• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

do y'all play or just fans?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I am a spectacular 0-9 this season in doubles play, so I decided to jump back on the ladder match system and see if I am any better at singles. I immediately challenged a dude named Spencer, who I assume is a 15 yr old that will kick my ass.

I am win less so far as well. I have not won a match since early September. Moving back to 4.5 after playing 4.0 the last couple years is proving tougher than anticipated. I cant find a decent pair of shoes so singles is out of the question till then.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am win less so far as well. I have not won a match since early September. Moving back to 4.5 after playing 4.0 the last couple years is proving tougher than anticipated. I cant find a decent pair of shoes so singles is out of the question till then.
I switched to the Prince T22 Lites this season and I like them. They discontinued the Nike Air Cage shoes I liked. Tried the regular T22's but they were just too clunky. The Lites are nice. (and on sale apparently...)

Prince T22 Lite Mens Tennis Shoe

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I switched to the Prince T22 Lites this season and I like them. They discontinued the Nike Air Cage shoes I liked. Tried the regular T22's but they were just too clunky. The Lites are nice. (and on sale apparently...)

Prince T22 Lite Mens Tennis Shoe

Prince shoes are notoriously heavy. Even this Lite version is almost 16 oz. I also have a wide foot so my selection is limited. Most brands are getting narrower so I may be stuck with having to switch to New Balance.

1 trend I have been noticing with shoe companies is they are discontinuing shoes faster and faster. Especially the popular ones. The game now is to create a good shoe and if it gets really popular make design changes to save money because people will by the shoe at least 1 more time. They make a ton of money for a year but then have to discontinue it when everyone realizes all they did was cheap out on this supposed "Upgrade".

It sucks.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince shoes are notoriously heavy. Even this Lite version is almost 16 oz. I also have a wide foot so my selection is limited. Most brands are getting narrower so I may be stuck with having to switch to New Balance.

1 trend I have been noticing with shoe companies is they are discontinuing shoes faster and faster. Especially the popular ones. The game now is to create a good shoe and if it gets really popular make design changes to save money because people will by the shoe at least 1 more time. They make a ton of money for a year but then have to discontinue it when everyone realizes all they did was cheap out on this supposed "Upgrade".

It sucks.
I have extremely flat feet, so finding shoes I like can be difficult. For now, I am happy with the Prince shoes. I will buy them again, but I don't expect them to be discontinued just yet.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennis sucks.

:bolt::bolt:
so the higher ups where I work decided they want to install a recreation area for employees with a sand volleyball court, basketball court, playground and pavilion and I wanted to ask if they would consider a tennis court. Guy I was talking to says 'tennis is the ultimate rich white guy sport". I just looked at him and said, dude, you golf. Golf is 100x more expensive.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have extremely flat feet, so finding shoes I like can be difficult. For now, I am happy with the Prince shoes. I will buy them again, but I don't expect them to be discontinued just yet.

Mine are somewhat flat too (thats the other shoe trend too, making the arches higher). I actually developed Tarsal Tunnell Syndrome because of it. Take special care of your feet and make sure you always have something appropriate on them. That will prevent stupid shit like this from happening.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennis sucks.

:bolt::bolt:

so the higher ups where I work decided they want to install a recreation area for employees with a sand volleyball court, basketball court, playground and pavilion and I wanted to ask if they would consider a tennis court. Guy I was talking to says 'tennis is the ultimate rich white guy sport". I just looked at him and said, dude, you golf. Golf is 100x more expensive.

Seriously, Golf specifically became popular in the US because rich old guys could have delusions of grandeur. Golf is not even a sport, its an activity. Tennis is the most physically demanding sport other than hockey and requires the highest amount of skill by far than any other.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine are somewhat flat too (thats the other shoe trend too, making the arches higher). I actually developed Tarsal Tunnell Syndrome because of it. Take special care of your feet and make sure you always have something appropriate on them. That will prevent stupid shit like this from happening.
I have never heard of Tarsal Tunnell Syndrome.

I have worn custom orthotics for years, but the Sole and SmartFeet inserts are pretty nice. I put them in my golf shoes and other sneakers. It's another $30 on top of the new shoe, but they help. Just need to make sure the shoe I buy has support on the inside to keep my foot from rolling over. I now know what to look for, which helps.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My dad's retired and lives in La Quinta, CA (closest major city is Indio, it's out near Palm Springs, most peeps know where that is, LOL) and he's been trying to get me and my son to golf with him. My is bi-racial (half white and half black) and he asked me, "Isn't golf a rich white man's sport, dad?"

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that I think I'm going to take me and the 17yo out there soon and play some golf with him. My dad will be happier than a pig in shit. Used a Southern reference since he's an old Arky.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad's retired and lives in La Quinta, CA (closest major city is Indio, it's out near Palm Springs, most peeps know where that is, LOL) and he's been trying to get me and my son to golf with him. My is bi-racial (half white and half black) and he asked me, "Isn't golf a rich white man's sport, dad?"
I love golfing, but my dad introduced me to it at a very young age. I was thinking Tiger would help bring more African Americans into the sport, but I don't think it has.

When I used to race sailboats, I had the ultimate white guy trifecta...on top of my name being Todd. It was inevitable...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out there and playing some holes might be fun.....I already told him we'll need a few brewski's.

Not for the 17yo, but me and dear old dad.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out there and playing some holes might be fun.....I already told him we'll need a few brewski's.

Not for the 17yo, but me and dear old dad.
swing oil. It always tends to help me play better.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a personal day since I gotta use them or lose them and no plans at all.

I'll be hanging on tHoop all day.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that I think I'm going to take me and the 17yo out there soon and play some golf with him. My dad will be happier than a pig in shit. Used a Southern reference since he's an old Arky.

Any game/sport is good if its just social. Being able to spend time with family and friends is more desirable then competing these days. Being able to do a little of both is bliss.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard of Tarsal Tunnell Syndrome.

I have worn custom orthotics for years, but the Sole and SmartFeet inserts are pretty nice. I put them in my golf shoes and other sneakers. It's another $30 on top of the new shoe, but they help. Just need to make sure the shoe I buy has support on the inside to keep my foot from rolling over. I now know what to look for, which helps.

TTS Its like Carpel Tunnel but more serious in that surgery is a lot less successful and will usually make things worse when it does not work.

Just got back from being fitted for the custom orthotics. Hopefully they help. I got the new softer ones that are a full length.

Yes, be careful with arch supports of any kind with flat feet. I used to where them years ago and rolled my ankles a lot. Sounds like you are on the right track. I, unfortunately, found out the hard way.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sucks.

Yeah, I have wide feet too. And I've been using New Balance for 6 - 7 years now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do like them? Which model?
I used to wear NB 806, but they never seemed to go on sale and I got tired of the boring white color. They were good shoes though, plenty of cushion for flat feet and good support.

rs.php