• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down goes Nate!!!

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mikel Leshoure and 2 3rds for Gordon. Man is a beast, and still is only 22. But is detroit the right environment for him?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a tough break and a huge blow to the offense

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is he does us no good when we need him most. We nee him to play, not practice with 6 other retards who will also probably never see live action.

That's an unfortunate way to look at player development.

They knew he needed time, but felt that he had the tools to be a good WR in our system. He's tall and fast and very athletic. He's also relatively new to football and very raw. Nothing wrong with a late-round pick developing on the p-squad.

Some of the other "retards" on our p-squad include RB Steven Miller, DB Chris Greenwood, Guard Rodney Austin, DT Jimmy Sadler-McQueen, and LB Brandon Hepburn. I wouldn't be surprised to see any/all of those guys on our 53 man roster coming out of camp next August.

That what the practice squad is for- developing kids who have talent, but need experience...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an unfortunate way to look at player development.

They knew he needed time, but felt that he had the tools to be a good WR in our system. He's tall and fast and very athletic. He's also relatively new to football and very raw. Nothing wrong with a late-round pick developing on the p-squad.

Some of the other "retards" on our p-squad include RB Steven Miller, DB Chris Greenwood, Guard Rodney Austin, DT Jimmy Sadler-McQueen, and LB Brandon Hepburn. I wouldn't be surprised to see any/all of those guys on our 53 man roster coming out of camp next August.

That what the practice squad is for- developing kids who have talent, but need experience...

I know, but before this spider webs off topic, my comment is about wasting another pick on another WR when WR seems to be this huge black hole for our team. I will be surprised to see those guys on the 53 man roster, especially after another off season.

We need WR NOW. Mayhew and Schwartz are in no position to fiddle with player development. Both guys are on the hot seat, and now they are left with their pants down after ANOTHER Nate injury. Way to be prepared boys.

On topic - 97.1 says Lions are trying to trade for a WR today. No clue who.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mikel Leshoure and 2 3rds for Gordon. Man is a beast, and still is only 22. But is detroit the right environment for him?

Leshoure doesn't fit the Browns O. He's basically a welfare case's Trent Richardson.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade another pick to replace Nate with I'm gonna be seriously fucking pissed. Mayhew shouldn't be allowed to deal picks anyway. Not unless it's sure thing he's the one gonna be doing the selecting next April.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would draft guys with receiving skills, it wouldn't be a problem. They want to draft someone with a pituitary problem, and try to turn them into a WR.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but before this spider webs off topic, my comment is about wasting another pick on another WR when WR seems to be this huge black hole for our team.
I get where you're coming from, I just disagree that it was a waste of a pick. They knew we needed a WR of his type and took a flyer on a guy who needs time to develop. I think they fully understood that he wasn't ready to contribute right away.

It sucks that he can't help us right now, but I don't think he was drafted to help us right now, either.

I will be surprised to see those guys on the 53 man roster, especially after another off season.
I wouldn't.

Miller has a great shot to be our PR/KR next year. Fuller may well be on the roster by the end of this year depending on injuries, same for Greenwood. Austin has a future as at least a reserve interior lineman for us and was one of the final cuts this year. Hepburn is a big, athletic LB, and we're thin at LB, so not many dots to connect there. Saddler-McQueen is the least likely, imo, to make the roster, but he's been in our system for a couple of years and has shown flashes in the preseason for two years in a row.

Basically, we've got some talented guys on the practice squad who could fill holes for us next year. Not saying that they'll be stars, but they'll all be entering camp next summer with an extra year in our system under their belts. That's huge for a young guy. Look at Edwards this year as an example...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade another pick to replace Nate with I'm gonna be seriously fucking pissed. Mayhew shouldn't be allowed to deal picks anyway. Not unless it's sure thing he's the one gonna be doing the selecting next April.

Depends on who they get, though, right? I'd go after a young guy like Gordon if the Browns are selling. Leshoure + this year's 3rd and next year's 4th sounds like a win-win to me...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up a 2nd for Gordon. He is what we need opposite Calvin. Add Broyles in the slot and even Fauria in 4-wide sets, Reggie, Joique and theo coming out of backfield and we could kill it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Want Kenny Britt? Tell Schwarz to make the call. Megatron can fix him.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that he can't help us right now, but I don't think he was drafted to help us right now, either.

And that's a huge problem when 2 of our 3 starting WR's finished last year on IR.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon isn't the guy to go after. The Browns have won a game.

Now I don't see what the Steelers need Antonio Brown for.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon isn't the guy to go after. The Browns have won a game.

Now I don't see what the Steelers need Antonio Brown for.

I think Brown has a monster contract he signed when they decided to let Wallace go to Miami.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butterfingers Britt might be available for purchase as well. I think he is trouble and Gordon is 1 step from being out for the year. Greg little is even worse than Britt too.

I would bring back Willis or Austin or both.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing that Gordon is only one slip away from being done for the year, but generally, guys don't go from a 2 game suspension to a full year. The NFL has that option, but rarely exercises. Generally the suspension doubles for each successive offense. So his next suspension would be four games, more than likely.

Now if you're saying that one more slip-up this year would shut him down for the year, then You're very likely right. If he fucks up again in the same season he was suspended in then I'd think the NFL would come down very hard on him...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who they get, though, right? I'd go after a young guy like Gordon if the Browns are selling. Leshoure + this year's 3rd and next year's 4th sounds like a win-win to me...

If Mayhew trades another pick for another receiver I'm gonna be real mad. Trading current players is fine with me. But enough with emptying out the future for a bit player at best.