• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drinking booze inside CFB stadiums.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcohol Advertising
The NCAA is concerned about alcohol abuse linked to athletics events. As a result, the Association strictly limits alcohol advertising during championship events and works to educate student-athletes and fans about the abuses of alcohol.

As with all NCAA policy, this is one determined not by the NCAA national office staff but by leadership from the membership. The NCAA provides its members with resources to assist in educating student-athletes and creating and maintaining an environment that promotes healthy choices about alcohol.

Championship Policy -

The NCAA has for years banned sales and venue advertising of all alcohol at its 88 championships. Host sites are required to cover up any ads for alcoholic drinks.
The NCAA does not control the regular season in any sport, nor does it run the postseason for the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision. Individual schools and conferences oversee the regular season, including game operations, broadcasting and advertising. The postseason for Division I Football Bowl Subdivision is controlled by the Bowl Championship Series and individual bowl committees.
Advertising Policy -

•The NCAA limits alcohol advertising during telecasts of its championships to no more than 60 seconds per hour during a broadcast, and it prohibits ads for all beverages where the alcoholic content exceeds six percent. Many of the alcohol ads contain language stressing the legal and responsible use of alcohol.
•Pregame and postgame telecasts are not under NCAA control and not subject to NCAA policy.
•In August 2008, the NCAA Executive Committee affirmed the Association's alcohol policy, including for advertising, describing it as very conservative and appropriate. Moreover, there have not been any proposals from the NCAA membership to change the Association's alcohol advertising policy.

thats what I said schools and stuff control that ish

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Brasky. But just having it there would you two go as hard per game?

41sTGHSGSHL._SY300_.jpg

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good friend's brother in law has a belly strap that he fills with a giant vodka mix drink. He's already a chubby guy so it just looks like he has a large belly and security isn't tight enough for cops to pat down his stomach. He has had his tix for a while and the people around him drink off of it too.

Similar to this:

5005B866.jpg

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stadium/Arena beers are just too damn expensive. I'd sneak in something before I bought anything at a game. ONE fucking bottle of Bud Light was $7 at the Music City Bowl :gaah:. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's more expensive at Titans games.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best stadium to drink in......LSU. They just don't care what you bring into that place :suds:

Unless you are a student. If you aren't they wont even pretend to frisk. IF you are a student you could swear you are getting onto an airplane.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hummus is not tailgating fare. I like it around the house or at a tapas bar, but not next to my ribs or chicken or baked beans and slaw. :nono:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hummus is not tailgating fare. I like it around the house or at a tapas bar, but not next to my ribs or chicken or baked beans and slaw. :nono:

Oysters.... Steamed with Tabasco twice a year. My fav tailgate good. Try to do dungeness crab now and again too.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cost of beer at a venue these days I sidestep it all and walk in with my own plastic jug of Ol' Granddads and say fuck em all.

I paid like $20 for 2 drinks with the ol' Mamba @ halftime a few nites ago...FUCK THAT in the future.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a favorite tailgate food because in the words of Colonel Sanders, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken".

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like another UT person mentioned above, it's really, really hot and humid in September in Austin. But everyone drinks BIGTIME before the games, and many of course have flasks to take in. Also, are a number of dehydration emergences in the heat.

I'm not really sure what I think about it. I think it'll end up being a wash, with not as much binge drinking beforehand.

The big loser I see will be Sholz Beer Garden, the local watering hole down the street from the stadium.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, the thought of Oysters in 100 degee heat makes me woozy. But fajitas with lots of jalepenos, that sounds 'bout right.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None at PSU and I dont think there was booze at any other places ive seen games at (VT, Vandy, Ole Miss)

Definitely got blasted at the orange bowl for the PSU FSU game awhile back