• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft pick do over

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really have done well with our 1st pick in the draft since Elway took over with all 5 being big time players in us winning the Super Bowl. 2nd round though is where Elway and his staff have really struggled. I would love to have Travis Kelce playing TE for us right now instead of watching Montee Ball possibly heading to prison.

Another tough one is picking Brock Osweiler in the 2nd over that of Russell Wilson. I mean can you imagine this team going from Peyton for a few years to then Wilson running the team for the next 10-15? Very nice Super Bowl window open for a very long time. Have to hope that Paxton Lynch can become that guy now.

I thought about Kelce, but at the time I think we had JT and I don't think TE was a high priority then. But we needed a RB and Bell would be sweet. Although, I will admit that I probably wouldn't have liked the reach at the time. Bell wasn't as highly regarded coming out of college as he would be now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about Kelce, but at the time I think we had JT and I don't think TE was a high priority then. But we needed a RB and Bell would be sweet. Although, I will admit that I probably wouldn't have liked the reach at the time. Bell wasn't as highly regarded coming out of college as he would be now.

Good point. We did have JT at the time but he was also very injury prone so I could see the Broncos thinking TE if the value was right. Still we had a lot of offensive fire power already so maybe TE wasn't very high on the priority list.

Some names I really liked in the 1st though were Alec Ogletree as that ILB position has been one that at least draft priority has been ignored by the Broncos. They seem to find talent though for that position later in the draft. Still loved what Ogletree could have brought to the team. Then Kawann Short was the guy I wanted more than Sly Williams. Sly while I loved his play last year wasn't a pick I got all that excited about. I didn't think he was going to be a bust by any means I just didn't think the value was quite right. Glad he has really come alive though and I can't wait to see what he does this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st round picks for Dallas have been very good lately. Out of the last 6 there have been 5 great picks and one clear outlier that every Cowboy fan would love to have back: Mo Claiborne.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT...

2012... David DeCastro
2013... Jarvis Jones
2014... Ryan Shazier
2015... Bud Dupree
2016... Artie Burns

In the last 5 it has to be Jarvis Jones. He hasn't produced much to what everyone considered him to be coming out of Georgia. We don't know what to expect from Burns yet, but DeCastro, Shazier & Dupree are all pretty much homeruns.

If I had to pick someone else over JJ in 2013, I'd go with either Alec Ogletree , Tyler Eifert or Xavier Rhodes. Any of those guys would have been solid additions.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiborne for Luke Kuechly

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans and media harp on failed draft picks and enjoy sucking off the "better" players that came after our draft picks to the point where I hate those players. So I can't bring myself to do the same.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At m24 the Colts picked Bjorn Werner in 2013, should have went for Deandre Hopkins who went 3 picks later.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No?

How about 2013...Colbert picked Jarvis Jones and left Desmond Trufant, Tyler Eifert, and Sly Williams, on the board...my pick for that draft was another UGA LB, Alec Olgeltree.

Seems a lot of fans wanted Ogletree to be their teams pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a lot of fans wanted Ogletree to be their teams pick.

He was the hybrid LB/SS type player that every team is coveting now...Jarvis got a lot of the splash plays, but Ogletree was that sideline to sideline LB making plays all over the field...I thought his skillset would translate to the next level better than Jones...but he got into some trouble and he dropped considerably...I don't even think PIT had him on their board in the 1st rd.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the hybrid LB/SS type player that every team is coveting now...Jarvis got a lot of the splash plays, but Ogletree was that sideline to sideline LB making plays all over the field...I thought his skillset would translate to the next level better than Jones...but he got into some trouble and he dropped considerably...I don't even think PIT had him on their board in the 1st rd.

Yeah I remember him getting in trouble. Not the brightest guy in the world with some of his stupid mistakes like getting a DUI right before the combine or stealing I think it was a scooter helmet and getting caught. Throw in some injury concerns and he definitely saw a nice slide in the draft but to me those were pretty minor infractions at least compared to his talent. The Broncos have shown they are a team willing to take a risk and have a good enough group of leaders in the locker room to help those guys stay on track which is why I really wanted to see him drafted by us.

I'm happy with what we got in Sly Williams but I don't see him as a huge part of our future so definitely see some other guys like Bell that you guys drafted in the 2nd round, Slay drafted by the Lions that I really would have liked, or Short drafted by the Panthers. Those players plus Ogletree were who I had my eyes on.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Ogletree pegged as a Cover 2 MLB or a 4-3 OLB. Rams are going to be using him as an MLB next year in the NFC West which is interesting because Laurinaitis was getting washed out last year and Ogletree doesn't exactly seem like a physical enforcer in the middle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember him getting in trouble. Not the brightest guy in the world with some of his stupid mistakes like getting a DUI right before the combine or stealing I think it was a scooter helmet and getting caught. Throw in some injury concerns and he definitely saw a nice slide in the draft but to me those were pretty minor infractions at least compared to his talent. The Broncos have shown they are a team willing to take a risk and have a good enough group of leaders in the locker room to help those guys stay on track which is why I really wanted to see him drafted by us.

I'm happy with what we got in Sly Williams but I don't see him as a huge part of our future so definitely see some other guys like Bell that you guys drafted in the 2nd round, Slay drafted by the Lions that I really would have liked, or Short drafted by the Panthers. Those players plus Ogletree were who I had my eyes on.

I didn't know much about either player, but it would've been nice to get Kelechi Osmele instead of Mike Adams (released) in the 2nd rd of '12.

Of course you're going to miss on some, but generally speaking Colbert has done a pretty decent job from a '11 forward.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Ogletree pegged as a Cover 2 MLB or a 4-3 OLB. Rams are going to be using him as an MLB next year in the NFC West which is interesting because Laurinaitis was getting washed out last year and Ogletree doesn't exactly seem like a physical enforcer in the middle.

Agreed...definitely not a thumper. He was a 3-4 ILB at UGA I'm pretty sure...MLB doesn't seem like a good fit for him unless his body type has changed a lot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No?

How about 2013...Colbert picked Jarvis Jones and left Desmond Trufant, Tyler Eifert, and Sly Williams, on the board...my pick for that draft was another UGA LB, Alec Olgeltree.
Agree, I just didn't want to

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...definitely not a thumper. He was a 3-4 ILB at UGA I'm pretty sure...MLB doesn't seem like a good fit for him unless his body type has changed a lot.
I'm always dubious of defensive coaches taking a player who is amazing at something and trying to get them to play a different position in a scheme. Mark Barron is a heck of a player in the Rams system, for example, but Ogletree might totally flame out for the Rams in a year or two only to wind up on a different team and be successful somewhere else. Or maybe the Rams find they play better with a 'coverage/move' linebacker in the middle. The Rams were 21st in rush yards allowed last year...not what you'd expect from arguably a top 5 defense from a talent perspective with 5 high 1st rounders on their dline.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was having a breakout year, last year until he got hurt. We will see if he transitions well to MLB. Greg Williams knows his stuff.