• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dyansty League--Draft type

Which type of draft do you prefer?

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that idea. It's been stated that some are up late and are available then.

and they can make their picks... there would be no time of the day that an owner cant make their picks... But it is not fair to have a time limit and have sleeping time count in their time limit...

But truth be told, I don't think we need a limit... the real problem with slow drafts is that people don't even know it is their turn... If we can minimize that problem then we will speed the draft up... and the only problem will be the people that cant pick at work, or will be on vacation, and they will be the problem no matter what system we use...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wondering, what would you think of a dynasty league without any draft and we were all just GIVEN teams... do you think that league would last long??
So I give you one, perfectly realistic example of someone being on a vacation and MAYBE missing one pick. .and suddenly your counter argument is everyone is given their entire team. ..yea, makes sense

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I give you one, perfectly realistic example of someone being on a vacation and MAYBE missing one pick. .and suddenly your counter argument is everyone is given their entire team. ..yea, makes sense

no, that was a hypothetical... my point is that it is very hard to have a good time in these leagues if you are controlling a team that is not your team...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 are only signed up bc the other invites haven't been set yet. I believe 12 have officially been sent out.

Anywho, I never gave a definite time as to what it WILL be for each pick, just that we have the flexibility to do between a minute and 48 hours. I just think it's counter productive to come to the board to make picks, update a list there, when we have that access on Fantrax as well as an updated list of available players.

Get on that shit brah!

(I'm kidding)

I get what yer sayin' on keeping it on Fantrax. Avoids anyone having to enter in 252 picks, re-up the current list, double picks en sech.

(Although I think it'd be good if we can try and keep stuff close to up to date on a draft thread. I don't know about anyone else, but Draft rooms burn my battery quick. Hoop doesn't really. I know a lot of guys are just going to be via mobile while at work.)

My only hangup with where we're at is the folks who have stated they'll be away. (I don't think we'll have to worry about time limits more than just a handful of times outside of that.) I think we need some sort of plan in place to suit them. 24 hours wouldn't bother me, I'd be okay with less if we can make sure those who are away have some kind of out clause so they don't hit their OTC several times during their vacation or whatnot.

That's my ONLY concern. (Well, 100% participation obviously(57). But the extension/out clause is my only concern with that.)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with a 4 hour time limit to make a pick, but special considerations given to previously mentioned vacations and overnight(time zones could cause an issue)

Lets share our phone numbers and get the draft order sorted out and get this business going.
Dang. .trudem's a hardass! Much as I would love this, I think 4 is bit much too stringent. 12-24 seems perfectly reasonable.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, that was a hypothetical... my point is that it is very hard to have a good time in these leagues if you are controlling a team that is not your team...
Well, one player on your team because you weren't committed enough to take your turn in a 12-24 hour period seems fine to me. ..we should all be a little more into it than that.
My counter point to yours would be. ..those owners who don't view this as important enough to find that 15 minutes during their 12-24 hour window must not be too committed, and how fun is it to play in a league with uncommitted owners? Obviously, personal emergencies or whatever excluded

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang. .trudem's a hardass! Much as I would love this, I think 4 is bit much too stringent. 12-24 seems perfectly reasonable.

Like previously mentioned, I think most picks will be made in 15 minutes provided they know they are on the clock. if we can lock down this whole texting business I think this will go off without a hitch

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one player on your team because you weren't committed enough to take your turn in a 12-24 hour period seems fine to me. ..we should all be a little more into it than that.
My counter point to yours would be. ..those owners who don't view this as important enough to find that 15 minutes during their 12-24 hour window must not be too committed, and how fun is it to play in a league with uncommitted owners? Obviously, personal emergencies or whatever excluded

and I agree, but those owners would likely have be auto drafted in a regular draft too... and at least in a slow draft, if we see that an owner doesn't care, we have time to replace him...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with a 4 hour time limit to make a pick, but special considerations given to previously mentioned vacations and overnight(time zones could cause an issue)

Lets share our phone numbers and get the draft order sorted out and get this business going.
My email is already public on Fantrax. Entered my phone number into my profile, but I have no idea how anyone is s'posed to see it.

If anyone figures that out, I'll switch to that tonight. See you boys later.

Don't argue too much without me for the next 5-6 hours.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 teams
10 active owners in these discussions
25 different directions

I say we decide between 12 or 24 hour time limit and some kind of escape clause for being off-line(real life).

get the rest of the owners signed up on Fantrax and start the draft in the next week.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 teams
25 different directions

I say we decide between 12 or 24 hour time limit and some kind of escape clause for being off-line(real life).

get the rest of the owners signed up on Fantrax and start the draft in the next week.

Winner:suds:

Someone get this man a chicken dinner

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 teams
25 different directions

Sounds like we need another poll!!!!!!

tumblr_inline_nmezc5Oxr61qgod0m_500.gif

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say make it 48 hrs... it is kind of a built in escape clause...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't care. Just give me my DRAFT ORDER! :)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Microwahevo , as commish can you suspend/adjust the clock? If so, then let's quit haggling over piddly points.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against a queue
an order in anyone's queue can and should change pending on the prior picks that are made ahead of the queued picks
queuing may work out for 1 round but if some one is out for a few rounds well....

I know I rank players but I do not combine positions and thus form a queue

ie. If I'm leaving just as I'm 3 picks away then a queue could work for me but even then it might not
It depends which position goes ahead of me I may not want my top 2 queued guys anymore I may want my 3rd queued guy

and if I'm in another country for 3 days well I sure don't want to leave a 5 or 6 round queue behind