• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do some really think lottery is fixed?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and the NBA needs the Bulls to be great again :hope:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they gave us Zion like they gave us Rose

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think the lottery is fixed every year I feel they have the ability to manipulate it if they want a specific player going to a team. I think they wanted Lonzo Ball going to LA, Lebron going to Cleveland and Ayton going to Arizona because that is their home towns or have ties to that city. I think they would want Zion to go to a big market with a ton of coverage like a Chicago or NY

I think where they didn't manipulate it and where pissed they didn't would be the Kevin Durant/Greg Ogden draft. I think they wanted them in bigger markets like NY or Boston because they sucked that year and ended up in Seattle/Portland where they would not get as much coverage. I also think that's why they partly wanted the sonics to move to OKC to give Durant and that young team having drafted Westbrook and Harden more Television coverage because it was Central time zone

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think the lottery is fixed every year I feel they have the ability to manipulate it if they want a specific player going to a team. I think they wanted Lonzo Ball going to LA, Lebron going to Cleveland and Ayton going to Arizona because that is their home towns or have ties to that city. I think they would want Zion to go to a big market with a ton of coverage like a Chicago or NY

I think where they didn't manipulate it and where pissed they didn't would be the Kevin Durant/Greg Ogden draft. I think they wanted them in bigger markets like NY or Boston because they sucked that year and ended up in Seattle/Portland where they would not get as much coverage. I also think that's why they partly wanted the sonics to move to OKC to give Durant and that young team having drafted Westbrook and Harden more Television coverage because it was Central time zone
why would the NBA care if Lebron was in his hometown if you think big market matters most to them? We are talking maybe the most talked about draft pick ever and they cared about Cleveland being his home town? And how, exactly, did they know for sure Phoenix would take Ayton?

do you know how the lottery is currently run and how hard it would be to manipulate? Never mind you are suggesting owners like Gilbert and Cuban - who have obscene wills to win - would get on board and not care their team had no shot?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero chance that the lottery is fixed. That makes for fun conspiracy theory banter but in reality the risks VASTLY outweigh any potential value the league would get from doing it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would the NBA care if Lebron was in his hometown if you think big market matters most to them? We are talking maybe the most talked about draft pick ever and they cared about Cleveland being his home town? And how, exactly, did they know for sure Phoenix would take Ayton?

do you know how the lottery is currently run and how hard it would be to manipulate? Never mind you are suggesting owners like Gilbert and Cuban - who have obscene wills to win - would get on board and not care their team had no shot?

The NBA would want LeBron in Cleveland because that would make a great story also its fact that the league as a whole would go down in value if you have teams every year for decades be garbage to mediocre so him going to the cavs going against big market teams would be great for TV and the league. How did they know they were going to take Ayton? you cant find a 2018 mock draft that didn't have him going to phoenix. I believe they wanted Ayton to stay in Arizona because there is a chance he may sign an extension there. I also believe the league wanted to help the cavs by rewarding them 3 #1 overall picks since LeBron left them and they knew it would kill their franchise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA would want LeBron in Cleveland because that would make a great story also its fact that the league as a whole would go down in value if you have teams every year for decades be garbage to mediocre so him going to the cavs going against big market teams would be great for TV and the league. How did they know they were going to take Ayton? you cant find a 2018 mock draft that didn't have him going to phoenix. I believe they wanted Ayton to stay in Arizona because there is a chance he may sign an extension there. I also believe the league wanted to help the cavs by rewarding them 3 #1 overall picks since LeBron left them and they knew it would kill their franchise.
The #1 pick the year they took Bennett was a reward? Yes, their fault they took him, but not like anyone was worthy of the #1 that year who anyone thought might go #1.

Do you know how the lottery works? You think other owners who could have picked #1 would say, "sure, go ahead and give a guy who could be the best ever to someone else?"

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 pick the year they took Bennett was a reward? Yes, their fault they took him, but not like anyone was worthy of the #1 that year who anyone thought might go #1.

Do you know how the lottery works? You think other owners who could have picked #1 would say, "sure, go ahead and give a guy who could be the best ever to someone else?"

They were rewarded with the number 1 pick whether the player couldn't be developed into a star isn't the leagues fault, situations, coaching, training, the city you play in play a part in developing a young player. Victor Oladipo looked like a average player in Orlando and Oklahoma but reached his all star potential when he went back home to Indiana.

I agree what you said with the owners I do not believe they are in on it because the amount of internal fighting with them trying to get a higher pick for their franchise. Like I said before I don't think its completely fixed and they manipulate the ball every year but I do believe if there is an opportunity to manipulate something that would be beneficial for the league they can do it

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were rewarded with the number 1 pick whether the player couldn't be developed into a star isn't the leagues fault, situations, coaching, training, the city you play in play a part in developing a young player. Victor Oladipo looked like a average player in Orlando and Oklahoma but reached his all star potential when he went back home to Indiana.

I agree what you said with the owners I do not believe they are in on it because the amount of internal fighting with them trying to get a higher pick for their franchise. Like I said before I don't think its completely fixed and they manipulate the ball every year but I do believe if there is an opportunity to manipulate something that would be beneficial for the league they can do it

You are engaging is some really really bad post hoc reasoning. You are looking the results and trying to come up with a reason why it was fixed to achieve that result. That makes no sense.

If the league REALLY fixed the lottery the Sixers would NEVER have got Ben Simmons because there is no way the league would have let the Process Sixers get rewarded.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are engaging is some really really bad post hoc reasoning. You are looking the results and trying to come up with a reason why it was fixed to achieve that result. That makes no sense.

If the league REALLY fixed the lottery the Sixers would NEVER have got Ben Simmons because there is no way the league would have let the Process Sixers get rewarded.

And what are you doing you are looking at other results to make my theories wrong even after I said I don't think the league is completely fixed. Obviously I can point out drafts where I can say yeah they probably felt there was no need to move the balls in any specific direction. The bottom line is this and someone told me this and I will always believe it. You are a fool who lives in a fantasy world to believe in ANY organization where there is a lot of money being exchanged/deals being made both over and under the table that there isn't some form of corruption or manipulation in order to make more money. We already have had corrupt refs and betting on games is now legal in the arena.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what are you doing you are looking at other results to make my theories wrong even after I said I don't think the league is completely fixed. Obviously I can point out drafts where I can say yeah they probably felt there was no need to move the balls in any specific direction. The bottom line is this and someone told me this and I will always believe it. You are a fool who lives in a fantasy world to believe in ANY organization where there is a lot of money being exchanged/deals being made both over and under the table that there isn't some form of corruption or manipulation in order to make more money. We already have had corrupt refs and betting on games is now legal in the arena.

Trying to justify your argument by saying "corruption exists thus my particular theory is valid" is pretty weak beer.

Tim Donaghy fixed games because he thought the gains outweighed the risks. He was getting paid a lot of money to fix the games.

You are trying to claim that the NBA is willing to take huge risks(as in risk the very existence of the league) in order to further random narratives like Deandre Ayton staying in Arizona would be a good story. It makes absolutely no sense. It makes even less sense than the "The fix is in for the big market teams" narrative.

Sometimes coincidences happen. That's just the way it is.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to justify your argument by saying "corruption exists thus my particular theory is valid" is pretty weak beer.

Tim Donaghy fixed games because he thought the gains outweighed the risks. He was getting paid a lot of money to fix the games.

You are trying to claim that the NBA is willing to take huge risks(as in risk the very existence of the league) in order to further random narratives like Deandre Ayton staying in Arizona would be a good story. It makes absolutely no sense. It makes even less sense than the "The fix is in for the big market teams" narrative.

To the paranoid, nothing is a coincidence and unbelievers are all naive fools

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm being serious when I ask...do you have any idea how the lottery has been run the last 5 years or so?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think billionaires would risk prison to make a few extra million?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you even imagine what will happen if NY wins? Will have to be a conspiracy....not because they have as good or better chance than anyone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you even imagine what will happen if NY wins? Will have to be a conspiracy....not because they have as good or better chance than anyone.

People are still convinced that the lottery is rigged because the Knicks got the number 1 pick 35 years ago. They have made the playoffs 4 times in the last 18 years and they have had 1 pick in the top 5(#4) and people are still convinced that the league is rigged.

Srini

Custom Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a large market team gets the first pick, that confirms the lottery was fixed.

And if the team with the first pick selects a local favorite, it was also fixed that year as well. (Inconceivable they might wish to fill seats).

Only in years where a small market team used the pick on a non-local player was the lottery not fixed.

And fans know about these fixes but the owners don't.

Hmm, interesting. Interesting.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welp you believe in coincidence I don't. You believe every ref in honesty, leadership in the organization are sitting on their seats next to the fans wondering where the balls will land. And I am sure whatever move they do decide than can be somewhat under the table I am sure ran it by lawyers in which it would be impossible to prove if anything where to come out. Who would really challenge the NBA on the lottery being fixed?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welp you believe in coincidence I don't. You believe every ref in honesty, leadership in the organization are sitting on their seats next to the fans wondering where the balls will land. And I am sure whatever move they do decide than can be somewhat under the table I am sure ran it by lawyers in which it would be impossible to prove if anything where to come out. Who would really challenge the NBA on the lottery being fixed?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think billionaires would risk prison to make a few extra million?

There was a recent owner willing to go to prison just for a hand job at an Asian massage parlor