• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DT could be out a while

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. DT is one of the more physical WRs and is respected around the league as one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. How many games has he missed in his career? Not many. That doesn't sound like soft to me.

Yeah I wasn't trying to make it sound like he isn't a physical receiver. More that after a game he always seems to be nicked up but then is right back on the field the next week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that Carl. Seems like DT always has a time a game where your heart skips a beat, he removes himself for a few plays then comes back in.

Early in his career DT was an injury concern, has stayed healthy ever seen the torn achilles his second season.

I will never forget DT in college in that triple option at GT. GT would throw 8 times a game. Usually would complete 1 or two passes and usually for a TD to DT. I remember looking at the box score a lot and DT would have 1 catch 68 yards a TD. Next week 2 catches 109 yards 1 TD.

Always thought about picking him up in my college fantasy league but the catch total just wasn't worth it.
Random flashback

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that Carl. Seems like DT always has a time a game where your heart skips a beat, he removes himself for a few plays then comes back in.

Early in his career DT was an injury concern, has stayed healthy ever seen the torn achilles his second season.

I will never forget DT in college in that triple option at GT. GT would throw 8 times a game. Usually would complete 1 or two passes and usually for a TD to DT. I remember looking at the box score a lot and DT would have 1 catch 68 yards a TD. Next week 2 catches 109 yards 1 TD.

Always thought about picking him up in my college fantasy league but the catch total just wasn't worth it.
Random flashback

Makes me laugh that 2 of the best WR's the NFL has seen over the past 15 or so years both played for Georgia Tech. How in the world does that happen?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right?

Speaking of great WR's. I am surprised more of the random fanbase doesn't discuss Antonio Brown in the top 5 WR's of all time. I saw people discussing other WR's in the league the other day, but no mention of Brown. He could end up the #2 WR of all time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right?

Speaking of great WR's. I am surprised more of the random fanbase doesn't discuss Antonio Brown in the top 5 WR's of all time. I saw people discussing other WR's in the league the other day, but no mention of Brown. He could end up the #2 WR of all time.

Why would Washington spend all that money for Norman and let Brown run wild. Maybe Gettleman was on to something. Norman is really just a zone guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Washington spend all that money for Norman and let Brown run wild. Maybe Gettleman was on to something. Norman is really just a zone guy.

Well it also though could be a bit of a lose/lose situation. The young Corners going against us couldn't cover at all. There were plays where Siemian was getting the ball out in less than .5 seconds because of their lack of coverage ability. So then that minimizes the ability of the Front-7 that is supposed to be so deadly. Norman was a perfect fit for what the Panthers love to do.

What I see in Washington though is that they are not using him anywhere near the same way the Panthers did. This is the whole some Corners are just built for certain types of systems more than others. We saw the same thing with Oakland on Sunday with Sean Smith. With the Chiefs in their press-man coverage style Sean Smith is great because he has the size and hand technique to really throw receivers off and allow a pass rush to get home. Oakland plays an off-man/zone type coverage where Smith doesn't have the stop and go ability to stick with WR's. So honestly we could see both sides of the Norman deal lose in this situation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that was Norman's first game in Washington. He may be learning the defense still before he locks down on the #1.

And lets also remember. Breshaud Breeland has been a very good CB in this league his first 3 years. He struggled last night but who hasn't hasn't against Antonio Brown? Even Chris Harris did which is about the only WR I have seen him struggle against. Breeland was on pro bowl level last year and he is use to that side of the field. Redskins have confidence in him enough to not have to move Norman around learning all the different formations where he can just focus on his island.