• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you still want the Lions to make the playoff ?

Do you still want the Lions to make the Playoff this year ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far fetched was intended. I guess I could have said they both forfeit that last game?

Yuppers, That works.

Cutler and Rodgers just shake hands at the coin toss and both admit they don't have the heart to start the game and that works.:yahoo:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about they both lose this week and tie the next.

We have to win both to take it. We win the division in that scenario, providing we win both. If we lose 1 then Chicago finishes a 1/2 game ahead of us in the above scenario.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to win both to take it. We win the division in that scenario, providing we win both. If we lose 1 then Chicago finishes a 1/2 game ahead of us in the above scenario.

I wasn't suggesting the Lions wouldn't have to win both. I just want the Packers and Bears to not win as often as possible.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted yes....theres no way i want the bears in.....man have the detroit jokes been flying around here in chicago....the news was unwatchable tuesday.....you would of thought the bears won the superbowl the way the players were acting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted yes....theres no way i want the bears in.....man have the detroit jokes been flying around here in chicago....the news was unwatchable tuesday.....you would of thought the bears won the superbowl the way the players were acting.

The local radio show actually read your boy Rosenblooms article on air today. He's Talkin mad shit about our Lions.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck yeah. Ten years from now I don't want to be hearing how it's been 12 years since the Lions made the playoffs. I don't want it to be any more than 10.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a win/win situation here far as I'm concerned.

A) They rally around their HC and their QB, win out, and host a playoff game where they'd be presented with the opportunity to beat a good team at home and turn this entire fiasco around. Sometimes advertises like this awaken the beast. Look at the past Giants teams.

B) They lose the division, miss the playoffs and we get a new HC and a fresh start.

I'm gonna get really stoned and try to enjoy the ride.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
adversities.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wa22o3.gif

According to the NFL Network, the Lions need to make the playoffs in order for coach Jim Schwartz to keep his job.

Monday night's home loss to the Ravens could be the nail in Schwartz's coffin. In order to make the playoffs, the Lions will need to win out and have both the Packers and Bears lose at least one game. Schwartz's team has dropped four of their last five games and are 7-7 on the season, leaving his career mark at just 29-49. He's made the playoffs once since taking over in 2009. Dec 17 - 7:51 AM
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

And here is a perfect example of why this franchise has floundered since Ford bought it. Reportedly, the Lions have to make the playoffs in order for Schwartz to keep his job. The Lions have to win out to make the playoffs. The Lions could also win out and miss the playoffs. So Schwartz keeping his job depends on Chicago & the Pack both losing at least one of their remaining games rather than anything Schwartz or the Lions do from here on out. Yeah... makes perfect sense. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) They rally around their HC and their QB, win out, and host a playoff game where they'd be presented with the opportunity to beat a good team at home and turn this entire fiasco around. Sometimes advertises like this awaken the beast. Look at the past Giants teams.

B) They lose the division, miss the playoffs and we get a new HC and a fresh start.

Me too.

However, as I've been sitting here reading the morning posts, it dawned on me that I haven't baked yet today. It also dawned on me that I've been confusing Swarm and Rob for some time now.

Just curious. How long have you fuckers been laughing behind my back? :rant:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is a perfect example of why this franchise has floundered since Ford bought it. Reportedly, the Lions have to make the playoffs in order for Schwartz to keep his job. The Lions have to win out to make the playoffs. The Lions could also win out and miss the playoffs. So Schwartz keeping his job depends on Chicago & the Pack both losing at least one of their remaining games rather than anything Schwartz or the Lions do from here on out. Yeah... makes perfect sense. :L

It makes sense to me. The Lions had a chance to nail this thing down weeks ago and didn't. That's part of this. Winning the division will always depend on Green Bay and Chicago (and MN). You have to finish with a better record than them to win, period. The report doesn't say this decision was made last week, it implies it was made at the beginning of the season. That's what I'm getting from it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

However, as I've been sitting here reading the morning posts, it dawned on me that I haven't baked yet today. It also dawned on me that I've been confusing Swarm and Rob for some time now.

Just curious. How long have you fuckers been laughing behind my back? :rant:

I didn't even notice. But you are right, there are a lot of Rob's on this board. :noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That last sentence is something Im gonna focus on.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense to me. The Lions had a chance to nail this thing down weeks ago and didn't. That's part of this. Winning the division will always depend on Green Bay and Chicago (and MN). You have to finish with a better record than them to win, period. The report doesn't say this decision was made last week, it implies it was made at the beginning of the season. That's what I'm getting from it.

I guess it would depend upon when the decision was made. On NFL.com there's a story and interview with Schwartz that suggests it was made before the loss to the Ravens. It makes more sense if it was made when they still controlled their destiny which they did at that point. Before the season I thought playoffs was asking a lot considering the schedule.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it would depend upon when the decision was made. On NFL.com there's a story and interview with Schwartz that suggests it was made before the loss to the Ravens. It makes more sense if it was made when they still controlled their destiny which they did at that point. Before the season I thought playoffs was asking a lot considering the schedule.

That makes sense then right? Before the Ravens game, they still controlled their destiny. I guess we can agree on that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into the season I assumed playoffs. Seems fair. Even if it means basing your decision off the fates of others. (That is kinda fucked up. But I like the idea of people having goals. Achieving those Goals or gtfo would be something this franchise could try.)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i would like to see them make the playoffs. Is it realistic? No. Will it be embarrassing when we get dominated in the first round? Yes. Will it suck to get dominated in the first round and keep schwartz? Hell yes. Will the lions make the playoffs? No. Will they win another game? Maybe.