• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down goes Nate!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an unfortunate way to look at player development.

They knew he needed time, but felt that he had the tools to be a good WR in our system. He's tall and fast and very athletic. He's also relatively new to football and very raw. Nothing wrong with a late-round pick developing on the p-squad.

Some of the other "retards" on our p-squad include RB Steven Miller, DB Chris Greenwood, Guard Rodney Austin, DT Jimmy Sadler-McQueen, and LB Brandon Hepburn. I wouldn't be surprised to see any/all of those guys on our 53 man roster coming out of camp next August.

That what the practice squad is for- developing kids who have talent, but need experience...

I sure hope not...that we will be expecting any of them to REALLY contribute......whos the last lion that came off the practice squad to give us a good player? Not being funny....just wondering....

Im one that doesnt believe in the "young guys are learning" type crap.....you either have it, or you dont.....every once in awhile im sure a situation comes up and some player comes off a practice squad and stars...but im not a big fan of counting on practice squad players.....im the same way in baseball......not a big prospect fan....would rather trade a top prospect for a proven player anyday....

Im still waiting for bentley to "learn" how to play CB...if ALL those players on the practice squad make the 53 man roster next year, that means the lions will be in trouble.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own, I suppose...

From my perspective I don't see any of the p-squad players I just mentioned being big contributors. However, the final 5-10 roster spots are pretty fluid throughout the year, and these are exactly the types of guys who fill those roles...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three weeks ago would anyone have given a shit if Nate didn't play against the Vikings? Hard for me to see any need to trade picks in order to replace a guy who surprised me when he made the roster.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own, I suppose...

From my perspective I don't see any of the p-squad players I just mentioned being big contributors. However, the final 5-10 roster spots are pretty fluid throughout the year, and these are exactly the types of guys who fill those roles...

Yeah but you gotta remember....they will draft players....sign FA's......so there will be more people fighting for that 53 man roster too.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember getting into that argument with you(or maybe it was swarm) before the season started, He has been the second best receiving option for the Lions for years now. Anytime you lose that it hurts your team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Reggie Bush is our second receiver. He just also happens to be out #1 running back.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true this year, but every year he was here before Reggie he was the #2, and it was never all that close.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that completely. But Nates production in the three games was surprising to say the least. If he can't be replaced in house, or straight up for LeShoure, Id much rather see Willis get a shot. What's Mike Thomas up to these days? Seriously.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember getting into that argument with you(or maybe it was swarm) before the season started, He has been the second best receiving option for the Lions for years now. Anytime you lose that it hurts your team.

Actually pettigrew has produced more i believe every season....and thats with all his drops....and in 2010 id have to say jahvid best was a better receiver. Im not a burelson hater either. He is what he is. 4-6 yd receptions usually....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already traded the pick for him.... Hard to believe Nate is worth trading another.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burleson broke his left arm in a single-car crash on Interstate 696 heading westbound near Drake Road in Farmington Hills, Mich., around 2:25 a.m. Tuesday. Police were called to the scene. Burleson, who complained of pain in his arm, was transported to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, according to Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw.
Turns out his arm is broken in two places, coach Jim Schwartz said Tuesday. Burleson will have surgery Wednesday to repair the broken bones in his forearm but will not be placed on season-ending injured reserve, as Schwartz said the receiver is expected back at some point this season. Burleson will still travel with the team while he is injured.
"It was actually a whole pizza," Shaw said. "He had purchased two whole pizzas, and one was sitting on top of the other one, and I guess when he was driving one of them was slipping off, and he was reaching over to push it back onto the seat and overcorrected and hit the median wall."
Shaw said alcohol was not a factor in the crash and that police did not do a drug screen because the 32-year-old Burleson showed no signs of impairment. Sarnoff told Werder that Burleson had been watching "Monday Night Football" and crashed his Yukon on the way home.

He got in an accident and broken his arm reaching for a falling frickin pizza in his car. What a idiot.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand trying to save food, but next time Nate, set the fucking pizza on the floorboard. I mean, what if you had to suddenly hit your brakes?

Does anyone in this organization plan ahead?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Suh was out with Nate and the guys watching the game? If he was, Goodell might want to take a closer look at this. Might have been Suh who gave Nate directions to the pizza place. If it was, BAN FOR LIFE!!

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some possible nicknames for Burleson
Pepperoni Nate
Thin Crust Burleson
Twice Baked Nate
Deep Dish Burleson

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been looking at possible wrs we have been mentioned in trading for. Obviously the one I would want most is Gordon. He has the biggest upside and potential(that has already been on display). Last year he signed a 4-yr contract for $5.3 mil. Over half of that is already paid bc of a $2.3mil signing bonus and his base pay of $390,000. So we would get over 2 and a half years of production from him for a measly $2mil(about) and a loss of a potential 3rd or 2nd round pick? Sign me the fuck up!!!

But, if that falls through, I would not mind either Britt or Little. They both have the size and skills to play the #2 and wouldn't demand much in a trade or contract. If we land either of these 3, we have made a good decision(depending on what we give up).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind either Britt or Little.

I think Detroit could get Britt for a 6th or 7th round pick. His contract is up at the end of the year, he has had issues off the field.

If Detroit brings him in and he shows a turnaround and produces, as he will actually have a QB to throw him the ball. I think he is more than worth a late round pick.

If he doesn't work out -- he is done at the end of the year and we don't lose much anyway.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the team should be fiddling around with all this wr crap and make a big move to get one. Gordon would be terrific and I would go as high as a 2nd round. Nate's job is harder to fill than most think. Hes got a connection with Staff and his experience is something the team needs in crucial moments.

It would be a mistake to think that since we have Bush, everything is ok. Part of the plan is to have players around him and CJ that can make plays and cause problems, not replace them with Bush. Getting Gordon make the team very difficult to defend.