• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke Fan Gonna Take Lumps - Let Me Have It

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans also weren't arguing for a #1 seed. Like all conferences, the members of the ACC play each other. What do you think made them so great? All but one team of the nine in the tournament didn't make it to the second weekend.

I hope your argument is not one stating that 2 games in a 1 and done format is then be all end all for conference strength.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you think pretty highly of yourself...they lost, South Carolina won...whatever

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really rip Duke for this loss. That was a pure home game for SC.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your argument is not one stating that 2 games in a 1 and done format is then be all end all for conference strength.

Nope. You're right, of course. But, consider this from an article I read this morning: Welcome to March Madness, where Duke’s unpredictable season ends predictably

"The NCAA Tournament once again reminded us that our predictions are meaningless. Our expectations are worthless. Our prognostications pointless. Villanova vs. Duke was the presumptive regional final matchup in the East.

"Those teams have a cakewalk to the Elite Eight
, was the general consensus. . . .

"What was thought to be one of the best rosters in college basketball in the past half-decade only briefly, in flashes, showed why that conjecture was accurate. Duke goes down as a tease, a disappointment, a team that could only occasionally put it all together but seemed destined to finish in the most predictably unpredictable way possible: losing a de facto road game against a team almost nobody predicted would beat them."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really rip Duke for this loss. That was a pure home game for SC.

and SC played their hearts out the entire game.. It would be nice to see them win it all but I doubt they will