• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does 5 10am start worry you?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worries me a little, but I think the Seahawks are good enough to over come that disadvantage.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games on the east coast too, but they already broke that curse. If they stay healthy they will be focused enough to handle it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its bs to be honest. The NFL came out and said a couple years ago they would try to limit the 10 am game for west coast teams. I looked at New England schedule just for comparison. Only 4 or their 8 home games are 10am games. When they play @Houston its a 1:25 start and when we play them its 10am.
From a competitive standpoint I agree that I feel like we are good enough to overcome it and you should be able to win no matter what time you play.

I have a problem from a fan perspective because I would rather watch my team play @1 then 10 am. You would think TV ratings would be higher for 1pm games to because of church or whatever people like to do Sunday Mornings.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't worry me to the point that I think those games are automatic losses (though it has been an issue in recent history), but it does bother me from the standpoint that it is a built-in competitive disadvantage for the Seahawks and any other west coast team that has to put up with a bunch of 10 am starts and the NFL doesn't seem too interested in rectifying the situation anytime soon.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't worry me to the point that I think those games are automatic losses (though it has been an issue in recent history), but it does bother me from the standpoint that it is a built-in competitive disadvantage for the Seahawks and any other west coast team that has to put up with a bunch of 10 am starts and the NFL doesn't seem too interested in rectifying the situation anytime soon.

That's the issue I have with it as well. The NFL will make Seattle play 5 ten o'clock East coast games without a second thought, but then they'll turn around and say "oh those poor East coast teams and all the travel they have to deal with, we'll make sure they only have to go to the West coast once per season." I'm confident the Seahawks will overcome their awful schedule, but it's BS for sure.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typo above, should say the NFL won't make East coast teams play on the West coast more than two times per year. But less than that if they can help it.

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish the Panthers and Giants would come here. Seems like some teams never travel to Seattle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly it seems as if most of our easiest non divisional games are at home, with the more difficult games on the road:

Home:
Jaguars: 2-14
Titans: 6-10
Buccaneers: 7-9
Vikings: 10-6
Saints: 7-9
Total: 32-48

Away:
Panthers: 7-9
Texans: 12-4
Colts: 11-5
Falcons: 13-4
Giants: 9-7
Total: 52-29

I think the NFL is trying to prove that we are not a road team...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it's time the Seahawks show that they can win anywhere. So I for one look forward to seeing the Seahawks play some tough road games. I feel they are up to it this year.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is bullshit. That "can't play more than 2 games on the west coast a season" rule they made. Just another reason to tilt the scales for an east coast bias.

Hell , even my Texans benefitted from this. They were supposed to play in Seattle this year, but since they're already playing in San Diego and San Fransisco, the Seahawks became the odd man out and won't go there for another 4 years.

How they came to choose which west coast team to do this for I do not know.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is bullshit. That "can't play more than 2 games on the west coast a season" rule they made. Just another reason to tilt the scales for an east coast bias.

Hell , even my Texans benefitted from this. They were supposed to play in Seattle this year, but since they're already playing in San Diego and San Fransisco, the Seahawks became the odd man out and won't go there for another 4 years.

How they came to choose which west coast team to do this for I do not know.

I'm pretty sure it's also why the Seahawks vs. Bears games always seem to be in Chicago despite the fact that we play them every year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 10am games bother me a little bit but that's because of how they set up the Hawks Schedule. Unlike the 49ers the Hawks away Schedule is one of the hardest in the NFL sitting at around .640 sos then add to that the 5 10am starts. the 49ers who have a cupcake away schedule ( .430 sos )and only 1 10am start is laughable.

I think we all agree that we would MUCH RATHER face the harder ( stronger ) teams at home. All in all though if the Hawks win the NFC West they will be a much better team than one that played all its hard games at home and was never really even tested in away games. Because of how they set up the schedule i can see the Hawks sweeping the 49ers this coming season. they will just be more tested.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put much value into preseason SOS. You guys know that. Based on last year's results, there appears to be quite a few really tough games on the schedule and a few games that would be embarrassing to lose. Depending on how things shake out during the season, though, the teams on each of those lists might not end up being the teams we think they are right now, if that makes any sense.

Just look at the NFC South. I don't think there's been a repeat division champ in that division since it was created. If that pattern holds, Atlanta may not be as tough as we think they'll be. If they're not what they were last year by the time we play them in week 10 this year, then it could be an easier game than it looks like right now. On the other hand, if things with us don't go as hoped by then, it could be much harder than it looks. You just don't know at this point.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't matter... they are a solid team that will perform. Preseason is a joke. Seahawks compete for the Super Bowl this year in my opinion as long as they stay healthy at key positions.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes its a huge disadvantage. Seattles team last year on the road at a non 10 am start was a couple of drops away from beating SF,

Seattle with the 10 am start, lost to STL, Miami, and Detroit..............

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the close calls last season, this young team will figure out the 1pm start time. i believe a 4-4 road record at best, but another undefeated home record which means we won't have to worry about any 1pm start time in the playoffs.