• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you believe in miracles -Open your check books.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tihkonov pulling Tretiak after the first period was the turning point. Still to this day, I don't know why he did it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tihkonov pulling Tretiak after the first period was the turning point. Still to this day, I don't know why he did it.

Yeah, that was a shock.

Though I think even Tikhonov himself has since called it a gigantic mistake.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tretiak or no Tretiak the Russians shouldn't have lost the game. The image I'll never forget was after the game ended. The U.S. players were going crazy & the Russian players were watching with smiles on their faces.

To the Russian players it was a job & they didn't get paid anything like NHL players did at the time. It was either hockey or join the Army.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly is selling it? If it's Eruzione, then he's a whore. Hasn't he made enough money off of a wrist shot?

If it's not Eruzione, then how in the fuck does someone else have that jersey/gear?

I would bet Tikhonov thought it would be extra embarrassing to the US if their backup was in and beat the US.

Either that or Tretiak was hung over, and it was going to get worse.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly is selling it? If it's Eruzione, then he's a whore. Hasn't he made enough money off of a wrist shot?

If it's not Eruzione, then how in the fuck does someone else have that jersey/gear?

I would bet Tikhonov thought it would be extra embarrassing to the US if their backup was in and beat the US.

Either that or Tretiak was hung over, and it was going to get worse.

Tretiak was shocked he was pulled & very pissed off about it. It was a big reason he played in the 1984 Olympics.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having a bad day 43? The article says he is selling set up his children/grandkids. If that makes him a whore.....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Jean Beliveau (one of the classiest players ever) sold some of this Stanley Cup rings and other NHL mementos due to extended family financial issues.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a bad day 43? The article says he is selling set up his children/grandkids. If that makes him a whore.....

Yes, I am having a bad day, and no I didn't read the article.

His speaking engagements earn him 15-20 grand a pop. Maybe he should have put some of that away for the grandkids...

That jersey needs to be in the HHoF. Not some Banker's or actor's rec room.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Chex LeMeneux is holding up after all these years?

613recap.jpg

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no issue with peeps selling off stuff for the cash, especially if it's giant sums like that to set up a family for a generation or two..

But, if he played for Team USA... wouldn't the uniform technically belong to the US Olympic committee? I'm not thinking he bought it, or had to pay for it himself or anything,

That jersey should be in a hall somewhere, Olympic, hockey, US Hockey, something.

meh, but I guess the same can be said for ANY uniform item sold by anyone. Rings are a little different, they are given as gifts. But shouldn't the uniform itself always belong to the team? Especially a national team?

meh again, just my .02