• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draymond Green

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wild Turkey for 1.

That's the issue people actually believe it.

A team lead by Draymond Green would be dog shit.
Not necisarilly dog shit. But he ain't makin' the Sixers or Nets a contender.

I think Detroit would've been a 3-4 seed if he'd came home. No homer on that, they suck. But would've won 10-12 games they didn't with him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant called someone a fake tough guy a few years ago. Yeah that alone is a pretty good chuckle but players like Green is what he was referring to. One of the more overrated players in the history of the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wild Turkey for 1.

How many players are actually good enough to lead a team to the playoffs without considerable help? There definitely aren't 10. Hell, Cousins and AD, who I bet most put in the top 10 can't even get to the playoffs together.

Draymond Green is an intangibles guy. He is like the anti-DeMarcus Cousins. He is a great teammate and unselfish to a fault. You substitute Cousins for Green on the Pelicans, for example, and they are instantly a 50- 55 win team. Some of that is fit, but green is freaking awesome at what he does. There is a reason why the best players in the game have the utmost respect for him.

I am not sure Exactly where Draymond ranks among upper echelon players, but there are not 15 guys in the league I would rather have on my team.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players are actually good enough to lead a team to the playoffs without considerable help? There definitely aren't 10. Hell, Cousins and AD, who I bet most put in the top 10 can't even get to the playoffs together.

Draymond Green is an intangibles guy. He is like the anti-DeMarcus Cousins. He is a great teammate and unselfish to a fault. You substitute Cousins for Green on the Pelicans, for example, and they are instantly a 50- 55 win team. Some of that is fit, but green is freaking awesome at what he does. There is a reason why the best players in the game have the utmost respect for him.

I am not sure Exactly where Draymond ranks among upper echelon players, but there are not 15 guys in the league I would rather have on my team.

Obviously you need considerable help with these great teams.

But the point is he can't be "the guy" he has to be the "help".

You ain't top 15 if you're 3rd wheeling it on any legit contender.

He can't shoot. His Fg% is god awful. His PER is like average. He rebounds solidly but nothing spectacular for a forward. He's a great passer but he's passing to 2 of the best shooters of all time and KD.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wild Turkey for 1.

Draymond is an allstar reserve. He's a guy coaches covet as the ideal team player to balance out the deficiencies of the guys more focused on scoring. Where that ranks him as a player depends on what you value in a player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you need considerable help with these great teams.

But the point is he can't be "the guy" he has to be the "help".

You ain't top 15 if you're 3rd wheeling it on any legit contender.

He can't shoot. His Fg% is god awful. His PER is like average. He rebounds solidly but nothing spectacular for a forward. He's a great passer but he's passing to 2 of the best shooters of all time and KD.

But, the 4th best player in the league can't be the guy either, unless your goal is a first round playoff exit. Draymond could get a team to the second round as it's best player with the right pieces around him. I am thinking Atlanta Hawks from a couple years ago. Millsap and Green have different skill sets, but are comparable players. I take Green over Millsap though.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant called someone a fake tough guy a few years ago. Yeah that alone is a pretty good chuckle but players like Green is what he was referring to. One of the more overrated players in the history of the league.

I love this guy, every post he makes on the Hoop oozes with jealousy and butthurt

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are viewing Draymond a bit wrong in terms of his skill set. Draymond is more of a Scottie and than an MJ player type. What I mean by that is he's not a guy you build a team around. But at the same time just because he's not an alpha go to guy, it shouldn't demean the value he brings to the table.

For example if you say paired MJ with Dominique Wilkins instead of Scottie, would it have worked better? Probably not, because Scottie complimented Jordan so much better. Nique was the better alpha, but Scottie was a way better secondary player.

That's how Draymond should be viewed. He does everything you could ask of a guy in his position. He's an elite defensive player who guards 5 positions. He'll guard the best player you got on any given night regardless of position. He rebounds, he block shots, he lead the NBA in steals. He's a power forward that acts as the point guard of a team.

He sacrifices his scoring numbers because it's not what's needed of him. He does what's needed of him on any given night. And he's the most mentally strong player of any of the Warriors. Last year in game 7 of the NBA finals he had 32 points, 15 rebounds, 9 assists in 46:54 minutes.

Draymond's skill set is what set's him apart, not the numbers. Let's put it this way, if you needed him to get 20 points a night, he'd find a way to do it. How successful that team would be? I don't know, but he could do it if that's what's required of him. What's required of him now is to play amazing defense, be the central cog of the offense and mentally keep this team together.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are viewing Draymond a bit wrong in terms of his skill set. Draymond is more of a Scottie and than an MJ player type. What I mean by that is he's not a guy you build a team around. But at the same time just because he's not an alpha go to guy, it shouldn't demean the value he brings to the table.

Scottie type is overstating things a bit as well IMO. He does the dirty work to keep his scorers happy, but Scottie was more of a scorer in addition to that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie type is overstating things a bit as well IMO. He does the dirty work to keep his scorers happy, but Scottie was more of a scorer in addition to that.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not at all comparing him to an all-time great player. I was making the comparison of what they do for teams. Just comparing how even though they're complimentary players, it doesn't detract from what they can do for a team or the importance of what they do on a nightly basis.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please rationally explain to me why so many people think he's a top 10(this is legit psychotic) to 15 player in this league?

I don't watch him play even 40 games much less 82 a year. But it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know all the skills of a basketball player.

If he went to a random shit/average team as the #2 guy(much less #1), not only does that team suck ass but he himself would be a has been.

And I would bet everything I own(granted it's not a fortress) on that.

Plus, he's a guy who needs to be drinking soup through a straw.

Well ain't this a kick in the nuts.