• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you hate certain teams because of their players, fans or both?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say I hate teams because of fans, but I can say I have cheered for and against teams because of fans.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to have the most feelings about a 'team' one way or the other because of rivalry first, players second, and fans not so much. I can find reasons to hate fans of pretty much any team. Every city has dumbasses. None are exempt. The teams with the largest bases have the most dipshits. Well gee, there's a shocker. :lol:

There are a few exceptions. There are teams that get hate just because. Yankees, Lakers, and the Cowboys are all examples. Maybe you can define why, maybe you can't fully justify it all. And why should you have to?

For every single team you say you hate I can guarantee that if most of you were brought up in a region where that team rules the local fan scene you'd be on board too. Notice I said most. In before some asshat says his dad was a fan of some team he hates. It's nearly universal. Fans root for the teams near where they are, or where they grew up.

I don't hate that many teams though really. Don't even hate the Cardinals and they are in our own division. Don't particularly hate the Patriots, although I really don't like Brady. I love picking on 9'er fans too much to call anything I feel about their team hate. I do hate the Panthers because of mostly Cam. Love seeing his smug ass walking off the field in defeat. So maybe 3 or 4 teams total in the league I'd say I really don't like? :noidea:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, for me it is usually the fans of certain teams that cause me to hate. I don't hate teams like Cincy, Cleveland or Baltimore like I used to but when shit happens like, for example, in the Steelers/Bengals game last week, players piss me off but to be fair, I saw plenty of Bengals players trying to calm their teammates down. Those peacekeeping players are who I feel bad for but hearing the Cincy fans cheer when Ben got hurt and point the finger at anyone but their own players after the loss, that's what causes my hate to grow.

Thank Christ Cleveland sucks because their fans in general are unbelievably brutal! It will suck extremely bad if they find a decent starting QB before I die in 40-45 years(luck permitting).
It's fans that ruin it for me. Always.

I can respect a good team. I respect Ohio State, and what they did last year (2014/2015) was unbelievable. I can't stand them though because of their fans. Fans that are insufferably arrogant with annual high ranking teams make it difficult to talk sports in an open manner. There's simply no objectivity with some of them, and it really does ruin the ability to cheer for the team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bills fan, do you guys still hate Rex? To me, he's just comical at this point. When he was with the Jets early on and they were good, his bravado I could see getting to people, esp Pats fans as they got the better of them a few times. But now? I just cringe when he makes these predictions for the Bills...it's like ,"do you know where you are????"

Until that team makes the playoffs, I'd keep my mouth shut.
I can only sspeak for myself. Hate is probably too strong of a word. It's his bravado, it's his post game interviews that turn my stomach. Actually he's more os a joke to me. So if I hate anything it's his personality.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a thread that writes itself. Do we need to actually say our answer out loud???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the Patriots but their fans sure are dooshie. You'd think that they actually had a hand in at least 3 of those tainted SB wins.
That's Bull Shit...Only 2 of the SBs were tainted...:thumb:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy to hate the Raiders for me, I thought Al Davis the former owner was a douche and the fans up in that area were pretty gangsta.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your team is as good as the Patriots, there's no time to bother hating other teams. I leave that to people who read about some arrogant asshole saying that his team is too good to bother hating other teams.
Except that they have been caught cheating a few times and it always to coincide with their championships :whistle:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, for me it is usually the fans of certain teams that cause me to hate. I don't hate teams like Cincy, Cleveland or Baltimore like I used to but when shit happens like, for example, in the Steelers/Bengals game last week, players piss me off but to be fair, I saw plenty of Bengals players trying to calm their teammates down. Those peacekeeping players are who I feel bad for but hearing the Cincy fans cheer when Ben got hurt and point the finger at anyone but their own players after the loss, that's what causes my hate to grow.

Thank Christ Cleveland sucks because their fans in general are unbelievably brutal! It will suck extremely bad if they find a decent starting QB before I die in 40-45 years(luck permitting).

I don't hate any of them, teams or fans....I do have different measures of dislike for both, it's mostly personality, or character issues for me, but it's all in fun, I remind myself it's just a game, and these are real people, good and bad everywhere....
So laugh it off, and torment the bajeebies out of all you can....Laughter doeth good like a medicine, so hoop it up my friends....It's all good !!

Go Refs.........
83932_story__image%202.jpg :D

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about "fans". This board is the same set of obnoxious posters that basically cover the same crap over and over again. And I'm not calling anybody out. Sure, there's trolls with their gimmicks that the ignore feature was built for but everybody has their moments. Away from this I talk seahawks with co-workers and friends but that's about it. Most of the visiting fans for the games have been quite respectful and genuinely good people.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about "fans". This board is the same set of obnoxious posters that basically cover the same crap over and over again. And I'm not calling anybody out. Sure, there's trolls with their gimmicks that the ignore feature was built for but everybody has their moments. Away from this I talk seahawks with co-workers and friends but that's about it. Most of the visiting fans for the games have been quite respectful and genuinely good people.

I've caught Cowboys games in Arz and SD, not on problem with their fans, also have been to a few Redskins Bars in Maryland, never had a problem.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've caught Cowboys games in Arz and SD, not on problem with their fans, also have been to a few Redskins Bars in Maryland, never had a problem.
......loved going to new Orleans/bourbon st. a couple times,...they hate everybody but their college-teams/saints,...they did love us Bostonian$ that weekend.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans
Patriots for the same reason most hate my cowboys media hype