• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Duke vs Kentucky Tuesday Nov. 17, 7:30pm ESPN

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but Kentucky got to the rim easily through Duke's lack of defense. The Blue Devils couldn't stay in front of their man. Shades of early season last year. Coach K has a lot of work ahead with this team. Cal had the Wildcats ready to play tonight too.

First time since 98 I think

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total dominance by UK tonight. Duke's defense is bad and UK's offense was much better. Duke couldn't hit a shot and Allen was awful. UK's guards controlled the game from the outset. Good game UK. You definitely deserved the win.
Both teams will be so much better in March, FF threats for sure. For Duke, damn, Matt Jones can stroke it. I see them working through Ingram more once he figures it out, freeing upJones, Grayson and Kennard for 3's, and their bigs to clean up on the boards. For UK, they will be great on D, impossible topress, and nearly impossible to man up. Will have to prove they can defeat a lot of zone and keep their bigs out of foul trouble

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total dominance by UK tonight. Duke's defense is bad and UK's offense was much better. Duke couldn't hit a shot and Allen was awful. UK's guards controlled the game from the outset. Good game UK. You definitely deserved the win.
It's early Douggie.....both of these teams will only get better as the season progresses. I think for at least the next couple of seasons Kentucky and Duke will both be strong contenders for the final four. BTW how many more Plumlees are in waiting to play at Duke. Seems like at least one has been playing at Duke for the last 15 years...

On another note this should help take you mind off the game.....how bout some Pink Floyd album covers?

Don's Pics (75).jpg

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early Douggie.....both of these teams will only get better as the season progresses. I think for at least the next couple of seasons Kentucky and Duke will both be strong contenders for the final four. BTW how many more Plumlees are in waiting to play at Duke. Seems like at least one has been playing at Duke for the last 15 years...

On another note this should help take you mind off the game.....how bout some Pink Floyd album covers?

View attachment 53180

I'm "comfortably numb" Tango.:lol:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams will be so much better in March, FF threats for sure. For Duke, damn, Matt Jones can stroke it. I see them working through Ingram more once he figures it out, freeing upJones, Grayson and Kennard for 3's, and their bigs to clean up on the boards. For UK, they will be great on D, impossible topress, and nearly impossible to man up. Will have to prove they can defeat a lot of zone and keep their bigs out of foul trouble

The bright spot for Duke was last season's role players. UK is loaded. If Skai stays out of foul trouble and Murray is a beast.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bright spot for Duke was last season's role players. UK is loaded. If Skai stays out of foul trouble and Murray is a beast.
I liked Duke's freshman PG. I think they are much better with him running the show

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Duke's freshman PG. I think they are much better with him running the show

Ullis looked better. But again, the defense is a work in progress. Duke's offense was way off tonight. Turnovers was the key. 15 for Duke and 8 for UK.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ullis looked better. But again, the defense is a work in progress. Duke's offense was way off tonight. Turnovers was the key. 15 for Duke and 8 for UK.
It's interesting watching Kansas-Michigan State, both teams are outstanding but it doesn't look like there's anywhere near the quickness and athletes on the court last game

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting watching Kansas-Michigan State, both teams are outstanding but it doesn't look like there's anywhere near the quickness and athletes on the court last game

:lol: Both teams look so old.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke did hit the glass well which is nice. Plumlee with the first 9 points, who would have ever called that one? Duke did seem bothered by Kentucky's defense and they couldn't get back in transition to stop Kentucky. Also (at least in the first half) I saw a lot of rushed 3s which missed and as a result break out points for KY.

Allen was not on his game and the length of KY killed him. I do think a few drives he got screwed by a foul not being called but for the most part he was just outmatched.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they say during that game that Mich St. Had 9 of 11 of their top players returning. If so , how are they ranked 13

:scratch:
not exactly sure...
but I'd bet the 'manipulation of rankings' issue is covered in Mark Hollis' graft, corruption & propaganda budget.
:nod:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well wish I wasn't a betting man last night. big 0 for 2

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
not exactly sure...
but I'd bet the 'manipulation of rankings' issue is covered in Mark Hollis' graft, corruption & propaganda budget.
:nod:

Looked pretty damn good to me.

Reactions: H2S

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked pretty damn good to me.

yah, they did, when it counted...
couple more games like that and it's going to be really hard to keep their rankings modest.

Sports Illustrated cover curses ain't in it, DEPT...

Before the game last night, fat fuck dickwad Seth Greenberg predicted MSU would be this season's National Champions.

:L

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky is comically overrated.
LOL.

Also, the hate in this thread is hilarious. Kentucky won that game cleanly, and pretty easily might I add. Jamal Murray is a monster, and I also loved Ulis' aggression as well. Briscoe looks to be promising on the defensive end, hopefully him not playing much towards the end of the game was precautionary. Skal hasn't impressed me much in his first few games, either. Thought he'd be the main one to look out for, but he's been kinda flat.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Also, the hate in this thread is hilarious. Kentucky won that game cleanly, and pretty easily might I add. Jamal Murray is a monster, and I also loved Ulis' aggression as well. Briscoe looks to be promising on the defensive end, hopefully him not playing much towards the end of the game was precautionary. Skal hasn't impressed me much in his first few games, either. Thought he'd be the main one to look out for, but he's been kinda flat.

If Kentucky can keep that defense up and have it lead to fast break points they are going to be scary good this year!