• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do some really think lottery is fixed?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it funny that we are spending a lot more time talking about lotto fixing than Tim Donaghy.

That ESPN report was crazy. And I would not be surprised in the least to find out that he wasn't the only ref doing fishy stuff.
Zero chance he was alone.

Officials in every sport, at every level are dirty.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they do it now its pretty much impossible to fix. Outside agency does it, everyone (including team reps) locked in a room while its done. Someone would see something if fixing were attempted

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it funny that we are spending a lot more time talking about lotto fixing than Tim Donaghy.

That ESPN report was crazy. And I would not be surprised in the least to find out that he wasn't the only ref doing fishy stuff.
Haven't followed everything with Donaghy then or now, but isn't this more about a crooked ref? I get he had things to say about the league, but if he were believable, wouldn't they go after the higher ups as opposed to him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they do it now its pretty much impossible to fix. Outside agency does it, everyone (including team reps) locked in a room while its done. Someone would see something if fixing were attempted

Being locked in a room has some thinking that is why it's fixed. But if they think more about it, I think they'd come to your conclusion (as stated earlier).

You'd be risking a lot if you got caught.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aren't aware of evidence showing sporting events can be and are rigged, you haven't been paying attention. Ever.
Can be? Sure. Are? Any proof, or could you even tell me who is doing the fixing and why?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't followed everything with Donaghy then or now, but isn't this more about a crooked ref? I get he had things to say about the league, but if he were believable, wouldn't they go after the higher ups as opposed to him?

Stern shut all the investigations down before they got underway.

Speculation is that there were a number of crooked refs. We may never know.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being locked in a room has some thinking that is why it's fixed. But if they think more about it, I think they'd come to your conclusion (as stated earlier).

You'd be risking a lot if you got caught.

Yeah, that's why I think its impossible. That outside agency conducts it and they go through each step of the process as the team reps look on. So they see them pass out the cards with all the lotto number combos, see them set up the ping pong ball system, then see the draw. I think Zach Lowe wrote a piece about it a few years back. It was pretty interesting

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I think its impossible. That outside agency conducts it and they go through each step of the process as the team reps look on. So they see them pass out the cards with all the lotto number combos, see them set up the ping pong ball system, then see the draw. I think Zach Lowe wrote a piece about it a few years back. It was pretty interesting
I think most know it's a complicated system, but the conspiracy theorists will keep coming to it being behind closed doors. Why not show it? Pretty sure anyone in there will tell you it's not something that would make for good TV the way they have to run it now, unlike just picking one card and that's that.