we have to go WR and CB in the first 2 picks.