• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dyansty League--Draft type

Which type of draft do you prefer?

• Total voters

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against a queue
an order in anyone's queue can and should change pending on the prior picks that are made ahead of the queued picks
queuing may work out for 1 round but if some one is out for a few rounds well....

I know I rank players but I do not combine positions and thus form a queue

ie. If I'm leaving just as I'm 3 picks away then a queue could work for me but even then it might not
It depends which position goes ahead of me I may not want my top 2 queued guys anymore I may want my 3rd queued guy

and if I'm in another country for 3 days well I sure don't want to leave a 5 or 6 round queue behind

This^^^^

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind making a time limit... But there has to be exclusions for vacation days... Even though I think even vacation days(maybe except for Harold's camping) you can make 15 minutes a night or morning to make your picks... Really 15 minutes is all it takes!!! even if it takes longer, this is fun for us, that's why we do it, you can always make time on vacation... In fact you probably have even more time(and yes, I am not married, so I might not understand some things)...
Will you pay for cell and Internet charges while I'm in another Country
You should never assume what people may be doing or not doing while they are away

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:blah::blabla::blah::blabla::blah:

:bored2:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you pay for cell and Internet charges while I'm in another Country
You should never assume what people may be doing or not doing while they are away

internet charges?? if the device has wifi there is no charges... and most hotels, even in foreign countires have free wifi...

if there is no free wifi then sure, i agree you would not pay for it unless you wanted to... but if there is free wifi, which is almost guaranteed, then i would expect you to be able to put in 15 minutes a day... this is our hobby, we enjoy this... if you did not like doing this you would not be here... so lets not pretend that vacations are so busy that we can't make time...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk. I gotta laugh with you man. On both debates (pick limit, live vs slow) you have totally different opinions to get to the same conclusion. It's especially funny because you are one of us that are pretty much free sailing (until August for you), yet you couldn't fathom finding one date that suits us all, but also can't fathom everyone not having time everyday.

I'm telling you, there will be more debates because of the slow draft than there would have been finding one day, for which you've said yourself, and we all agree, something we love to do.

But I digress......D-R-A-F-T. O-R-D-E-R.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk. I gotta laugh with you man. On both debates (pick limit, live vs slow) you have totally different opinions to get to the same conclusion. It's especially funny because you are one of us that are pretty much free sailing (until August for you), yet you couldn't fathom finding one date that suits us all, but also can't fathom everyone not having time everyday.

I'm telling you, there will be more debates because of the slow draft than there would have been finding one day, for which you've said yourself, and we all agree, something we love to do.

I have stated that i could do a live draft at ANY time... i just want to prevent the inactive as much as possible...auto draft is a cancer for a start up dynasty... but honestly, if i ever seem to hard headed, just call me out... i am almost always trying to play devils advocate...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on one email address. And two others haven't signed up yet. Once done, I will hit a randomize button on Fantrax so that it's legit. But, can't do that until very one is signed up.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated that i could do a live draft at ANY time... i just want to prevent the inactive as much as possible...auto draft is a cancer for a start up dynasty... but honestly, if i ever seem to hard headed, just call me out... i am almost always trying to play devils advocate...

Haha, I'm playing devil's advocate as well. You seem to have all the answers here, so how come MBBRL baseball (which was already up and running) was such a drawn out, close-to-the-last-minute thing?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lets not pretend that vacations are so busy that we can't make time...
That's kind of harsh man. Some vacations for people are stay at home ones or ones where it's easy to get away. Other times it could be in a far away location where a fantasy draft in June or July just doesn't make the cut for priorities. You can't just assume someone on vacation can fit in time to do just anything.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Live draft does not equal auto draft, inactiveness or less than 100% participation...why you and smitty see it as fact is beyond me.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on one email address. And two others haven't signed up yet. Once done, I will hit a randomize button on Fantrax so that it's legit. But, can't do that until very one is signed up.

Sorry, one was me. Thought I did the other day, but apparently did not.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have found a nice solution/compromise. Fantrax will email each owner when their pick is up. So I can set the time limit for a pick at 24hrs. Once a pick is made, the next owner gets an email. No one should have any trouble picking within that time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same subject, but just checking things out there at fantrax, going take a little getting use to. Should not be hard, but after using ESPN for so long, I find my self looking for things that on ESPN I knew exactly where they were.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same subject, but just checking things out there at fantrax, going take a little getting use to. Should not be hard, but after using ESPN for so long, I find my self looking for things that on ESPN I knew exactly where they were.

Yeah, you'll get used to it quickly. And the Trading Block is great! ;)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Under 'Team' is 'Team preferences'...very nice options.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under 'Team' is 'Team preferences'...very nice options.
Funny you should say that. I was just trying to figure out how to change the name of my team and after a bit found the team, team preferences. Which didn't take long, but that was why I posted it was going take a bit to find things.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against a queue
an order in anyone's queue can and should change pending on the prior picks that are made ahead of the queued picks
queuing may work out for 1 round but if some one is out for a few rounds well....

I know I rank players but I do not combine positions and thus form a queue

ie. If I'm leaving just as I'm 3 picks away then a queue could work for me but even then it might not
It depends which position goes ahead of me I may not want my top 2 queued guys anymore I may want my 3rd queued guy

and if I'm in another country for 3 days well I sure don't want to leave a 5 or 6 round queue behind
You said that a lot better than I did earlier today.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're all in! Order time!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have found a nice solution/compromise. Fantrax will email each owner when their pick is up. So I can set the time limit for a pick at 24hrs. Once a pick is made, the next owner gets an email. No one should have any trouble picking within that time.
Awesome!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live draft does not equal auto draft, inactiveness or less than 100% participation...why you and smitty see it as fact is beyond me.
My eyeballs see things that not all eyeballs see. It's both a curse and a gift.