• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DIVISIONAL ROUND DUH CHEFS

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all this means is it is pretty bleak, eh?
giphy.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the double juju!

I really think the boys will need it out in KC. Just as some Steelers were still smarting the beatdown they took down in MIA, I'm sure several Chiefs are looking for payback for the game in week 4 when the Steeler hung 43 on them.

I think this will be fairly close game...KC has some clear advantages aside from homefield, but there are some things that favor the Steelers and that's why I think the line is so close. Ware is an accomplished RB, so he can and West can't be overlooked, but the real death wishes on the Chiefs are Kelce and Hill. I can see Reid getting some formation ISO matchups with Timmons on Kelce....Hill in the slot vs Gay scares the shit out of me.

At the end of the day...Gilbert vs Houston might be the most important matchup of the day...if Ben has time to throw even with Peters I like the Steelers chances...I'm going with PIT.

26-24...FG wins it.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right! lol

Thanks @MISKO & @NorthCoastSteelersFan

Now I hope everyone will be wearing the same underwear this Sunday! juju game strong!
holy shit all I own is tighty whities they all look the same even down to the racing stripes ill never find the exact pair i had on this past sunday... geeesh

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit all I own is tighty whities they all look the same even down to the racing stripes ill never find the exact pair i had on this past sunday... geeesh
Better put them all on at once just to be safe

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... They are expecting freezing rain and possible snow showers. Wear some insulation boys, this ones gonna be cold & messy. Haley will likely open up with the run game because that has been KC's weakness. They haven't proven capable of stopping the run very well, and their secondary is vastly improved. The Chiefs were banged up at CB in wk 4 which allowed the Steelers to pick on D.J. White, but the trio of Peters, Mitchell and Nelson have been lights-out in the last qtr of the season. I don't see Haley being quite as aggressive this week because of that & the weather. O-line will have to prove once again that they are road graders! KC's Justin Houston is back to full strength this go-round, so expect some resistance from his side. One of my biggest worries this week is that if Roethlisberger isn’t 100% he could be prone to mistakes. He has a tendency to force throws he might not be able to with a sore ankle and we’ve all seen that turnovers in his case tend to come in bunches. In such a tightly contested matchup those could prove to be their undoing.

Defense... KC's offensive strength is PIT's defensive weakness. Getting the ball out quickly into space. Steelers haven't been stellar with tackling from the secondary so things could get hairy quickly for this unit if they don't figure out a way to get guys like Hill, Ware & Kelce on the ground. Those quick-routes will also help to erase Pittsburgh's strong pass rush. Hopefully the weather keeps that from happening too often. This unit did an excellent job handing this team in week 4, but the Chiefs are a much different team this time around thanks to the emergence of Kelce & Hill. Hill is a matchup nightmare. Old Man Willie Gay operating out of the slot has me the most worried. But I think Shazier can bottle him up. As for Kelce... Their OC has gotten pretty creative with moving him around to create mismatches. I expect that to continue as well as be a main focal point to their attack. Alex Smith has a ridiculous passer rating when targeting him so they will look to emphasize on that this week. Shazier, Davis & Mitchell will have their hands full. Watch out for that underneath route that puts Timmons in coverage on the slot guys... Hill would feast in that matchup. Butler has figured out the blueprint to limiting offenses like these in the past, so let's hope he has it again this time around.

Overall... This game has me a lot more worried than last week's. KC matches up well with Pittsburgh so this game could turn into a bloodbath. I cannot emphasize this enough, but the Steelers will need to win the time of possession battle. KC has the tools to keep up with Pittsburgh's offense so controlling the clock & taking care of the pigskin is vital. Turnovers & field goals will be crucial this week. Steelers have an incredible amount of momentum and seem to be peaking at the right time so let's hope for that magic to continue!

Mind the juju... :hope:

KC 27 - PIT 24

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Big Ben hurt and Andy Reid's record coming off byes, why aren't more of you taking the Chiefs?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Big Ben hurt and Andy Reid's record coming off byes, why aren't more of you taking the Chiefs?

Can't bring myself to do it.

Ben...if he has just a little mobility to climb the pocket, that's enough...if he can't do that...Steelers are in trouble. I agree with Face...with the weather predicting to be a slushy mix...Throwing might not be the biggest factor in this game...KC has trouble stopping the run and Bell might be the best RB in the game right now...certainly the best all around.

Certainly wouldn't be surprised to see KC win at home, but going with the experience of Ben, the OL and Bell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks pretty even to me. How do the Steelers stop Hill from getting his?
Steelers rushing vs. KC rushing D is a huge factor in that chart...

Hill... A combination of Artie Burns, Ryan Shazier & Sean Davis should be able to get the job done.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when everyone makes the steelers the underdog .. that just makes them play better
and what dont people understand about the word "precautionary" when they talk about the ankle boot that he had on after the game on sunday..from what i have read ben is fine and his ankle is ok ...not super worried about the chefs

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice burn that I heard from a Pats fan(cant remember who) on SportsHoopla years ago that actually made me laugh and I couldnt really argue with because its basically true. Especially in AFCC games was.......

Dan Rooney doesn't own the Steelers...

...Tom Brady does!

5KqkVCu.gif