• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

do y'all play or just fans?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you bring a small video recorder and aim it at the side of the court serving. Lol. Then use it for replay as necessary.

Was he faulting going forward, or horizontally past the center divider?

Marat Safin kept getting called for foot faults at the 2008 USO for going past the center divider. He would then blow up and say it was a BS rule, or that he wasn't really doing it.
going forward. His back foot would come forward and I am pretty sure it was touching down on the court before hitting the ball, but you can't really be sure from that angle.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you bring a small video recorder and aim it at the side of the court serving. Lol. Then use it for replay as necessary.
I have done it myself. You will be amazed at how many errors you are actually making in contrast to how you picturize yourself playing in your head.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done it myself. You will be amazed at how many errors you are actually making in contrast to how you picturize yourself playing in your head.

One of my coaches did this, when I took lessons when I was a kid. Even replaying a quick point here or there, I thought was helpful. Both in terms of my form, and in terms of shot selection.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my serve taped back when I was in high school attending a camp down in Hilton Head. I would definitely benefit from watching that sort of thing now.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing a lot, although my time on the court does lessen once College Football starts.

I need some work on my service game, and someone directly me to Fuzzy Yellow Balls, but once on the site, it looks like it's just a lot of animated videos and little instruction. Am I missing something?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing a lot, although my time on the court does lessen once College Football starts.

I need some work on my service game, and someone directly me to Fuzzy Yellow Balls, but once on the site, it looks like it's just a lot of animated videos and little instruction. Am I missing something?
I've never used it. I might check it out since I am giving my gf lessons and could get some good ideas from there.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never used it. I might check it out since I am giving my gf lessons and could get some good ideas from there.

yeah - let me know what you think. My wife 'plays' but it's more of a nice weather wants to get outside and play tennis with me, than actually caring about mechanics, court positioning, or anything like that.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pissed off. Had to string a racquet for a dude on my men's team this weekend. He gave me a pack of Wilson Revolve string, super rigid string. He didn't say anything about syn on the crosses, so I did the whole thing with the poly. Now he wants syn on the crosses. Fucker.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took lessons as a kid and enjoyed it, but I rarely do it now.

Had two cousins that were rather good, both D1 level players (one at Notre Dame, the other at West Point).

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took lessons as a kid and enjoyed it, but I rarely do it now.

Had two cousins that were rather good, both D1 level players (one at Notre Dame, the other at West Point).
I am giving the girlfriend lessons. She is improving, but I am just soft-tossing to her at the service line until she gets the form down right. She is getting there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pissed off. Had to string a racquet for a dude on my men's team this weekend. He gave me a pack of Wilson Revolve string, super rigid string. He didn't say anything about syn on the crosses, so I did the whole thing with the poly. Now he wants syn on the crosses. Fucker.

Did he pay you?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he is putting Syn with a textured poly he will be restringing every few weeks so at least you have that to look forward to

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is putting Syn with a textured poly he will be restringing every few weeks so at least you have that to look forward to
poly wasn't textured, but I also don't think he has the type of swing where this kind of string will really work.

I cut the crosses last night and put new syn gut on. Hope it lasts a little while at least

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poly wasn't textured, but I also don't think he has the type of swing where this kind of string will really work.

I cut the crosses last night and put new syn gut on. Hope it lasts a little while at least

Yup. Got to find the right combo of strings and racket to go with swing type. Most club players never realize that. Some stumble across it by accident. Not all strings will perform properly with all rackets either. Every racket I have used I had to find a different string and usually use a different tension.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Got to find the right combo of strings and racket to go with swing type. Most club players never realize that. Some stumble across it by accident. Not all strings will perform properly with all rackets either. Every racket I have used I had to find a different string and usually use a different tension.
that's essentially why I got into stringing, so I could experiment with string combos for my swing. I can generate my own spin and power and play mostly from the baseline, so a hybrid works for me. I try to avoid the gimmicky strings with texture or barbs or whatever they have out there now.

I need to lower my gauge though. I think that will help me.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's essentially why I got into stringing, so I could experiment with string combos for my swing. I can generate my own spin and power and play mostly from the baseline, so a hybrid works for me. I try to avoid the gimmicky strings with texture or barbs or whatever they have out there now.

I need to lower my gauge though. I think that will help me.

I think I am finally going to try one of the textured strings. Kirschbaum just came out with it for the string I normally use. Was kind of surprised because their Spikey Shark string is very popular for that already.

I have a funky ground stroke and hit pretty flat but dont spend a lot of time at the baseline anyway. I moved to an 18 guage and it gives me enough spin to bring the ball down.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I am a spectacular 0-9 this season in doubles play, so I decided to jump back on the ladder match system and see if I am any better at singles. I immediately challenged a dude named Spencer, who I assume is a 15 yr old that will kick my ass.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I am a spectacular 0-9 this season in doubles play, so I decided to jump back on the ladder match system and see if I am any better at singles. I immediately challenged a dude named Spencer, who I assume is a 15 yr old that will kick my ass.

I think you posted this before, but how did you find this ladder match system? And what did you do to register?

What type of commitment does one have to make?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you posted this before, but how did you find this ladder match system? And what did you do to register?

What type of commitment does one have to make?
it's just a local thing run by some guy in the area. He uses Tennisrungs.com, but I don't think there is a way to find local ladders on there.

Do you know if there is a local tennis association where you live?