• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drinking booze inside CFB stadiums.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your school allow it? I just saw Minnesota and West Va are doing it the last year or so. At West Va the season they sold booze at the games actually came with a decrease in alcohol related problems.

Texas and Patterson are experimenting with hoops then on to football possibly.

I can say that tailgating for nearly 20 years every fall Saturday when my Ducks are playing has taught me this. Get loaded at the tailgater then go to game. No booze in the seats. We have a beer garden which is actually the Ducks indoor practice facility. People go there or their rigs to load up as quick as possible in 20 minutes. Results are people getting back to their seats half way through the third and a lot of drunk folks.

Maybe it is time to reconsider beer n wine at the games. Of course a family non alcohol section should be an option for those that don't want to be around it. If you know it is in the stadium, the pile driving drinks at the tailgater may decrease to just a few casual drinks. Then an 8 buck beer or two inside.

Thoughts? What does your cfb stadium have for booze options?

Oh, and happy drankin :suds:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not allowed at any Nebraska athletic venue.

A lot of that had to do with Tom Osborne, so now that he's no longer AD that might change. My understanding is that selling booze is a literal goldmine in untapped additional revenue. So expect to see more of it.

Creighton has alcohol sales at it's basketball games. Of course they're Catholic do-gooders.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of a lost cause to keep booze out of the stadium. Coors is a huge sponsor of Oregon Athletics.

They are telling you, get shit faced out in the parking lots then come on in. What is the difference?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, the NCAA outlawed it a while ago, and is testing the reintroduction at several schools. The early results from a NCAA study so far: If you let the school sell booze you have less fights and fewer alcohol related paramedic calls. Hmmmmm this took research? Generally we find that there is a correlation between schools not selling alcohol in the stadiums and binge drinking prior to the game (in excess) that results in more problems than selling alcohol does.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best stadium to drink in......LSU. They just don't care what you bring into that place :suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, the NCAA outlawed it a while ago, and is testing the reintroduction at several schools. The early results from a NCAA study so far: If you let the school sell booze you have less fights and fewer alcohol related paramedic calls. Hmmmmm this took research? Generally we find that there is a correlation between schools not selling alcohol in the stadiums and binge drinking prior to the game (in excess) that results in more problems than selling alcohol does.

Interesting professor. I thought it was something like that. Good to know.

How in the heck do they decide who gets to experiment? Lol , I feel left out.

I have seen as many beer bongs in my life than a hundred people should see. The new thing the last 5 years or so, the kids are beer bonging half whiskey half water or soda. Lots of blamblance calls.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No booze in college stadiums!
I am 100% against it.

College Football attracts a wealthier, smarter, and better behaved fanbase to the games.
The NFL tends to attract a more rowdy crowd.

CFB attracts fans who understand that drinking on a Saturday is a lot different than a work or school night.

Who decides to get staggering sloppy drunk in the middle of a Sunday afternoon....but I digress...

There is plenty of time to tailgate and enjoy the co-eds before the game.
Heck, you can start tailgating at 7am and gawk at the HOTTIES all you want, but those 3 stadium hours should be a sobriety experience for everyone.

3 Hours to sober up is a great idea for everyone involved.

Lack of Alcohol is 1 of about 100 reasons the college game-day experience is much better than the pro game day experience.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best stadium to drink in......LSU. They just don't care what you bring into that place :suds:

I swear that is what they are doing at Autzen. Booze is so easy to get in and out. Nobody even looks sideways at it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No booze in college stadiums!
I am 100% against it.

College Football attracts a wealthier, smarter, and better behaved fanbase to the games.
The NFL tends to attract a more rowdy crowd.

CFB attracts fans who understand that drinking on a Saturday is a lot different than a work or school night.

Who decides to get staggering sloppy drunk in the middle of a Sunday afternoon....but I digress...

There is plenty of time to tailgate and enjoy the co-eds before the game.
Heck, you can start tailgating at 7am and gawk at the HOTTIES all you want, but those 3 stadium hours should be a sobriety experience for everyone.

3 Hours to sober up is a great idea for everyone involved.

Lack of Alcohol is 1 of about 100 reasons the college game-day experience is much better than the pro game day experience.

Well u are getting booze at UT games soon.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say when I was an undergrad on the Farm, I used to roll in with a 5th in each pant leg under a baggy shirt, no one looked twice. Mamba half whiskey and half water, my pregame was to beer bong a 5th of beam (not a good idea kids, I remember none of those games) or about a fifth of tequilla in upside down margaritas.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear that is what they are doing at Autzen. Booze is so easy to get in and out. Nobody even looks sideways at it.

We got caught by security once and they told us to just make sure they don't see it again. Sat by a girl with about 5-6 liters in her purse one year. She was kind enough to give us a whole bottle since Auburn was getting killed

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a beer bong that was a five gallon bucket with about 10 hoses coming out of it recently.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome, now the first aid designated areas will be even more crowded with drunk as hell students passing out from dehydration b/c the temps in September inside DKR tend to range between 105-115 degrees!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome, now the first aid designated areas will be even more crowded with drunk as hell students passing out from dehydration b/c the temps in September inside DKR tend to range between 105-115 degrees!

Yikes! Stay hydrated horns. That is crazy hot....

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booze it up. If you don't want to drink, don't drink....watch the games at church. Security fixes stupid.

For bball, this is nothing new depending on the venue. UofL games....Was at the Yum Center a couple of years back and they have a couple of bars in the place....and beer is around every corner.

Good people do just fine. Assholes are assholes even sober.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^lol^^^ douggie and I have avi bets for every duke and SU match up. It's been fun. I got the first one and then the coach went all hulk and shit the second game.:nod:

Living the dream man.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of a lost cause to keep booze out of the stadium. Coors is a huge sponsor of Oregon Athletics.

They are telling you, get shit faced out in the parking lots then come on in. What is the difference?

Even if we started allowing it I'd still pregame. I'm not spending 9 bucks on a beer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Starkville we snuck it in, so no. Wear boots or find a chick to put it in hee purse. Pretty easy to sneak in actually.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about beer though, I think they sell it but too expense for one beer. That's what pregame tailgating is for.