• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Brees's head shouldn't be attached right now

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but laugh, every time I see that hit. Brees' eyes were all bugged out and then instantly closed. :laugh3:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Kam's hit on Vernon Davis last year, if the refs see a head snap back they throw the flag whether it was a clean hit or not. It sucks but that's today's NFL.

VernonDavisCrushed_original.gif

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Kam's hit on Vernon Davis last year, if the refs see a head snap back they throw the flag whether it was a clean hit or not. It sucks but that's today's NFL.

VernonDavisCrushed_original.gif

Kam did it by the book there… Didn't use his helmet at all and followed through with his arms and shoulder…

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "forcible hit to neck area" is in question, just like the Brees incident. Until they clarify that rule there will be controversy.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam did it by the book there… Didn't use his helmet at all and followed through with his arms and shoulder…

That hit on Davis was so (legally) hard that 40 years from now, one of his grandkids is going feel it. Just walking down the street and <BAM!>. What the hell hit me??!!>>

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's see it at full speed.
kamhit.gif

I could watch that over and over!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call for a flag there EVER… It was a clean hit… Like Lewis said he was hit in the chest and as he went down his neck went to his arm… This is not a concussion issue and it certainly wasn't head hunting like the NFL doesn't want now day's… That was a great football play taken away by BS…

Stu, we got to watch that replay SO many times so it's easier for us to sit here and say it was a clean hit. The refs at the game however are different, they have to watch the game in full speed and players nowadays are much faster and quicker. Brooks hit Brees within the head and neck area, the refs are going to call that 99 out of 100 on a QBs like Brees, Manny, and Brady.

They don't have the luxury of watching the replays million times on every calls, so shit happens and the refs are human too. There are worst calls than this. :L

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hit by Kam if i remember correctly did not draw a fine. unlike Brooks hit, Kam's was to the chest.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stu, we got to watch that replay SO many times so it's easier for us to sit here and say it was a clean hit. The refs at the game however are different, they have to watch the game in full speed and players nowadays are much faster and quicker. Brooks hit Brees within the head and neck area, the refs are going to call that 99 out of 100 on a QBs like Brees, Manny, and Brady.

They don't have the luxury of watching the replays million times on every calls, so shit happens and the refs are human too. There are worst calls than this. :L

:agree:
They see the head snap back, the flag comes out. That's just how they're instructed to call it. Whether that's a good thing or not is certainly up for debate but they don't look at a replay to nit pick exactly how the hit happened, head whips back = flag.

I would call that hit on Brees clean but in real time the refs saw his neck snap so they threw the flag. I don't always agree with those calls but at least they're reasonably consistent with that one these days, unlike a lot of their other calls.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are human… BUT this play is not even close to being called not long ago.. I thought the issue was concussions and now it seems there going over the top with personal foul calls that have nothing to do with the head or concussions… Brooks made a great play and it's should a been Niners ball… If you watch Ray Lewis he makes a great point and even the other commentators are saying what is he suppose to do in that situations ? It's all happens so fast and your trying to make a play as a defender so it's hard to always be perfect how you hit the guy… The game is unbalanced towards the offense right now in the NFL… And hey man why not make these call's reviewable ? Let the refs use the technology they do with every touchdown noway's why not on big personal foul play's or PI's that can affect the outcome of a game ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmad Brooks Shocked by Late-Game Penalty

Sorry that is straight up a foul any way you look at it. Had he maybe not wrapped him up then MAYBE but he threw him down by his Head. Nothing to argue that is plain and simple a foul and he was fined as such. Whiner fans have NOTHING to cry about. Cut up the video and not show the whole thing all you want.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are human… BUT this play is not even close to being called not long ago.. I thought the issue was concussions and now it seems there going over the top with personal foul calls that have nothing to do with the head or concussions… Brooks made a great play and it's should a been Niners ball… If you watch Ray Lewis he makes a great point and even the other commentators are saying what is he suppose to do in that situations ? It's all happens so fast and your trying to make a play as a defender so it's hard to always be perfect how you hit the guy… The game is unbalanced towards the offense right now in the NFL… And hey man why not make these call's reviewable ? Let the refs use the technology they do with every touchdown noway's why not on big personal foul play's or PI's that can affect the outcome of a game ?

The game changes, either the players learn to adapt or live with the consequences that may cost his team. And obviously with Brooks being fined meant the league thought it was justifiable. I also agree that the game is unbalanced right now in favors of the offense, but even if you make the play review able in this case, I feel like it's going to justify the flag even more the way Brees' head moved like that.

Also, the issue isn't concussions alone, the issue is player safety on certain hits that could be career threatening or life threatening.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game changes, either the players learn to adapt or live with the consequences that may cost his team. And obviously with Brooks being fined meant the league thought it was justifiable. I also agree that the game is unbalanced right now in favors of the offense, but even if you make the play review able in this case, I feel like it's going to justify the flag even more the way Brees' head moved like that.

Also, the issue isn't concussions alone, the issue is player safety on certain hits that could be career threatening or life threatening.

I think almost every tackle can look bad in slow motion…. These guy's are strong and when they hit you your body is gonna move a little … We don't want anyone to die out there obviously and the league already took giant steps forward on late hits and defenseless receivers also head spiking with the helmet… We can't protect them from getting a fat lip as well… The line has to be drawn somewhere or were just gonna eliminate tackling a qb all together… 2 hand touch when they drop back… Also OL chop blocking towards DL man's knees and somehow that's ok ? League needs to balance this out…

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmad Brooks Shocked by Late-Game Penalty

Sorry that is straight up a foul any way you look at it. Had he maybe not wrapped him up then MAYBE but he threw him down by his Head. Nothing to argue that is plain and simple a foul and he was fined as such. Whiner fans have NOTHING to cry about. Cut up the video and not show the whole thing all you want.

The first thought I had was why didn't Brooks use his left arm & body for tackling and his right
arm to swat the ball from Brees' grasp. Drew had it low and loose.

Back in the day, LT used to burn the corner and drill the QB but he had his right paw out
to swat the ball from Neil Lomax, Jaworski, DWhite and Theismann.

Even our own CC does a good job of turning the corner and looking to swat the rock from the
backside as he tackles the QB.

A garbage call but pass rushers, especially quick edge guys, need to be more cognizant to attack the football or they will pay the piper and Goodell's coffer, too.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite era of football is w/out question was from around 1984 to 1995 and
especially the NFC.

The conference had some of the bad @$$ D's of all time though many were
overshadowed by the Bears' 46.

During that era, the Bears, Giants, Eagles, Saints, 9er's, Cowboys and even
some Skin's had great D's and it was as entertaining of football as I'll ever
witness.

I remember this hit like it was yesterday because it was in my football days.
The Huskies rocked from 90-93 and this NYG at SF was a classic 1990 NFCCG game.
I believe this was the SB when NYG beat Buffalo on that missed fg kick.

Leonard Marshall drilled Joe Montana from the backside and with the crown of
his helmet in Joe's upperback area.

That was real football, no flag, no fines, just a brutal battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Brooks attacking the ball, I found a LT swipe on Jim Harbaugh after finding the LM hit
on Montana. :yahoo:

Check out the :56 you tube. LT did this on a weekly basis. LT attacks the ball and there was nobody
better, nobody.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21G-xpFdcM"]Lawrence Taylor vs Jim Harbaugh - YouTube[/ame]

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite era of football is w/out question was from around 1984 to 1995 and
especially the NFC.

The conference had some of the bad @$$ D's of all time though many were
overshadowed by the Bears' 46.

During that era, the Bears, Giants, Eagles, Saints, 9er's, Cowboys and even
some Skin's had great D's and it was as entertaining of football as I'll ever
witness.

I remember this hit like it was yesterday because it was in my football days.
The Huskies rocked from 90-93 and this NYG at SF was a classic 1990 NFCCG game.
I believe this was the SB when NYG beat Buffalo on that missed fg kick.

Leonard Marshall drilled Joe Montana from the backside and with the crown of
his helmet in Joe's upperback area.

That was real football, no flag, no fines, just a brutal battle.

Leonard Marshall's Sack of Montana in the 1990 NFC Championship Game - YouTube

Personal foul!!!!! 15 yards 49rs first down!! Man I miss hearing Madden and Pat together… Memories! Thankfully we have the old tapes… And Madden 2001 and 2002 !

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was Montana's last game as an elite QB due to the elbow injury he sustained from a blindside hit to the back of the neck. So, the NFL's most prized possession is destroyed and although he was already long in the tooth, he was not able to continue to show his talent in a meaningful way.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal foul!!!!! 15 yards 49rs first down!! Man I miss hearing Madden and Pat together… Memories! Thankfully we have the old tapes… And Madden 2001 and 2002 !

I think Summerall was the best play by play guy ever. Madden was good at color but then he got that love affair with Favre and all that yellow pen garbage in diagramming plays. Too commercial.

Montana still could've gotten clocked but it would've been just been a penalty and fine.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning but i remember the classic games among the Bears, Giants, Skins, Eagles, Cowboys and hate to say it but the 9er's, too, because of Pat and John. I loved the NFC and CBS defensive wars over the AFC and NBC offensive affairs.

Given the fierceness of the games in that era, there weren't many Qb's that got smoked. Look at the length of careers for Elway, Marino, Kelly, Moon. Aikman had concussions and Montana got jacked but that could've happened anytime. Favre is an anomaly but he's the iron man at the position. what did he have? 200+ starts?

Today's game is for p&ssies and is tailored for the popularity of fantasy football. The Brooks hit would've been nothing 20 years ago.