• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Brees's head shouldn't be attached right now

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, look at this hit... look like his neck and head is made out of rubber and something off of looney toons.

DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His neck got stretched a few inches with that hit. Awesome hit, to bad the NFL has become the No Fun League, but with lawsuits and all, these types hits are going to draw penalties. I thought it was a legit hit myself.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why the whiners are complaining about the call, because it went against them, but this is clearly an illegal hit. The rule specifically says helmet, but also says head and neck area. This gives the refs some discretion and I felt this was a penalty.

"In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders
impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of
the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area
(see also the other unnecessary-roughness
rules covering these subjects)."

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His neck got stretched a few inches with that hit. Awesome hit, to bad the NFL has become the No Fun League, but with lawsuits and all, these types hits are going to draw penalties. I thought it was a legit hit myself.

Whether it's a legit hit or not... you're right, it's going to get draw everytime. Players nowadays are bigger and faster, the refs calling PF at that particular moment is all about reactionary as they have to make a call or don't. This is why I'm not a fan of blaming the refs unless it's an obvious non-call.

The hit on Brees was not an obvious non-call. You go anywhere near the QB's head and neck area, it's going to get called every time. Legit or not, the hit looked nasty at that moment, so the refs had no call it.

Also, Brooks' bicep clearly hits Brees's neck as well.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous… NFL is asking the impossible in a contact sport … qb's duck, spin, juke, try like hell to avoid the pass rush, and as a DL your gonna have a tough time not getting penalties the way it's set up right now…

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous… NFL is asking the impossible in a contact sport … qb's duck, spin, juke, try like hell to avoid the pass rush, and as a DL your gonna have a tough time not getting penalties the way it's set up right now…

No doubt the offense is having a huge advantage with the current NFL rules. As a defensive player, you can't go high, you can't go low with these guys going full speed. There's a big disadvantage right now for the defense and we can see it on a weekly basis.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the offense is having a huge advantage with the current NFL rules. As a defensive player, you can't go high, you can't go low with these guys going full speed. There's a big disadvantage right now for the defense and we can see it on a weekly basis.

Maybe the only solution is two hands touching a QB who is dropping back to pass is as good as a tackle. I said it jokingly before, but maybe the NFL will eventually adopt such rule in the future based on what they are doing now. Maybe there can even be sensor on the QB's jersey that lets the officials know that he's been touched by two hands.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the only solution is two hands touching a QB who is dropping back to pass is as good as a tackle. I said it jokingly before, but maybe the NFL will eventually adopt such rule in the future based on what they are doing now. Maybe there can even be sensor on the QB's jersey that lets the officials know that he's been touched by two hands.

With the read-option, that's going to open a new can of controversy.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the read-option, that's going to open a new can of controversy.

If it's a read option or the QB is running downfield, then he doesn't get the protection of the two-hand touch rule.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a read option or the QB is running downfield, then he doesn't get the protection of the two-hand touch rule.

If he is outside the pocket, he already does not have the protection, only if he sets up to throw outside of the pocket does he get the extra red shirt protection again. With the read option it gets murky because of the motion of the play.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The read option is a bit hazy imo because I do consider the QB to still be in the pocket.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The read option is a bit hazy imo because I do consider the QB to still be in the pocket.

It's the price a team pays for running the read option. Giving the QB protection there would be too unfair for the defense.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there is language in the rules that addresses the read option situation. If the QB takes a step back after handing off the ball, then the defense can't hit him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there is language in the rules that addresses the read option situation. If the QB takes a step back after handing off the ball, then the defense can't hit him.

I don't know if this is in the rulebook, but I've also seen QB's raise their hands to show that they don't have the ball.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6D5CCrrBms]Ray Lewis offers to pay half of Ahmad Brooks' fine for hit on Drew Brees - YouTube[/ame]

Let's hear from a man who knows a bit about football… On how ridiculous that call was

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a weak call but they throw flags on the results. When someone's head whips like that there's going to be a flag every time. Just like the flag that Chancellor got on Davis. It was a clean hit by the rules but the refs saw the whiplash and threw the flag.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous as it was, the NFL made it pretty clear that they are going to protect the QB's. Especially a high profile QB like Brees.

If this happened to RW and a good example because of the same height, I think we'd all would be calling for the flag.

on of the biggest problems there is half the time you wont get it because RW isn't on the same level as Brees yet. Brees, Brady and Manning get these calls 100 times out of 100 but guys like RG3 RW and Kap they allow it more often.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous as it was, the NFL made it pretty clear that they are going to protect the QB's. Especially a high profile QB like Brees.

If this happened to RW and a good example because of the same height, I think we'd all would be calling for the flag.

I wouldn't call for a flag there EVER… It was a clean hit… Like Lewis said he was hit in the chest and as he went down his neck went to his arm… This is not a concussion issue and it certainly wasn't head hunting like the NFL doesn't want now day's… That was a great football play taken away by BS…

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching that hit is pr0n to me. :fap: