• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

do y'all play or just fans?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played a 26 yr old kid last night. Total pusher. He didn't beat me, but I beat myself. I was even up 5-4 in the first and lost 7-5. I just couldn't close the door and all he kept doing is blooping the ball deep into the court. What a frustrating match. I was serving well and my groundstrokes were on, but he just chased every fucking ball down. I hate pushers.

Are you new to tennis?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:)

New Balance 621.

I can't find it online anymore, but I see this New Balance 624 on Amazon, which looks similar.

I tried posting the link to the 624 but Xenforo is trying to convert to a special "Amazon" media tag, and it is messing it up.

Ok, here is the 621:

Men's New Balance 621

Got the NB 896. We will see how it goes.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do they feel when you tried them on?

Cheap. Plasticy, pleathery and hard as rocks. Apparently New Balance is going the way most other shoe companies and cheaping out to make a few more bucks.

I am begining to wonder if anyone even makes shoes out of leather and rubber any more.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap. Plasticy, pleathery and hard as rocks. Apparently New Balance is going the way most other shoe companies and cheaping out to make a few more bucks.

I am begining to wonder if anyone even makes shoes out of leather and rubber any more.

Hmm. Can you still return them?

I think the New Balance 621 - 624 models were all leather.

You can see the pic from the previous post (reposted below).

These might feel a little heavier, but I also think they're more durable.

Here's a few links:

http://SportsHoopla.com/hkqn8wt

http://SportsHoopla.com/j9qyt52

:)

New Balance 621.

I can't find it online anymore, but I see this New Balance 624 on Amazon, which looks similar.

I tried posting the link to the 624 but Xenforo is trying to convert to a special "Amazon" media tag, and it is messing it up.

Ok, here is the 621:

Men's New Balance 621

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Can you still return them?

I think the New Balance 621 - 624 models were all leather.

You can see the pic from the previous post (reposted below).

These might feel a little heavier, but I also think they're more durable.

Here's a few links:

http://SportsHoopla.com/hkqn8wt

http://SportsHoopla.com/j9qyt52

Thanks, I appreciate the effort. I found out Lotto came out with a new shoe recently. I still have an old pair of those and they were fantastic. Italian maker and good quality. I am going to give those a look. I ordered them already.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I appreciate the effort. I found out Lotto came out with a new shoe recently. I still have an old pair of those and they were fantastic. Italian maker and good quality. I am going to give those a look. I ordered them already.

Can you post a link?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you new to tennis?
no I have been playing for years. Mental game has always been my biggest weakness though, so pushers like this kid are my worst enemy.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you post a link?

Lotto Esosphere ALR Silver/Blue Men's Shoes

The width may be questionable but at least they are leather and will stretch eventually.

They also have the Viper shoe which has been around for a long time and is similar but a little more arch support and slightly smaller toe box. Hate those colors though, LOL.

So far these are awesome. Softest leather ever. Wider than New Balances 2E shoes somehow. Needs a bit more cushioning which I added. Super light. Fairly stable. Great explosion. I have questions as to how durable they will be. Some shoes change throughout the life as they get more wear and tear to so it will need more time.

I have only practiced in them a bit though. I will be playing this week again and going forward so I will report back.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far these are awesome. Softest leather ever. Wider than New Balances 2E shoes somehow. Needs a bit more cushioning which I added. Super light. Fairly stable. Great explosion. I have questions as to how durable they will be. Some shoes change throughout the life as they get more wear and tear to so it will need more time.

I have only practiced in them a bit though. I will be playing this week again and going forward so I will report back.

Thanks. Do they have a model a full leather top, and not a mesh top?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Do they have a model a full leather top, and not a mesh top?

Not this one.

The only one that I know of is the T-Tour. I believe they are up to model VIII now. The first 2 models were pretty good. The next 4 were not. I have not seen them in the US since model VI and I believe they are just a clay court model now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten out on the courts twice in the last week, feeling pretty good. Still have some rust to shake off, but my serve is feeling good. I have been focusing on my feet, pulling them together and driving with my legs and generating some good power. Not sure how much more I am generating, but it is making my toss better and my first serves have been pretty consistent. I am not complaining.

Also, went to Walmart and grabbed a box of 3 dozen Penn balls. Went to ring them up, and they wouldn't scan at the self-checkout. Lady came over to help and couldn't get it to work. I said I think they were $23 if you just want to punch it in or I can run back to the sporting goods department and grab the other box. She says don't worry about it, punches in $6, and sends me on my way. Thanks, Walmart!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten out on the courts twice in the last week, feeling pretty good. Still have some rust to shake off, but my serve is feeling good. I have been focusing on my feet, pulling them together and driving with my legs and generating some good power. Not sure how much more I am generating, but it is making my toss better and my first serves have been pretty consistent. I am not complaining.

Also, went to Walmart and grabbed a box of 3 dozen Penn balls. Went to ring them up, and they wouldn't scan at the self-checkout. Lady came over to help and couldn't get it to work. I said I think they were $23 if you just want to punch it in or I can run back to the sporting goods department and grab the other box. She says don't worry about it, punches in $6, and sends me on my way. Thanks, Walmart!

Wow! Great story.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How are the shoes going so far?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, ordered new shoes (Prince T22 Lite) and a couple dozen overgrips (Wilson Comfort)

Now I have to do something about my strings and redo all three of my racquets. Thinking of getting 16 gauge synthetic crosses and finding a reel of poly for the mains. Something like Big Banger.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the blue design with the words sold all that great, so they are marked down across the internets. I just bought the grey and red ones off Amazon for $75.

They aren't very wide. I think the regular T22s are wider, but I thought they felt heavy when I tried them on. These were more to my liking. They breathe pretty good too. This is my second pair.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the shoes going so far?

So far pretty good. I have to lace them tighter now to keep the stability, but that is typical with softer shoes. As expected they are not going to last as long as the plastic crap that most makers are selling but that is the trade off. Kind of like getting gut strings. Cant beat the feel but dont last long.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, ordered new shoes (Prince T22 Lite) and a couple dozen overgrips (Wilson Comfort)

Now I have to do something about my strings and redo all three of my racquets. Thinking of getting 16 gauge synthetic crosses and finding a reel of poly for the mains. Something like Big Banger.

Might want to try a co-poly if you have arm/shoulder issues. Especially if you have a stiff frame. Lots out there now. Read the labels and reviews.