• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles at Redskins game thread

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes this even worse, is that the Skins defense is not very good, except a couple players like Norman, and Kerrigan. the rest are mediocre to decent. Our o-line made all the difference, that and the lack of tacklers. Right now, we are the worst team in the division, unless we can fix the o-line to at least be competent.

You are right about that, the Redskins defense has been terrible. I don't think they magically got good overnight, this was more a reflection of your OL than our defense.

Obviously I am surprised at this result, I called a big Philly win. For some reason I need to continue to try to convince Skins fans on Wentz, Even with zero help yesterday he showed how dangerous he can be. So if you have the QB filing out the roster is the easy part and I believe you have found the QB. But yeah Super Genious Chip left a mess.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
71 offensive snaps, 33 running plays, Fletcher Cox zero tackles. That was as big a surprise as the OL problems. I think they'll give the Vikes a better game.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this team was a 7-9 team when TC started. Without Johnson, this is a six win team.

There's a lot to like (Wentz showing us a lot, the DL, etc.), but this team lacks depth almost everywhere and has too many below average starters (WR, LB, CB) to really be a top-tier team.

So far, it looks like Dougie can coach. Not so sure about Schwartz's D. But they need talent.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Doug and Stout could possibly think that V could effectively block Kerrigan, and others. He hasn't had experience. these guys are experienced coaches who know the game, but how could they????

As bad as he was, the D didn't show up, and they seemed lackluster to me.
They gave V a lot of help. As bad as this was, it wasn't the Winston Justice Blocking Dummy game.

And the Redskins did a lot of things to force one-on-ones with V. They shifted linemen a lot, forcing Brooks to take on the nose more than the Eagles would have liked. They tried giving V help, but rookie tackles forced into service during the middle of the season usually get exposed.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about that, the Redskins defense has been terrible. I don't think they magically got good overnight, this was more a reflection of your OL than our defense.

Obviously I am surprised at this result, I called a big Philly win. For some reason I need to continue to try to convince Skins fans on Wentz, Even with zero help yesterday he showed how dangerous he can be. So if you have the QB filing out the roster is the easy part and I believe you have found the QB. But yeah Super Genious Chip left a mess.

Once the line was exposed I knew the Eagles would lose. Wentz is a stud but in order to execute he would to be upright. He showed me a lot yesterday though. The receivers were exposed yesterday as well. We Eagles fans knew the receivers were average. The Skins showed the rest of the NFL by playing man coverage.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the line was exposed I knew the Eagles would lose. Wentz is a stud but in order to execute he would to be upright. He showed me a lot yesterday though. The receivers were exposed yesterday as well. We Eagles fans knew the receivers were average. The Skins showed the rest of the NFL by playing man coverage.

I think "average" is an overused word to use to describe a poor player or group. I see it used a lot when it's not really applicable. If you can show me 15 other teams with a worst corp of receivers then I'll buy that label average, but IMO they are below average by a large margin when compared to the other 31 teams.

I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on the Eagles receivers or your post. I've seen our DL described as average as well and I took issue with that too. They are below average.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is impressive.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Doug and Stout could possibly think that V could effectively block Kerrigan, and others. He hasn't had experience. these guys are experienced coaches who know the game, but how could they????

As bad as he was, the D didn't show up, and they seemed lackluster to me.
How did Andy Reid let another number 72 give up 6 sacks in his debut? Remember Winston Justice? I thought I was having flashbacks.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Andy Reid let another number 72 give up 6 sacks in his debut? Remember Winston Justice? I thought I was having flashbacks.

Hear tell how many attitudes here yesterday was that this was the worst performance every by an Eagles lineman....I kind of thought no one remembered old Winston LOL. But thats fair as Winston isn't on this line currently.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fucking forum. Ill post what I want and don't give a fuck if you agree or not

It is a fucking forum....thanks for bringing that up.

And since it is a forum one's words will be called out when applicable. You said "I've never coached a game in my life and wouldn't have punted that ball away". And I found that contradictory....especially on the heels of your comment that you "officially" question Doug's ability to call a game five games into a season.

Maybe the scheme and the coaching does suck (I certainly did call out the use of the TO before the punt....it was baffling....but also a rookie coach move). But....until there is more talent and depth on the field analyzing the coaching and scheme is impossible.

But please....treat it like a message board....speak your mind. I am going to treat this like a message board and call out reactionary nonsense when I see it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Doug learned that bad trick from Andy, but did the same thing. Hopefully Big V will work out better than Justice.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Doug learned that bad trick from Andy, but did the same thing. Hopefully Big V will work out better than Justice.
Let's hope. Justice never had a chance. He should have gotten some help from the TE or a back.

G

greenwing

It is a fucking forum....thanks for bringing that up.

And since it is a forum one's words will be called out when applicable. You said "I've never coached a game in my life and wouldn't have punted that ball away". And I found that contradictory....especially on the heels of your comment that you "officially" question Doug's ability to call a game five games into a season.

Maybe the scheme and the coaching does suck (I certainly did call out the use of the TO before the punt....it was baffling....but also a rookie coach move). But....until there is more talent and depth on the field analyzing the coaching and scheme is impossible.

But please....treat it like a message board....speak your mind. I am going to treat this like a message board and call out reactionary nonsense when I see it.

Its not reactionary nonsense. Was I heated? Absolutely. I do have a habit of losing my shit when we lose especially if it is a game I feel we should have won. I'm not questioning the depth or the lack of talent Doug has to work with. That's not his fault. I'm questioning the lack of understand of clock management that goes beyond being a rookie coach and more toward common sense. Something that seems to repeat with him and I'm very concerned about Doug Pederson's Dumb Explanation for Chiefs' Clock Management: "We Did Not Want to Give Tom Brady the Ball Back"

The TO call before the punt wasn't just baffling it was moronic. Why not get the punt team ready to run out on the field and kick it, quickly, and save the timeout for when the Redskins would try and run the clock down? And not to mention all the running plays in the fourth quarter when you are down by two score. It was like he thought he was playing with the lead. It was mind boggling.

Was this loss all on Doug's shoulders? No. There is plenty of blame to go around. Especially on defense with all the miss tackles. That defense just look absolutely horrid. And not to mention way too many penalties especially after big plays. Those are game killers.

But my argument isn't that he lacks ability to coach however i don't buy into rookie coaching mistakes. He's been in the NFL along time. No excuse there. I just call it lie i see it and I see a pattern of poor clock management and that NEEDS to be fixed sooner than later.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not reactionary nonsense. Was I heated? Absolutely. I do have a habit of losing my shit when we lose especially if it is a game I feel we should have won. I'm not questioning the depth or the lack of talent Doug has to work with. That's not his fault. I'm questioning the lack of understand of clock management that goes beyond being a rookie coach and more toward common sense. Something that seems to repeat with him and I'm very concerned about Doug Pederson's Dumb Explanation for Chiefs' Clock Management: "We Did Not Want to Give Tom Brady the Ball Back"

The TO call before the punt wasn't just baffling it was moronic. Why not get the punt team ready to run out on the field and kick it, quickly, and save the timeout for when the Redskins would try and run the clock down? And not to mention all the running plays in the fourth quarter when you are down by two score. It was like he thought he was playing with the lead. It was mind boggling.

Was this loss all on Doug's shoulders? No. There is plenty of blame to go around. Especially on defense with all the miss tackles. That defense just look absolutely horrid. And not to mention way too many penalties especially after big plays. Those are game killers.

But my argument isn't that he lacks ability to coach however i don't buy into rookie coaching mistakes. He's been in the NFL along time. No excuse there. I just call it lie i see it and I see a pattern of poor clock management and that NEEDS to be fixed sooner than later.

Ahhhh...you see a pattern. My bad. I was not aware the clairvoyance on display here....being new to the board and all

Reactionary or not....you just call it like you see it and I will call it like I do and we will get along well.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record we see veteran coaches fail at clock management all the time as well. It is really baffling that they haven't figured it out by now.

G

greenwing

"Orlando Eagles, post: 9085844, member: 11655"

Ahhhh...you see a pattern. My bad. I was not aware the clairvoyance on display here....being new to the board and all

If you want to call facts and stats clairvoyance have at it. But you're new to this board and we haven't had a troll in a while so welcome aboard newb.

Reactionary or not....you just call it like you see it and I will call it like I do and we will get along well.

Well you can call it like you see all day just bring something to the table besides "he's a rookie coach" or "I'm being reactionary" if you're going to do so.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Orlando Eagles, post: 9085844, member: 11655"

If you want to call facts and stats clairvoyance have at it. But you're new to this board and we haven't had a troll in a while so welcome aboard newb.

Well you can call it like you see all day just bring something to the table besides "he's a rookie coach" or "I'm being reactionary" if you're going to do so.

I thought "I have never coached a game in my life but I would not have punted there" really just said it all...."officially" I mean.

And I did not even have to bring it to the table.

G

greenwing

I thought "I have never coached a game in my life but I would not have punted there" really just said it all...."officially" I mean.

And I did not even have to bring it to the table.

So you don't understand sarcasm and the gist of the jab? Ok Bud.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "average" is an overused word to use to describe a poor player or group. I see it used a lot when it's not really applicable. If you can show me 15 other teams with a worst corp of receivers then I'll buy that label average, but IMO they are below average by a large margin when compared to the other 31 teams.

I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on the Eagles receivers or your post. I've seen our DL described as average as well and I took issue with that too. They are below average.

I agree with this - our receivers are terrible, the only one half-decent is Matthews and he is a #2 on his best day. I don't buy the notion that they are young and need time to grow with our QB, they stink and we need to progressively upgrade the position. Wentz can't beat people by himself, even if it looks that way at times.

We lost this game because our defense could not stop anyone all day, and bad penalties on offense - we barely had the ball at all offensively in the 1st half. No pressure on Cousins, and like a coarse sieve against the run.