• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

During off Week Stoops went to a bar in NYC!!!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool story.....New York City has an OU bar..
BTCGndSIgAAwWP1.jpg

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops spent some time last week in New York City.

The Sooners had a bye week so Stoops went to New York to help promote Dove Me+Care in an upcoming campaign.

And on the trip, Stoops made a stop at a local bar called The Mad Hatter. The Mad Hatter advertises itself as the "Oklahoma" bar in New York City.

"I had no idea there was an Oklahoma bar in New York City," Stoops told Sports Illustrated. "I'm glad to be in it. "This is maybe a hair bigger than some of them we have in Norman, but it's got a great feel to it. It look like people have a lot of fun in here, great place, great bar. It's got the crimson chairs, so it's a great looking place.

"And I love seeing that OU fag up there."

Sports Illustrated reported Stoops interacted with some of the waiters a few of the English soccer fans who were in the bar on Friday afternoon. Stoops joked that he was the guy they "always see yelling on TV."

"I bet they had a really good time a few weeks ago when we came back against Tennessee," Stoops told Sports Illustrated. "They asked me about coming by here so I thought I'd love to walk in an Oklahoma bar in New York City."

Stoops even sampled a bit of the food, which has an Oklahoma theme to it on game days. He ordered some wings and a burger with fries.

"You've got to go with both," Stoops said to SI. "Those are long days, gamedays."

Mad-Hatter-Outdoors-e1441299372825.jpg

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my daughter got this one 5 or 6 years ago. it's in Manhattan. I guess it's still open, but don't know.

DSC00095.jpg

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool story.....New York City has an OU bar..
View attachment 35129

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops spent some time last week in New York City.

The Sooners had a bye week so Stoops went to New York to help promote Dove Me+Care in an upcoming campaign.

And on the trip, Stoops made a stop at a local bar called The Mad Hatter. The Mad Hatter advertises itself as the "Oklahoma" bar in New York City.

"I had no idea there was an Oklahoma bar in New York City," Stoops told Sports Illustrated. "I'm glad to be in it. "This is maybe a hair bigger than some of them we have in Norman, but it's got a great feel to it. It look like people have a lot of fun in here, great place, great bar. It's got the crimson chairs, so it's a great looking place.

"And I love seeing that OU fag up there."

Sports Illustrated reported Stoops interacted with some of the waiters a few of the English soccer fans who were in the bar on Friday afternoon. Stoops joked that he was the guy they "always see yelling on TV."

"I bet they had a really good time a few weeks ago when we came back against Tennessee," Stoops told Sports Illustrated. "They asked me about coming by here so I thought I'd love to walk in an Oklahoma bar in New York City."

Stoops even sampled a bit of the food, which has an Oklahoma theme to it on game days. He ordered some wings and a burger with fries.

"You've got to go with both," Stoops said to SI. "Those are long days, gamedays."

View attachment 35130

NYC has tons of bars like this. There's one for Ohio State I've been to as well as ones for the Steelers, Raiders and god help us the Cowboys.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome. Well, if there is ever a time I am in NYC on a gameday. I know were I am going.

53890126.jpg