• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A has never been more right. Durant had the right to do this but I have to be consistent. I called Lebron a sidekick when he went to Miami and now that is exactly what Durant is, a bandwagon sidekick. No other way to say it.

But LeBron was NOT the sidekick in Miami, he proved it. Durant really may be the sidekick. But so the hell what? Dude wants a ring, and as we see all over these boards, rings are how we judge the greats no matter who their teams are. Not how I do it, but KD is just dealing with sports fandom as it is.

Also he probably doesn't care what a bunch of random internet NBA fans think, but his family and friends and his own self matter. As it should be.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this commercial appears on my youtube... awkward... :ipw:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs are a championship team, then they add a TOP 3

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be fun to watch, but not sure this move makes GSW a significantly better team.

What does Durant bring to the team? He'll be the third best shooter who takes shots away from the two superior shooters or he supersedes Klay as the second best shooter on the team and potentially impacting team chemistry. In other words, he adds to what they already do well.

Also, can they get Durant to play defense at the level of Green, Thompson and Igoudala? Probably not.

Does this move address the "needs" of the Warriors? Probably not. There weakness was interior play. My opinion is that they would have been better off pursuing a rim protector who would enable them to high pressure on the perimeter and create a faster tempo resulting in even more transition threes.

On paper this could be the greatest team ever assembled offensively, but I think there are enough questions to not ordain them champs quite yet.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still surreal for me. Been a GSW fan since 77-78. The Cohan years were so bad no player would come here unless the Ws drastically overpaid.

Oh he's getting very paid

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Dubs to get Nowitzki now. He could come off the bench and knock down some triples. It'd be AWESOME...
Meanwhile the Lakers have become irrelevant.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But LeBron was NOT the sidekick in Miami, he proved it. Durant really may be the sidekick. But so the hell what? Dude wants a ring, and as we see all over these boards, rings are how we judge the greats no matter who their teams are. Not how I do it, but KD is just dealing with sports fandom as it is.

Also he probably doesn't care what a bunch of random internet NBA fans think, but his family and friends and his own self matter. As it should be.

I read that Durant's mother really wanted him out of OKC. Maybe that was a big factor. Durant will not be a sidekick. He'll probably lead the Warriors in scoring next season and he would be one the Warriors' leading rebounders.

Reactions: LAD

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny he always espoused the desire to remain with one franchise his whole career like Mike, Kobe, etc.

Farewell Slim. We had some good times. If you continue to play like you're a ball-handling guard you'll continue to contribute to your team failing when needed most.

Don't let the door hit ya.

I would assume next years MVP will be one and done as well. As a Thunder fan, it's actually exciting to see what magic Presti and Donovan can do now with more less-effective pieces. We can shed the Singlers and Foyes and get guys that have more talent and youth.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And...?

Knew they weren't gonna contend this season anyway, so what's you're point...?

That they won't be contending next year, or the year after that, or the year after that...

:bolt: :peep: