• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Brees's head shouldn't be attached right now

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was Montana's last game as an elite QB due to the elbow injury he sustained from a blindside hit to the back of the neck. So, the NFL's most prized possession is destroyed and although he was already long in the tooth, he was not able to continue to show his talent in a meaningful way.

It's like a tracker trailer jack knifed on the freeway with a 10 car pile up. You pray that noone is hurt but both sides of the freeway are rubberneckin' to see the action. Guys like violence. It's inherent.

Football used to be violent and with those NFC D's, it was must see TV. The NFL is a weak
product. The unnecessary roughing, hitting a defenseless receiver (when he has the ball most of the time have you), touching the QB. Qb's should wear the red practice jerseys.

I will have to correct you regarding Montana. My Dad lived in KC and Montana took the Chiefs to the AFCCG at age 37 or 38. He was a pro-bowler with K.C.

Back to the crazy memory thing again, but I won't forget the Joe Montana vs John Elway MNF at Mile High. C'mon, man, that is arguably the greatest or top 3 MNF games of all time. It was Elway getting a TD and scrambling all over the field. Then Montana answered with a TD.

Marcus Allen had a few runs. Elway answered again. Then Joe "cool" performs his typical 2 minute drill, takes the Chiefs down the field for a game winning TD with seconds left on the clock. I can see it as I type. The TD was just inside the right pylon with the Chiefs going right to left.

Again, I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning but I can replay that MNF game in my head.

Sorry, but your bold statements are obviously false. Montana looked as good as he ever did as a Chief and he was 37-39 years old, bro.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo just got hit in similar fashion to the way Brees was hit. A personal foul called and negated a fumble.

As I mentioned before, whenever they see a QB head moved, they're going to call it 99 out of 100 times.
These guys are taught and told to officiate like that, so you can't really blame them for it.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo just got hit in similar fashion to the way Brees was hit. A personal foul called and negated a fumble.

As I mentioned before, whenever they see a QB head moved, they're going to call it 99 out of 100 times. These guys are taught and told to officiate like that, so you can't really blame them for it.

The NYG lineman released his arm from Romo, too, but oh well. It's not the officials fault, it's the
rule book that has watered down the entertainment value of today's NFL.

I watch it because I love the Hawks but I don't watch nearly as many MNF/Thurs/SNF games as I used to. I watch 50-75% fewer NFL games because it's really not a great must see view anymore, especially with all of the 6-5 or 5-6 teams out there. :scratch: