• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke Fan Gonna Take Lumps - Let Me Have It

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.... I;m here... to take my lumps

Let me have it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennard certainly didn't have it last night

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1161849981-NCAA-tournament-Day-recap-Down-goes-Duke.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're, their...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BE SURE NOT TO TRIP ANYONE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina was just the better team in my opinion.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.... I;m here... to take my lumps

Let me have it

Hey, redseat, this is not about you. This is about a Duke team that has been inconsistent all season. At most, they should have been a #3 seed (a #2 was stretching it) while many Duke fans insisted they were a #1. I never bought the argument that the committee should cut them slack because they had injuries or because their HOF coach decided to have back surgery and yadda, yadda, yadda. All teams suffer injuries, and coaches get sick or have surgery--yet people wouldn't accept those excuses for a lackluster season from them. That's part of the game, and they have to deal with it.

Duke's team included a lot of talented players. Yes, they won four games in four days, but that did not make up for their flaws. And, as it turns out, the ACC wasn't all that in this tournament either. Michigan also won four games in four days AFTER a harrowing plane incident, had injuries or illness that plagued the team during the season, and didn't get the benefit of that for seeding. I didn't expect them to in the same way many Duke fans expected their team to be a #1 seed.

The committee fell into the same trap previous committees have: Believing the ACC and especially Duke is first and always the best team in the best conference. People like Coach K and think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Duke has benefited from being treated favorably in seeding and/or in their path to the championship year after year. This year, the chickens came home to roost. And, it wasn't the first time.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens bro.

Being a 1 or 2 seed and bombing out first weekend is one of the worst feelings in sports. It's like being teased and teased and teased by a chick and then she friendzones you or starts dating your buddy.

I really don't think there was any reason. I really honestly think that if you reshuffled the cards and did it again this year, Duke could get hot and win. Anybody who thinks Duke cannot beat S. Carolina the majority of times they play (even in Greensville) is a moron.

But answer this ... would you have rather have won the ACC tournament and having your team tease you with being the 'real Duke' and bomb out 1st weekend ... or ... have lost to Louisville, gone in as a 4 seed, had no expectations ... and been meh about going out 1st weekend?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, redseat, this is not about you. This is about a Duke team that has been inconsistent all season. At most, they should have been a #3 seed (a #2 was stretching it) while many Duke fans insisted they were a #1. I never bought the argument that the committee should cut them slack because they had injuries or because their HOF coach decided to have back surgery and yadda, yadda, yadda. All teams suffer injuries, and coaches get sick or have surgery--yet people wouldn't accept those excuses for a lackluster season from them. That's part of the game, and they have to deal with it.

Duke's team included a lot of talented players. Yes, they won four games in four days, but that did not make up for their flaws. And, as it turns out, the ACC wasn't all that in this tournament either. Michigan also won four games in four days AFTER a harrowing plane incident, had injuries or illness that plagued the team during the season, and didn't get the benefit of that for seeding. I didn't expect them to in the same way many Duke fans expected their team to be a #1 seed.

The committee fell into the same trap previous committees have: Believing the ACC and especially Duke is first and always the best team in the best conference. People like Coach K and think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Duke has benefited from being treated favorably in seeding and/or in their path to the championship year after year. This year, the chickens came home to roost. And, it wasn't the first time.

You are right, they were way too inconsistant and as I said earlier in the year they got all screwed up with Tatum, Giles and compnay got "healthy" and came back in.. Seemed to ruin team chemistry. With that said, obviously Duke would have not been where they were without them but it started there. Then Tripgate happened and screwed up things even more.

I don't get how basically SC got a home-game versus Duke but oh well, Duke just didn't get it done regardless (so that's a mute point). I didn't think they desevred # 1 seed at all. IF they had won then yes, obviously.. I did think # 2 seed was a little high but I can't complain, im a fan, lol.

The Committee f'd up everyone this year imo

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, they were way too inconsistant and as I said earlier in the year they got all screwed up with Tatum, Giles and compnay got "healthy" and came back in.. Seemed to ruin team chemistry. With that said, obviously Duke would have not been where they were without them but it started there. Then Tripgate happened and screwed up things even more.

I don't get how basically SC got a home-game versus Duke but oh well, Duke just didn't get it done regardless (so that's a mute point). I didn't think they desevred # 1 seed at all. IF they had won then yes, obviously.. I did think # 2 seed was a little high but I can't complain, im a fan, lol.

The Committee f'd up everyone this year imo

Exactly.